RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#843 ·
John that is fine and yes in the bushes is where I was this morning doiing a little deer hunting and reading RTF. I do think that it has been a great year to an Irish fan. I would have not believed it would have been this good. Also what a year for college football there has been some great games and some exciting upsets. GO IRISH

#846 ·
the Arkansas coach was gutless, he wasnt going to get a whole lot of chances, and he had nothing to lose, but 4th and goal from inside the 1 and you kick a field goal...gimme a break...

I will admit ..no defensive secondary in the country hits harder and tackles better than LSU...easy to see why they keep putting out first round NFL draft picks, the Arky receivers were hearing footsteps when they went over the middle..LSU laid the wood to a couple of them

#845 ·
Anything can happen in college sports on any given day - WSU 31- UW 28 in OT. Congratulations to the Cougs & Mike Leach :cool:.

#848 ·
check back in the thread and I predicted that my Horns would be lucky to finish 2-2, they are staring that smack dab in the face....but it will be the best wake up call for the program going 5-7,7-5, and 8-4 is not acceptable at the 40 acres when you recruit the way they do...I am afraid that it may cost family friend OC Bryan Harsin a job but the program needs some fresh new leadership...Mack B has shown he can only win if he has an exceptional QB..his teams are soft and it shows

#855 ·
You would be hard pressed to convince me that there isnt a more complete all around team than Florida...they run the football well, they play defense, and their special teams make plays......wont even start with their "coach Boom" because I am a huge fan..they should do no worse than a BCS at large berth

#856 ·
Talking about "Grown Man Football"....... if you like to see smash mouth knock your #$$% in your watch pocket football, the Florida - Florida State Game was brutal. If FSU loses to Tech in the ACC championship its because they are still battered and bruised from the came against Florida tonight.

#857 ·
quote from Gator Coach Muschamp after the game " I have always been a Lane Kiffin fan".....

#859 ·
I'm still finding it hard to believe.

I've watched a lot of Irish Football this year, obviously more than usual and I just wouldn't put money on them beating either UGA or Bama. I wouldn't have put money on them to beat USC WITH Barkely.

They've had a good ride, tough games too. Ok REALLY Tough like the 0.246 mph wind gust away from losing to Pitt and the Stanford Call but well I guess we'll just see.

#862 · (Edited)
ND struggled against Pitt and Florida barely escaped with a win against the UL Ragin Cajuns, winning that game with 2 seconds to go! Bama is going to have their hands full with Georgia so I'm thinking it is going to be ND vs Bulldawgs for the entire enchallada.

I can't see how Johnny Football doesn't win the Heisman.

#871 ·
Looks like the Auburn job is going to open...no surprise....quite a few SEC jobs open and up for grabs..Arkansas, Tenn. Auburn, Kentucky...Does Gruden take one of them ?

#873 ·
Why would he - he's well respected where he is & has about the best gig in sportsdom.

#879 ·
Well the line on the Bama vs UGA game just came out....Crimson Tide minus 8 points: over/under at 51

expect both numbers to move later after they open to the public

#881 ·
I expect that spread to close up as people bet on UGa. I am afraid we don't match up very well with them at all.

Of course, maybe Baccari Rambo's public comment that they have better players than we do will help us psychologically.

#883 ·
Good thing I have black lab and hunt waterfowl. Cause if I had to try and fit in with my college football preference I would be out in the cold or not vry welcomed. With that said and seeing this a thread about college football. I still like my IRISH and they are heading to the national championship. I am very pleased and surprised how the year went. Take care all.

#893 ·
It doesn't matter. LSU beat both South Carolina & TAMU. 1 (Of the 10 win teams.) goes to The BCS CHAMP GAME & 1 to The Sugar Bowl. They (LSU.) will go to either The Capital One (Where I would prefer them to go, but they could get nugged out by the loser of The SEC CHAMP GAME.) or The Cotton.

#894 ·
Color me concerned that *uburn actually fired Chizik. They have a puncher's chance of getting it right. Well, either that or there may be more preachers with talented QB sons who are suddenly able to do hundreds of thousands of dollars of renovations on their church to bring it into code compliance. God does work in mysterious ways, but you have to wonder if they are quite that mysterious.

Speaking of which, all I heard in 2010 was that it was a "God thing" going on down at *uburn. What does that mean for the last couple of years????

#896 ·
I would agree but for the fact that Petrino is radioactive right now because of the employment law implications of hiring his mistress and lying to his boss about it. Plus it would be just slightly hypocritical for the "*uburn fambily", as Pat Dye might say, to hire someone who doesn't match up with the *uburn Creed, wouldn't it? And surely they don't want a mean old coach like Saban, do they?

It has been a lot of fun watching them implode and paint themselves into various corners at the same time. It is only this much fum because we have been there before and will be there again. You LSU folks really miss out not having to share your state with a conference rival.

#912 ·
If ESPN has any say you would think they are the PR firm for Manti Teo from ND

He had his on man cheer squad Skip Useless (Bayless) singing his praises all morning

#915 ·
The local D/FW sports talk guys call him Skip Brainless
Rumor has it that the cigar smoking, miller light drinking Randy Galloway invented the term we are wimp free radio to insult the Bayless show when both were in the Metroplex. Now they both work for ESPN. Wimpy has risen to a higher level unfortunately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.