RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#1,004 · (Edited)
No one is questioning the legality, it's just pathetic. There were other UGA players around in the same position, why didn't they get hit? B/c that player intentionally singled out Murray the Quarterback/

Again, legal? Sure, it's just a ****ty thing to do and judging by the complaints of the non-calls in the season to McCarron had that been him we'd have never heard the end of it.

Slow-Mo Helmet to Helmet;

#1,007 ·
Again respectfully, forgive me if I reject out of hand your characterization of the hit as pathetic. Particularly given your team affiliation and some of the things that I have seen them do. Mathieu's clothesline on Dre Kirkpatrick, anyone? No penalty there either.

#1,005 ·
and the Reason he was jogging is b/c the player was going down and Murray was still 12 yds or so from the play.

As you can see here the first part of the Bama players body that touches Murray is his HELMET and the first part of Murray body that it touched is his FACE!

#1,008 ·
What happens if the returner doesn't go down? Murray and #71 are clearly putting themselves in position to make a tackle if necessary. Would it have made you feel better if we had hit #71 too or instead? And if so, why? Once possession changes Murray is just another player. He undoubtedly knows this and should protect himself accordingly, like all other football players know to do. Judging by the rest of the game it certainly didn't seem to affect him much, if any.

Remember as well that the same officials who "saw" a tipped ball on one of the biggest no-calls of the game were all standing out there watching and not one of them saw fit to throw a flag.

#1,012 ·
Oh Dustin, LSU to The Cotton Bowl to play Texas. It's unfortunate The Capital One Bowl Committee has enthroned TAMU as well as political movements in TX to keep TAMU from destroying Texas in Jerry's World. It doesn't matter as both LSU & TAMU would dismantle Texas or NU.

#1,014 ·
Yea I thought it was going to be Okla. St but forgot the Head to Head was Texas. The Alamo Bowl still likes Texas too. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Monte Ball / all time NCAA TD leader, not even mentioned for Heisman.
Some freshman is though..................
Same here. I REALLY think he should have been a contender AGAIN. Shows you just how fluid the Heisman Voters can be.

When a Running Back breaks that kind of Record how can he NOT be mentioned? Politics ....

He'll win something though for sure, or better.

#1,013 ·
Such a simple fix for the head hunting hits. Make facemask illegal. Stop all the leading with the head. Technology has made the helment a protector and a weapon.

I did enjoy watching a good hard hitting football game. Congrats to both teams for providing a good game.

#1,015 ·
Just for the heck of it before the National Championship game since ND is 11-0 and ALABAMA IS 12-1 I think that to have equality in the numbers ND should have to play either Florida, Georgia, LSU or TAMU to even up the records. On TV this morning Lou Holtz says that ND will have a cakewalk with Alabama ....what a CROCK. This was TRULY one of the best games I have seen lately. Alabama and Georgia. If ND had the 5 abovementioned teams on their schedule they would be at best 7-5 and not even in the BCS picture. I think that football has been always a violent sport and having played back in the late 50's with a single bar on the facemask they are trying to take too much out to be PC .

#1,016 · (Edited)
Don't worry, reality will step in come Jan. 7th and Order will be restored.

Completely aside from the game last night, I still wouldn't doubt Bama over Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has never seen the size and speed like Bama has on 'D'. Notre Dame has also let some mediocre RB's put yds on them. Lacy/Yeldon far from mediocre. Plus Notre Dame's D-Line is not even as strong as UGA's from what I've seen.

If it were up to the Stats Notre Dame doesn't stand a chance. But it's not and this is where Nick Saban comes in. Who has more experience? Bama players will indeed be ready to play and play like there hair is on fire. Notre Dame? Might be so glazed over to be there it might take them by storm.

Going to be a long month once again waiting around. But where most are getting it wrong is assuming Bama trains the whole time. Nick said they don't do that. They'll start training in a few weeks only for a few weeks to prepare for the game. That's what they've done in the past and said he see's no reason to change it. Training for weeks up to the game leads to burn out.

#1,021 ·
as much as it pains me to admit, my Horns 8-4 record is probably the weakest in the country, they will get throttled in the Cotton, unless the team they are playing wants to be there even less...the Horns are 5-7,8-5, 8-4 the last three years, just one game better than interstate rival Texas Tech during that same stretch, that is not acceptable at the Forty Acres..

They dont deserve to play in the Cotton Bowl, but then they dont get to pick which bowl selects them...the Cotton is just picking the best matchup option left to them, and this year it isnt much....the last couple of years the Fair Park venue has not been kind...

It may be painful but I will cheer on my Horns wherever and whoever they play and wait and see what the Powers that be do to the program afterwards

#1,024 ·
seems like the last time a Brian Kelly coached team (Cincinnati) played in a bowl game against a SEC team his rear end was handed to him. If this is any indication of how he stacks up against Nick Saben welllllllllllllllll. I predict that the game will look like the Bama Georgia game. Bama will line up and run the ball right down ND's throat. You can't score if your offense is on the sidelines......:)

#1,040 ·
Yeah, The Capital One Bowl really screwed things up. LSU can get screwed in bowl bids like no SEC team can. LSU lost to Georgia in The SEC CHAMP GAME in 05 & went to The Peach Bowl. LSU beat TAMU & South Carolina, yet play in a lower bowl game than both. How does The Capital One Bowl not pick a SEC Best team????

#1,044 ·
then i say, thank God for the human element and political bias.:p

i hear, i cannot wait for a playoff system, i cannot wait for a playoff system, i cannot wait for a playoff system! you know what, i want a playoff system too. because then more of us are gonna be crying than are crying now. you think this system is unfair......just wait. there will be no end to the ,"why didn't we get in?", "why is a conference champion in that pitiful conference getting in?" blah blah blah and i am going to say, "i told you guys this playoff was going to suck!"

#1,046 · (Edited)
Hey Duck fans, anybody want a jersey or food bet on the Fiesta Bowl?

How bout you Bubba or Paul?

Anybody else notice all the Duck fans disappeared after they legalized the hippie lettuce? :mrgreen:

Come on down out of the clouds men.

Don
KSU Fan

#1,047 ·
Don't really pay much attention to the semi-pro leagues. I'd root for the Ducks but can't figure out which color to wear this week. Most of the team can't afford to graduate to the NFL- pay cut is too big.

It was Washington that legalized dope- in Oregon it is way too close to Kalifornia - usually can't remember to vote.

Pretty sure that /paul roots for the Beavers regards

Bubba

#1,050 · (Edited)
Bielema is a darn good coach, he has done a great job of competing with and beating The Ohio St and Michigan powerhouses...no doubt Arkansas gave him a substabtial raise over whatever UW was paying him....beside maybe he is a duck hunter and Jerah might have given him access to his club...I think its a good hire

Malzahn to Auburn....that seems like a no brainer

#1,052 ·
Arkansas State to Auburn seems like a big jump.

#1,057 ·
I know what GM's resume is. But still being head coach is very different from OC. Wasn't the recently fired head coach also there for the Cam Newton championship team?

#1,064 ·
a couple of sources are reporting that Mike Gundy from Ok State has been offered the Tennessee job

#1,074 ·
You may be right. That plan worked pretty good against LSU last year in the BCS game.

I understand the theory of throwing on first down. The problem is that an incompletion leaves you at 2d and 10, and a sack leaves you in worse shape. We are also bad to throw a WR screen that makes 2 yards. I never thought I would say this, but we are really missing Brad Smelley and the matchup problems he was able to create.

I still say we need to commit to the run until they absolutely prove that we can't, with of course some play-action passing mixed in to take some shots down the field. We will see if Saban & Co. agree with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.