The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 143 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Jacob : I know you are an LSU homer but at least give the Champion their props, saying they werent that good smacks of sour grapes...face the fact that it was your team that wasnt that good, even though your self proclaimed prophecy to annoint them as such early in the season proved otherwise
    LSU was the most talented team & the draft will soon reflect that. I guess I keep forgetting that slingblade is on the sideline & his asinine decisions will always negatively change a game or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    09' / 37-21
    11' / 21-0
    12' / 42-14

While I do think that Notre Dame was not the #1 Team in the Country, and still being a little aggravated with Bama not playing Florida, Georgia or South Carolina for 2 years in a row during the regular season, it's really hard to say 'They aren't that good'.

In fact I’m not sure anyone would care b/c all you have to do is simply look at the trophy case.

We all said it before. The REAL NC Title game happened on Dec. 1st. This January game was just for the REST of College Football Fans

The fact remains though that LSU is one Crystal Ball away from being tied with BAMA on 'BCS' NC Titles
    at least that makes me smile lol!
    Yeah, I give up on LSU winning another BCS NAT CHAMP as long as slingblade is there. He alone is to blame for the loss @ home this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    He's also the same guy who at the begining of this season gave it to me for saying that LSU's QB play would not in any way be better than last years production with Lee and Jefferson.He was comparing ZM to Peyton Manning . Wow was he wrong once again.

On a serious note. McCarron did break Peytons previous record of TD-INT ratio.. Ended the season with 30TD'S-3ints. Not to bad right there.

When did Pay A Ton become Sam Bradford? Terrible troll attempt @ best.

I said he would light up y'all's secondary, which he did.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Jacob is the same guy who basically told me I was stupid for failing to recognize that ND's defense was "the best front 7 [Alabama] would face all year" and for thinking that we should commit to running the football against them. Maybe some of us "gumps" know a little more about what we are watching than Jacob is willing to give credit for.
    Eh, I was far from the only person who said as much. St. Nick himself said that this was the biggest group of overachievers he's been a part of. So again, don't act like I just pulled this out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Yeah, I give up on LSU winning another BCS NAT CHAMP as long as slingblade is there.

So many people are saying the same thing .....
    He's too loyal to make the right decisions to put us over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    St. Nick himself said that this was the biggest group of overachievers he's been a part of. So again, don't act like I just pulled this out of thin air.
    No, you pulled it out of some other physical location that will go unmentioned.

Let's translate for you beyond the X's and O's that you don't understand particularly well either.

Saban said, "Basically, I think this team over-achieved." Translation: They managed to win back-to-back BCS championships which hadn't previously been achieved. And they did it with a heavy complement of four- and five-star recruits (Landon Collins, anyone?), with a smattering of three-stars and three All-American offensive linemen and three more AA's on defense and a couple more soon-to-be All-Americans like next season. So there wasn't a whole lot of "overachieving" necessary. Capisce?

MG

“To be honest, I think this team has kind of exceeded expectations,” Saban said. “If you look at all the players that we lost last year, the leadership that we lost, the injuries that we’ve had
    link

Just saying.....

'Bama did indeed exceed expectations. They were the preseason No. 2 and finished No. 1 by winning the national championship. So that's exceeding expectations - though it's all relative of course to what expectations you're exceeding - or unexceeding (thinking of those co-consensus preseason No. 1's the Who and USKitty-LitterC).

MG

Quote Originally Posted by crackerd View Post
    'Bama did indeed exceed expectations. They were the preseason No. 2 and finished No. 1 by winning the national championship. So that's exceeding expectations - though it's all relative of course to what expectations you're exceeding - or unexceeding (thinking of those co-consensus preseason No. 1's the Who and USKitty-LitterC).

MG
    Whatever dude, I'm just showing what Saban actually said. I took it similar to what Jacob said in context as it was repeated on ESPN Radio. Saban thought this team were indeed over achievers and did not expect to see what he saw as the year went on.

The over achievers were in College Station. Bama did what they had to do and are the champions. The BCS title game was a joke but until we have a playoff we will get to have these debates every year.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Yep, it's a regional thing. Everybody always thinks their region is the best, so when it come to speculating rather than actually playing, they lead with their hearts.

John
    Funny, it's the same in FTs don't you think?
    Bill Davis