RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#1,172 ·
Miles is a great recruiter and runs the program well but then need to force him to bring in a good O-Cordinator and let him run the Offense. His coaching staff has set up the worst offensive schemes I have seen and are terrible play callers. It wasn't just those three pass plays. It looks like a high school offense.

#1,176 ·
bill,
why do you think urban meyer has been able to recruit all those big, fast, sec quality offensive linemen? their daddy's are sending them somewhere they wont get humilliated or killed by clowney!

i bet you can already buy an artist sketch of the upcoming, limited edition print of that hit for your "gamecock" media room!

#1,191 ·
i think it will be either #1 notre dame or #2 alabama who play in the bcs title game monday evening?

monday the mighty sec will have yet another opportunity to "lay an egg" for all who are so tired of the sec's bcs success. eight in a row for the sec, we shall see? four in a row for a state that is 49th in every national statistic(thanks mississippi), we shall see?

congrats to louisville, great win, great season!!!!!!!!!

#1,195 ·
add to that the prolonged gap between the end of the season and the bowl game....one month is just too long

#1,197 ·
Saban has proven to be the best at taking advantage of the long gap in the past. I hope it continues. I am not an SEC fan, but do like to see them pound Big 10 teams every bowl season and really would hate to see ND win. What the SEC has done so far scares me.

#1,193 ·
Watching Texas A&M over Alabama, Clemson over LSU, and now Louisville over Florida the SEC has some wholes. They are great at smash mouth and against other teams that play smash mouth but they have real problems against speed based option and west coast style attacks. Seems like their corners are not great cover guys. Luckily I don't think Goldston from ND is good enough to give Bama as many issues, but he is young and if he has made a lot of strides in the last 6 weeks then Bama might be in a lot of trouble.

#1,199 ·
TAMU beating the gumps had everything to do with Johnny Football & the gumps not being as fast as people would like to think they are.

The LSU game was a joke. KeKe Mingo got sick & if he doesn't, LSU wins going away. He was like a spotted gazelle the other night. Of course there were about a dozen other injuries & 6 free 1st downs that were NOT warranted. Not to mention the lack of OBVIOUS calls against Clemson. Paging Stud The Dud, get your fat ass out the booth & coach The OL. That was disgraceful.

The game last night had everything to do with 1 team thrilled to be there & the other was in Gainesville. 1 couldn't have played better & the other any worse.

It's not about a certain style. It's about what happens, who WANTS to be there, & unforeseen circumstances (Penalties/injuries.).

#1,198 · (Edited)
I guess you guys might have a point on the lack luster performance of Florida;
http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...y_sugar_bowl_an_upset_for_louisville/12565543

No, the problem doesn't lie with the people who saw this one: it lies with the people who didn't. Because if a team's fans don't care enough to come to the games, how can't expect the players to care about winning them?
According to the Orlando Sentinal, Florida sold fewer than 7,000 tickets from their official allotment of 17,500.

#1,201 ·
I guess you guys might have a point on the lack luster performance of Florida;
http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f...y_sugar_bowl_an_upset_for_louisville/12565543
No might to it. It's a fact. Look what the gayturds did all year against subpar competition.

You lose 1 game all year against a rival, don't even make The SEC CHAMP GAME, & have to play a basketball school in your BCS Bowl? Frick that. I don't fault them for mailing it in. No different than Free Shoes U or Stanford. Where's the motivation???? Put Stanford up against Free Shoes U & now we have a game I WANT to see. Put the gayturds up against OU. I WANT to see that game. I WANT to see K St./Oregon. I WANT to see ND/gumps. The other crap games, screw that.

#1,200 ·
My thought last night was not necessarily that Florida wasn't excited to be there, but that Florida thought all they had to do to win was show up. I never felt like they had any real sense of urgency. Even at half time it was like they thought Louisville would never be able to hold up through 4 quarters. And let's face it - lots of times a lesser team can play with a better team for 1 or 2 quarters, but then they get wore down. I don't think Florida ever thought they could actually lose the game until the last half of the 4th.

And the LSU game - that's just Les being Les. All you can ever do is just shake your head at his descisions. He's a weird little bird.

#1,203 ·
Last night's crowd at the Sugar Bowl set an attendence record. It was the smallest crowd to attend a Sugar Bowl since 1939! Even the Gator Nation wasn't interetsed in the game let alone their team. Less than 7,000 in the stands were Gator fans.

From NOLA.com

"Afterward, Strong credited the partisan Louisville crowd for the victory. The school's leather-lunged contingent represented more than half of the 54,178 fans in the stands and dwarfed the half-hearted turnout by the Gators, effectively transforming the Superdome into a home stadium. More than one "Lou Orleans" signs could be seen in the crowd, which was the smallest at the Sugar Bowl since 1939.

"

#1,218 ·
be careful talking about dilution making something "less special". everyone around here is in favor of what will eventually be a 64 team tournament to crown a national football champion.
Maybe that's why you rank 49th only saved by MS from being @ the bottom :).

#1,217 ·
What? I've been asleep the infallible SEC actually lost a game? Who, what, how, when where? I can't believe it.......wait where did their best team come from?:p Well best team at least till Friday.......

#1,220 ·
Could be a long night for Kansas St.

#1,225 ·
so what happens now at Oregon if/when Chip Kelly leaves ? ...he will be a tough act to follow, he was a very good recruiter and that fast break offense isnt something many coaches fully embrace....wonder if Nike will still pour huge money into the program without him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.