RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#59 ·
Not to play too much of the opposing side here, but I actually had two friends from Houston who were very torn between TAMU and UT. One went to UT, the other to TAMU. Not athletes, but the point still stands.

#67 ·
Well you havent been to San Antonio lately have you ? Please send reinforcements because the Alamo is surrounded again...

We refer to them as ULALA around here, though officially ULL. Off to a 2 and 0 start with winning the SunBelt on their brain. Just hope they can hang onto thier coach as he got a raise from $250,000 last season to $800,000 this season. 40,000plus Ragin Cajun fans made the trip to their bowl game last December!
This weekend, they have Okie St in their sights! Take the Cajuns and the 22.5 points, game is as close to a lock as they get.
Now why did you have to go and jinx my sleeper pick like that ?

#91 ·
I kept up with it play by play on my phone with ESPN. No need to watch the game, We're are talking about a team coming into LSU with losses to Eastern washington and bowling green a Idaho team that won 2 whole games last year. LSU was suppose to beat them by picking their score. I guess you got a good gauge from that... I'm kinda suprised LSU let them score 14. Never good for ole Mett. to throw a near pick six from the red zone. He better not let that happen against a good team when it matters. I'll agree LSU is a good team. But you need to take off your purple and gold glasses thinking from watching that game it tells you convincingly that they are easily the best team in the states. Once again, they are a good team.
Guess you didn't know their starting QB didn't play in the 1st game, Mett has never threw a pick 6, and in fact has only made 4 not quality to perfect throws the last 2 weeks. It's called breaking the game down into segments.

Now I'm guessing you think your beloved gumps are better. My question is how? HC is a given & I'll say OL because LSU lost Chris Faulk for the year. Other than that, yeah. It's a push @ best @ LB & the rest belong to LSU. Those are the simple facts. LSU will thump the gumps. Of that I have no doubt.

#109 ·
Easy there, cowboy. Weren't you singing a similar tune last January? At least right up until kickoff?

Now I'm guessing you think your beloved gumps are better. My question is how? HC is a given & I'll say OL because LSU lost Chris Faulk for the year. Other than that, yeah. It's a push @ best @ LB & the rest belong to LSU. Those are the simple facts. LSU will thump the gumps. Of that I have no doubt.

#93 ·
I'm not worried about how good LSU is or how Bama compares to them. That will come early November, there are plenty of good games to worry about before that one. I do know that your so called ''facts'' are biased to YOUR opinion. You're the typical arrogant LSU fan that think the world couldn't beat LSU in football. Your opinion is based on LSU mopping the floor against three no bodies. Before you go on your little rant, I'm not saying Bama has played anyone either, they have also played no one. Most teams ranked high have not.

#94 ·
That Nov 3rd game will be the National Championship game unless they have to play one another again in the BSC Championship game! I think the BCS will do their best to avoid another LSU vs Bama Championship game but, it may be too obvious that they are the two best and will have to schedule that rematch. The biggest difference between last year's LSU team and this year's team is we now have a QB.

#95 ·
2012 Alabama Crimson Tide Schedule
DATE
OPPONENTRESULT/TIMERECORD/TICKETS
Sat, Sept 1

1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 8

2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 15

3-0 (1-0)

2012 LSU Tigers Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIMERECORD/TICKETS
Sat, Sept 1

1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 8

2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 15

3-0 (0-0)

From an outsider looking in, all I can hope is that UGA is second in the East so we don't have to play Bama in the SEC Championship. To me, Bama has been by far the most impressive team in college football this year, and barring a fluke, I don't see them loosing this year.

#102 ·
Well going back to my comment about Z not hitting recievers in stride, I was indeed impressed to see this weekend that his throwing was much more accruate...as expected as the year goes on.

This highlight video shows some pretty good throws to include the over the shoulder BOMB towards the end.

#103 · (Edited)
I want to see Z make those throws when there is pressure. Which, I think he can do but, still untested. Afterall, that is Idaho highlights we are looking at. I want to see them do the same to Auburn and Florida over the next three weekends.

#108 ·
I don't think you guys are going to get much pressure from *uburn. I expect that you will grind them into a fine powder with your power running game. Florida maybe.

I am just hoping that the Tide and Tigahs are both unbeaten when we tangle in November. The Tide has a bad game coming, and I hope it is not the first Saturday in November or we will have no chance to survive it. LSU is just too good.

#115 · (Edited)
Two games I will be watching this weekend...

Air Force Falcons. Grandson Dano Graves #7 is a freshman somewhere in the QB depth chart. Probably on the side lines all game.

Univ of Hawaii Warriors vs. Reno. Grandson David Graves (Dano's older brother) is #14; he is #2 QB and also plays wide receiver. No telling how much game time he will get against the Wolf Pack.

Helen

PS - A correction. The Air Force game will not be televised. Bummer. We will be watching the Hawaii-Reno game. 7:30 pm PT.

#121 · (Edited)
John, how dare you talk about the beloved Zach Mett. Haven't you learned that he's better than Peyton manning, matthew stafford etc. He pretty much should be in the HOF for destroying 100% of the competition he has faced. It doesn't matter if he's proven him self against a decent team or not! He is the real deal! He doesn't have to be 23-34-0,Ints and pick apart the SECOND best defence of the '11-'12 season in the nat'l championship game to be considered ''good''.

Some people have to work to achieve greatness, ole ZM was born that way!!

#125 · (Edited)
So since he's not proven his ability against stiffer competition that means what? He's not going to be good, going to be great or shall we wait and see. Before you answer I realize that my statement sounds just as dumb as your previous statement regarding Zach Mettenberger, Payton, Stafford, etc. because surely we will have to wait and see. So people are excited about the possibility of having a legitimate passer and leader. What's wrong with that?

#127 ·
So since he's not proven his ability against stiffer competition that means what? He's not going to be good, going to be great or shall we wait and see. Before you answer I realize that my statement sounds just as dumb as your previous statement regarding Zach Mettenberger, Payton, Stafford, etc. because surely we will have to wait and see. So people are excited about the possibility of having a legitimate passer and leader. What's wrong with that?
I think most of the excitment stems from the fact that J Jefferson is no longer our QB! That we finally have someone with the potential to complete forward passes and we don't have to rely on our D in shutting everyone down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.