The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 146 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    If you were to take the polls out and go by the computer rankings Alabama wouldn't even have been invited to the Championship game. If you were to go with the computer ranking AFTER the Championship game the computer still had ND better than Alabama. The AP poll was and is still is a better system than the BCS.
    I just don't see how you can say that after so many years of jacked up voting.

The computer side of the BCS is what it is. Unbiased Number Cruncher. The AP & Coaches side make up MORE THAN 2/3 of the entire BCS ranking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    The computer side of the BCS is what it is. Unbiased Number Cruncher. The AP & Coaches side make up MORE THAN 2/3 of the entire BCS ranking system.
    I agree with you on the built in bias of the polls, but before the BCS we all knew that and argued about the final ranking. It was a kind of fun, meaningless rant that was part of the tradition of College football. My argument with the current BCS system is that by adding one final "BCS Championship game" based on the same biased polls with a (to me) equally biased computer program, it creates a false credibility to the final champion. To me it is fun to argue that a Pac 12 team is better than Alabama, but unless the two play we can only speculate, so let the conference champions play each other and settle who is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post

The AP was taken out of the formula after the 2003 debacle... Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by J Cosentino View Post
    The AP was taken out of the formula after the 2003 debacle... Where have you been?
    LMAO purple colored glasses regards,
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Eh, I was far from the only person who said as much. St. Nick himself said that this was the biggest group of overachievers he's been a part of. So again, don't act like I just pulled this out of thin air.
    This is getting to be a vicious cycle.

I said I hoped Bama did not give up on running against Georgia, and that the best way to neutralize Jarvis Jones would
    be to run right at him. You told me Bama would never be able to run on Georgia, and another poster told me that if
    Bama ran at Jones he would beat us. 350 yards rushing made you incorrect, and Gary Danielson took the time during the game to point out how Bama was neutralizing Jarvis Jones - by running right at him.

Then you and EdA made a federal case out of Quinton Dial's hit on Aaron Murray. When the head of SEC officials exonerated Dial after 10 days of excruciating review, I said something about it on this forum and was told that nobody acknowledged this because of the Sandy Hook shooting and the upcoming fiscal cliff. Fair enough.

I say the same thing about the ND game as Georgia and got told again that there is no way Bama runs on the ND defense. I believe I quoted you earlier. 265 yards rushing later, you were again proved incorrect.

Now you want to split hairs about something Coach Saban said about his team having overachieved, which he did say. I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that two times I told you Bama needed to run the football to win, two times you told me Bama could not do it, and Bama totaled 600 yards rushing and won the SEC and BCS championship games.

I am wondering if/when you are simply going to say that I was right about those two football games and you were not.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post

I said I hoped Bama did not give up on running against Georgia, and that the best way to neutralize Jarvis Jones would
    be to run right at him. You told me Bama would never be able to run on Georgia, and another poster told me that if
    Bama ran at Jones he would beat us. 350 yards rushing made you incorrect, and Gary Danielson took the time during the game to point out how Bama was neutralizing Jarvis Jones - by running right at him.

Then you and EdA made a federal case out of Quinton Dial's hit on Aaron Murray. When the head of SEC officials exonerated Dial after 10 days of excruciating review, I said something about it on this forum and was told that nobody acknowledged this because of the Sandy Hook shooting and the upcoming fiscal cliff. Fair enough.

I say the same thing about the ND game as Georgia and got told again that there is no way Bama runs on the ND defense. I believe I quoted you earlier. 265 yards rushing later, you were again proved incorrect.

Now you want to split hairs about something Coach Saban said about his team having overachieved, which he did say. I am not sure what that has to do with the fact that two times I told you Bama needed to run the football to win, two times you told me Bama could not do it, and Bama totaled 600 yards rushing and won the SEC and BCS championship games.

I am wondering if/when you are simply going to say that I was right about those two football games and you were not.
    When Hell Freezes Over
    Bill Davis

If you honestly think that wasn't a helmet to helmet hit, then there's little reason to try to discuss anything else.

You were right about being able to run the ball in those 2 games. Again, it would be 1 thing if I was the only one who said what I said, but I wasn't. Far from it.

Why does it matter if anyone agrees with you? That's the fun of it, arguing over things that have no real bearing on life. In the real world does any of this matter? I realize football is a big deal in the South, but people from other regions disagreeing with you is not reason enough to start a new Civil War. Now here's my thoughts on your points that I didn't copy here:

1) I agree with you, running at Jarvis Jones seemed to be a good strategy.
    2) I agree with Ed and Jabob, regardless of SEC officials decidingthe hit on Aaron Murray was within the rules, it looked like an unnecessary cheap shot to me, then your timing did seem a bit insensitive as the significance of the argument diminished against a real world tragedy.
    3) You were again correct, as a matter of fact I pointed out durring the game I wished my favorite NFL team had that line and those two runners.

I still don't think Alabama is the number one team in the Country, I just think ND was terribly overrated.

John

I was just kidding on that last point, wanted to raise your blood pressure a bit as you seem to take this so seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I was just kidding on that last point, wanted to raise your blood pressure a bit as you seem to take this so seriously...
    Good one!

You've succeeded in raising blood pressure for all RTF SEC fans.

More news on Johnny Football
    http://www.nola.com/sugarbowl/index....nziel_sel.html
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.