RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#361 ·
I don't see LSU's O-Line being very dominant against Bama. Successful some, but not Dominate.

The only way I see LSU winning is with more than one TRICK play that leads to points on the board. Not likely.

I also am anxious to see McCarron. Our secondary isn't the BEST, but I doubt you'll see Bama receivers with their feet planted in the endzone just waiting for McCarron to set his feet and throw the ball at them like he's been doing all year, especially last Saturday. That was horribly pathetic secondary coverage by TN.

I don't expect Messyberg to be spectacular, but I've noticed that Bama's secondary does get sucked in pretty hard at times to the play action. Not sure if that will be a problem but just noticed it the last couple games and against TN.

Should be a good game, but the 'HAT' will have to come out for this one and pull something big off at least once.

#363 ·
Jacob, why the year 2,000 cut off? Does the record change more in Alabama's favor if you go back another fifty years, twenty years? As a Pac Ten, Big Sky Conference guy I really don't know much about LSU's or Alabama's records, just thought it was curious how you put the "since 2000" in there.

#382 · (Edited)
Ok Dustin, you made an honest attempt to answer my question and we jumped on you, sorry. That said I don't believe ESPN or most fans ignore all college football history before 1998. For many people including myself, the BCS is an abomination that makes the National Champion even more arbitrary than it was before, but other than the BCS way of determining who gets to play for the National Title, what else has changed in the way college football is played? As a huge USC fan, I guarantee you, every USC, Notre Dame or UCLA fan I know keeps track of every National Title they own and their records against each other going all the way back to the beginning. I'm not an Alabama fan but I would bet their fans feel the same about their gloried past, for an LSU fan, (not you) to arbitraily set a cut off date that makes their own record appear better seems dishonest.

John

#383 ·

Roger That.

My side-point is when determining a game outcome, looking past 10 years usually doesn't help.

I mean how would that conversation go?

Fan - "What do you guys think about Notre Dame's chances against USC this weekend?"

Other Fan, "I don't know, but remember in 47' when Notre Dame was undefeated going into Los Angeles?, Could have the same outcome right?"

See? LOL!

There has to be a cut off somewhere and most times it comes when something changes the game like the BCS Era did.

Plus you have to give us some newbie slack, it's not like LSU has a LONG Football History worthy of talking about :D
Our Post Season history just got into Positive Territory :)

#390 ·
So when we refer to a dog that was a National Amateur or National Open winner do we have to include if it was in the pre Entry Express Era

#393 ·
when in Texas I prefer Fletcher corny dogs, they used to be the official Corn Dog of the Texas State Fair, and the Byron Nelson Golf tournament

#396 · (Edited)
What games are y'all looking forward to this weekend and who ya got? Fla/Ga, OK/ND, UA/MS are a few i'm ready to check out. I've got FL over GA. I just cant buy into Ga winning a game that matters, I think Arron Murray is still yet to beat a top 20 team since he's been a starter. He will definately have to bring his "A" game, if so they stand a chance. I expect him and Richt to choke another loss down. I think Ok will hammer ND. ND has to much of a mess at QB and i think for them to beat OK they would have to score 28pts and have a overall solid D to slow down OK, I just dont think ND will be able to. I think OK beats em by 2tds. Alabama will have a tough test with MS but will pull away in the 3rd&4th with the depth they have. I think bama wins by about 17.

I've also been known to go winless while picking games a whole lot in my life. So i don't hold to much faith in my picks. Lol but i feel pretty good about the Bama pick.

#398 ·
Bold Predictions; :cool:

-
If UGA has '0' turnovers, they will win.

- Miss St. will bring the wood, just not out of halftime. 17-14 Bama @ Halftime, 38-14 Final - Bama
and McCarron throws his first INT this year.

- Notre Dame will keep OU under 27 points, Notre Dame might score 17.
unless Chokelahouma shows up.

- Texas Tech has already killed their once a year Giant. K-State is playing at their best right now and Texas Tech doesn't have the 'D' to stop them. 38-24?

- A&M should NOT sleep on Auburn. I'd HATE to play an SEC Team that hasn't won at home yet. Lot's of pinned up aggression there. Will they take it out on the new kids? Doubtful, but possible. 27-23 A&M

-LSU will get plenty of chances to score. Their 'D' will give them the ball back time and time again but will eventually wear out. The Offense will be stuttered not just by the Bama 'D' but by the horrible play calling as well. They'll miss FG's but give Bama a good fight. If the the 'Hat' pulls something out of his bag and it = 7 points, LSU takes home the 'V' by 3. Oh wait, this is not til next weekend.

like I said, BOLD Predictions :D

#401 ·
TDB, Re: ND, the mess isn't at quarterback, it's at the coach. Golson is legit! Watched him play every game for four years in HS. # 6 all time in the nation in TD passes, and missed 8 games as a senior due to injury, returned for playoffs and won a second state title against a team led by SC standout Jedeveon Clowney. Looks like he's playing scared.... Not of the defense, but of his sideline. I'll make no predictions, but I have to pull for the kid.
Mike

#403 ·
High school to college is a big jump, even for kids that seem more prepared. He better get it together before saturday. What ever it is that has him scared. Right now he's throwing about 58% with 4tds,3 INT's, and put the ball on the ground 4 times. That is not considered productivity at the QB position. ND needs to pick a QB and go with that man all game long, barring injury. Neither guy will ever be confident if they let one play for 3 quarters then put in a "closer." It'll catch up with them.

#409 ·
I'm well aware of the differences between HS and college sports. The kid is legit, whether he proves it at ND has yet to be seen. He is only a freshman (redshirt). Not sure ND is the right place for him though. Brian Kelly= 7 starting QB's in 8 years. Makes you think??????
Mike

#404 ·
whatever happened to the blue chipper QB that originally committed to LSU and then changed his mind, is he the kid starting at QB for Notre Dame

#407 ·
I am far believing in days of old with lou at the helm
I'm still thinkin of the days of Ara. :oops:

#416 ·
Does the Pope's team need special weather to win?Norman OK forecast for Saturday mid 30s to mid 50s, partly cloudy with light variable winds

#419 ·
I guess it's safe to say the "Honey Badger" will not be getting his 2nd,3rd? chance on the team next year. Ole Mathieu, Curb Stomp JJ, Derrick Bryant and Karnell Hatcher were arrested today with none other that, Possesion of MaryJane. Tisk Tisk. You would think these kids all over the nation would understand that society will give you a second chance if you straighten up.

#420 ·
I guess it's safe to say the "Honey Badger" will not be getting his 2nd,3rd? chance on the team next year. Ole Mathieu, Curb Stomp JJ, Derrick Bryant and Karnell Hatcher were arrested today with none other that, Possesion of MaryJane. Tisk Tisk. You would think these kids all over the nation would understand that society will give you a second chance if you straighten up.
I don't understand why kids today just can't stick to whiskey and cigeretttes like Football players their age use to do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.