The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 145 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

  1. #1441
    Senior Member Wayne Nutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    4,225

    Default

    Anyone notice the A&M and AL scores were off by only one point. A&M over OK by 41 to 13. AL over ND 42 to 14.
    The Aggies missed a PAT.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

    HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

  2. #1442
    Senior Member hughest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Greenhill, AL
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Maddox View Post
    Just a question here. Did Saban actually say that this team was the "least talented"? I did here him say that they were "overachievers", but I missed the "least talented" part. Overachievers can be scary talented as well.
    Yeah, he did. The context of the coversation was regarding the individual talent levels, vs the team chemistry. I actually still have it recorded - I'll re watch it again tonight just to make sure I have the wording correct. Good excuse for me to watch it AGAIN!
    Tracy Hughes - Crimson Kennels
    www.crimsonkennels.com

    Jessica's Chocolate Cait, MH
    Mosby's Big Jake, MH
    Tubby's Maxximum Trouble, MH
    Double G Cosmo's Dream Girl, MH
    Crimson's Coriander Dream, MH
    Johnson's Redwind, MH
    Crimson's TNT By Design, MH
    Crimson's Black Powder Girl, MH

  3. #1443
    Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ghent, Ky
    Posts
    2,578

    Default

    I have watched the game now TWICE because it does me good to see the TIDE ROLL over ND...(the most over rated team ) in the country this year.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

    Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

  4. #1444
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Anyone notice the A&M and AL scores were off by only one point. A&M over OK by 41 to 13. AL over ND 42 to 14.
    The Aggies missed a PAT.
    Should have seen the LSU and Bama scores last year. Crazy!

  5. #1445
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Hilarious at first but good to read all the way through/

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...llege-football

    The sea of blue-clad fans inside Twitter Stadium on San Francisco Bay erupts. Brent Musburger, 86 years old but miraculously looking younger than he did 20 years before, intones, "And your 2025 national champions -- the Kentucky Wildcats!

    To which Kirk Herbstreit adds, "That's 18 of 20 for the SEC, and this is the most unlikely champion from the SEC era, a program that really found itself under the leadership of coach Tim Tebow."
    When Florida crushed Ohio State on Jan. 8, 2007, to claim the BCS national championship, no one imagined that would be the first of seven consecutive titles for the SEC. While the SEC was widely viewed even then as the nation's best conference, most considered the wide world of college football as too laden with regional powers dotting the landscape for one league to take over in the BCS era.

  6. #1446
    Senior Member TDB87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    scottsboro,Al
    Posts
    266

    Default

    For all you BCS haters/playoff enthusiast. I heard on ESPN earlier that they have decided to have a selection comittee of 16-24(?) people. The guy said they will not go by any BCS,ap,coaches or any other poll out there. He said they will sit down in a room and decide on 4 teams to go to the 4 team "playoff". Could be any team with no curiculum to go by really, they will just be asked to take into account for Strengh of schedule and con. champs.

    Would it be to hard for them to just take the top 4 teams in the AP poll to put into the playoff? All day long on the sports radio i listen to they are trying to figure out the 4 teams to go with out a method to the madness. Some of the guys were saying they need to pick the 4 hottest teams at that time. Some were saying leave oregon out due to a head to head loss to stanford and put stanford in. Some were saying put TAMU in the playoff because they had a good back stretch run late in there sch and scrap out the TWO losses they had. It was a even larger mess by throwing in a mediocre undefeated suckeye team.

    This playoff is not going to be what alot of people think it is.
    HRCH DRAKE

  7. #1447
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    Would it be to hard for them to just take the top 4 teams in the AP poll to put into the playoff?
    This playoff is not going to be what alot of people think it is.
    -Do you really want to go back to the completely biased and purely emotional based AP Poll!?
    It's the whole reason that SPLIT/Championships exist in the first place.
    -Look at ESPN and other Sports outlets were VOTERS are writing these SEC HAte Articles. You don't think they'll do their best throughout the year with their votes to KEEP SEC Teams from ganging up in the Play-offs ??

    -You're right about that
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-10-2013 at 02:31 PM.

  8. #1448
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    For all you BCS haters/playoff enthusiast. I heard on ESPN earlier that they have decided to have a selection comittee of 16-24(?) people. The guy said they will not go by any BCS,ap,coaches or any other poll out there. He said they will sit down in a room and decide on 4 teams to go to the 4 team "playoff". Could be any team with no curiculum to go by really, they will just be asked to take into account for Strengh of schedule and con. champs.

    Would it be to hard for them to just take the top 4 teams in the AP poll to put into the playoff? All day long on the sports radio i listen to they are trying to figure out the 4 teams to go with out a method to the madness. Some of the guys were saying they need to pick the 4 hottest teams at that time. Some were saying leave oregon out due to a head to head loss to stanford and put stanford in. Some were saying put TAMU in the playoff because they had a good back stretch run late in there sch and scrap out the TWO losses they had. It was a even larger mess by throwing in a mediocre undefeated suckeye team.

    This playoff is not going to be what alot of people think it is.
    If they aren't going to go with an expanded sixteen team playoff system pitting conference champions against each other, then just can the whole thing and go back to the AP and Coaches poll where we have endless arguments speculating who the real National Champion is.

  9. #1449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    -Do you really want to go back to the completely biased and purely emotional based AP Poll!?
    It's the whole reason that SPLIT/Championships exist in the first place.
    -Look at ESPN and other Sports outlets were VOTERS are writing these SEC HAte Articles. You don't think they'll do their best throughout the year with their votes to KEEP SEC Teams from ganging up in the Play-offs ??

    -You're right about that
    If you were to take the polls out and go by the computer rankings Alabama wouldn't even have been invited to the Championship game. If you were to go with the computer ranking AFTER the Championship game the computer still had ND better than Alabama. The AP poll was and is still is a better system than the BCS.

  10. #1450
    Senior Member TDB87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    scottsboro,Al
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    -Do you really want to go back to the completely biased and purely emotional based AP Poll!?
    It's the whole reason that SPLIT/Championships exist in the first place.
    -Look at ESPN and other Sports outlets were VOTERS are writing these SEC HAte Articles. You don't think they'll do their best throughout the year with their votes to KEEP SEC Teams from ganging up in the Play-offs ??

    -You're right about that
    Oh i get what you're saying and don't disagree. If they used the final 4 from the AP poll, im sure through out the season voters in the AP will be trying there hardest to not vote to many sec teams at the top. But what i'm saying is how are 24 people on a comittee going to come up with the "correct" playoff situation if three credible guys in one room on a radio station cant come up with and agree on 4 of the same teams. There will still be SEC haters in that room. Or people that think a weak big10 doesnt deserve in even if it's a undefeated team.

    I think if they're going to use a selection comittee. They need to have a selection comittee poll of some sort vs telling them to sit down in a room and try to agree on 4 teams.Then have the play off and award the winner of the play off as the champion and let the AP,or coaches or harris polls do what they want. If anything over the years at least the BCS did get it away from having split champions. We know how everyone hates on Bama for all of our championships from those splits
    I just dont see it being a smooth fair process if they proceed with what i heard today.

    But to answer: No i dont want to go back. I'm a fan of the BCS and think there is just more griping and complaining to come with a new system.
    Last edited by TDB87; 01-10-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    HRCH DRAKE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •