RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#1,228 ·
It has been widely reported that Kelly has scheduled interviews with the Browns, Eagles, and Bills and that he had significant discussions last year with Tampa Bay so these reports are not a figment of someone's imagination.

#1,229 ·
I'm a nervous nellie while waiting on the Cotton Bowl to get started tonight.

#1,233 ·
"I'm committed to the job we have to do here at Michigan State. I've said that before," Saban said at a hastily called news conference Thursday.
LINK

Not leaving LSU, Saban Says;
'Things are a little different in the league now than when I was there,'' Saban said. ''After thinking about whether or not that's something I'm interested in doing right now, I'm very happy to be the coach here.''
LINK

So on Thursday Dec. 21st 2006, Saban -- who has tried to denounce the story about him potentially going to Alabama numerous times in recent weeks -- again, and adamantly, denied that he's headed back to the college ranks.

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."
When the stories linking Alabama and Saban began circulating last month, almost immediately after Shula got fired following a 6-6 season, the former coach at Louisiana State said he was flattered but not interested.
He's bristled at nearly every suggestion about him leaving the Dolphins since.

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is
LINK

Oh the memories....lol

#1,241 ·
That kid in San Fran ain't afraid to run................

Also, no discussion on Shaw, the HC at Stanford.
Someone should give this guy a look.
His team was incredibly well coached.
Well prepared and well disciplined.
He is going to be a great coach wherever he ends up!

He would be a great fit for Dallas.
He seems to coach to his players, not a system.

#1,242 ·
the mobile QB and the Pistol offense is gonna stick but as Franco points out,you cant expose your QB to numerous hits because in the NFL they all hit like that Mingo character from LSU (thank goodness he is going pro)..that kid from SoCarolina put a You Tube hit on the Michigan guy,but not sure there was a better bunch of hitters and tacklers than at LSU this year

#1,244 ·
I work with Logan's 1st Cousin.

Wing, Minter, Reid, Mingo, Simon, Montgomery, Logan, Ware, Ford, Faulk, Copeland are all declaring.

The only question is if Loston will stay. Early this year he said he would be staying for his Sr. year but with all these guys leaving it might be hard to stay.

#1,246 ·
Actually 5
On Friday, cornerback Tharold Simon, tailback Spencer Ware and punter Brad Wing said they would skip their senior year for the NFL, according to LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette.

They join junior middle linebacker Kevin Minter and junior free safety Eric Reid, who each announced on Thursday.

& Mingo and Sam would be dumb not to. They are both projected to go in the TOP HALF of the 1st ROUND!

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20130104/SPORTS/130104029/A-record-5-LSU-juniors-head-NFL-draft

#1,251 ·
They can't catch him to hit him.

#1,291 ·
Now Bill leave those purple and gold wearing fellas alone. I would tell you why but I think you know. Well there is one of them that is realistic but it ain't D or Jacob.:p
Barkivious Mingo just annouced that he is coming out, that makes 6 or 7 players mostly D players. Miles better find a solid OC or he may have a full-blown mutiney on his hands.

#1,292 ·
Barkivious Mingo just annouced that he is coming out, that makes 6 or 7 players mostly D players. Miles better find a solid OC or he may have a full-blown mutiney on his hands.
the only thing worse than havin' a great player leave your team early for the nfl draft, is never havin' had a great player on your team in the first place! - mark twain (i think mark twain said that?)

#1,254 ·
Cant decide if this isnt the most exciting first half of the bowl season...OR if both these defenses are not very good

#1,257 ·
Come on, Bon, you know the SEC is all about defense. But wait. A&M is really Big 12. Coach tutored under Stoops and all the players except for JF came from the Big 12 hence no defense.

#1,260 ·
Wait what? You didn't here the announcer call the Stoops the greatest Defensive Coordinators? and say not even they have an answer? lol Since when has OU had a defense? It surely hasn't been this year.

Oh and where should I meet you in the morning for this hunt? :p

and to think we haven't even got to the 4th Qtr yet.

Team Stat Comparison

TA&MOKLA
1st Downs2222
3rd down efficiency5-97-11
4th down efficiency1-10-0
Total Yards519
Passing263
Comp-Att21-3129-39
Yards per pass8.55.7
Rushing256
Rushing Attempts2126
Yards per rush12.2
Penalties7-602-5
Turnovers11
Fumbles lost00
Interceptions thrown11
Possession16:15
27:01

#1,259 ·
Wow went for it on 4th and make a TD. Boy that kids good. A&M is taking OU to school!

#1,263 ·
OU hung 63 on my Horns...Aggies might hang 50 on OU...somewhere in the dark confines of Austin, both DeLoss and Mack are saying silent prayers that A&M left the conference when they did

Now they're just showing off

#1,266 · (Edited)
Nah, Mack is saying "how/why in the he!! did we not sign this Manziel kid"!!!

BTW: you guys are awesome. I don't know what's more entertaining, the game or yalls posts-LOL!!!

#1,265 ·
I'll be very excited if they allow NO Garbage Time Score and finish the game with OU scoreless in the 2nd half and ONLY scoring 1 Touchdown the entire game.

I've been hearing it ALL WEEK LONG by the most obnoxious OU fan you guys can fathom. In fact he is so obnoxious it almost makes me HATE football b/c he nags so much.

Next week is going to be AWESOME b/c he won't show up to the office until around Wednesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.