RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#1,075 ·
basic football : the run sets up the pass, play action means absolutely nothing if you haven't established some sort of running game...National Championships are built around great defensive teams,that could also eat up the clock and punish you with a sound running game...also helps to have a QB that doesn't turn the ball over

#1,078 · (Edited)
I think I am starting to understand why LSU underachieved for so much of its history.:cool:

This is definitely not how either Alabama or ND are typically set up.

For historical reference, we weren't supposed to be able to score against LSU in January (in Louisiana!) and we did. Texas had some kind of otherworldly run defense in 2009, and we had 2 100-yard rushers. Miami was supposed to shut us down in 1992, and we ran pretty good on them. All the way back to Penn State in 1979 (1978 season) with Matt Millen and Bruce Clark on the DL and allowing less than 60 yards rushing per game, and that came out OK too.

It may turn out differently in January. ND is obviously doing something right. We will
see. ND has a great coaching staff and they will be ready to play, but I would not bet against our staff with this much prep time.

Should be a heck of a game.

#1,079 ·
Your historical precedent argument only works when the game is static. Comparing today's fast break no huddle offenses to anything more than a few years back is meaningless. 1978?... really, why not keep going past the I, past the wishbone, past the T formation to the single wing which much more resembles what we see today than any other predecessors.

#1,081 ·
Your historical precedent argument only works when the game is static. Comparing today's fast break no huddle offenses to anything more than a few years back is meaningless. 1978?... really, why not keep going past the I, past the wishbone, past the T formation to the single wing which much more resembles what we see today than any other predecessors.
Even in the pro's :).

#1,083 ·
#1,088 ·
Dustin, per LSU's records you might not want to do a whole lot of talking about 1992-2009 either, and particularly before 2003.

A quick look at records and finishes will show you that LSU finished the season unranked in the AP and Coach's polls 7 times from 1992 - 2003. Maybe we should both just agree not to talk about that period.

#1,092 ·
Happy Hour "SEC Style"

Bubba​
is driving down a back road in Alabama ..​
A sign in front of a restaurant reads:​
HAPPY HOUR SPECIAL​
Lobster Tail and Beer​
"Lordy mercy!" Bubba says to himself, "Them's my 3 favorites!"​

#1,094 ·
rookie,
gary danielson definitely reads rtf's college football thread for color commentary insight. i think i would rather have verne drink a glass of scotch and agree with my prediction than have gary confirm my views.;-)

who will do the play by play of this bcs championship game anyway?

#1,095 ·
We certainly agree on Danielson who was at best a mediocre QB which is much much higher than his rating as a commentator/broadcaster, he is simply awful!

#1,099 ·
Now maybe I can find a Johnny Football jersey in Ft. Worth.

#1,100 ·
I just noticed that Tommy Tuberville quit Texas Tech to take the head coach position at Cincinnati. That was a surprise!

#1,102 ·
Because there are people who really like West Texas surprising as it may seem and Lubbock is a great college town. Tommy T was never a popular choice so I expect he realized that his days in Lubbock were numbered.

#1,104 ·
Leach is a very bright guy and he was very popular with students and alumni but he was getting a little too big for his britches and ran afoul of the Tech AD. The fuss about Craig James' son was just enough to complete what was destined to be a failed relationship. Leach was destined to leave one way or the other, a top 20 program was definitely in the cards, an offer that Tech could not match. He will be successful at WSU for a few years and he will then move on to a higher paying more prestigious coaching job.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/the_bonus/07/11/leach.book.excerpt/index.html?mobile=n

#1,111 ·
Bobby Petrino to WKU...does he get to bring his own assistant or recruit from that campus...have no idea where in the state its located...except that its in the western part of the state

#1,113 ·
Bowling Green, KY - Only experience, Jim McDaniel to Sonics, 7'0 with a 1" vertical leap :(.

#1,114 ·
Bowling Green, KY - Only experience, Jim McDaniel to Sonics, 7'0 with a 1" vertical leap :(.
Duh I should have remembered Bowling Green, Ky.....my brother had an office there

#1,116 ·
The state of Georgia has two big games tomorrow, Georgia Southern is in the DI-AA semi finals against North Dakota State and my alma mater the Valdosta State University Blazers are playing Winston Salem State in the DII national championship in Florencia Alabama tomorrow. I think Blazer Shots are in order tomorrow afternoon! I'm glad I'm old enough that my college buddies won't be banging on my door at 8:00 am with a pitcher full of them!!!

#1,117 ·
I heard Applewhite is interviewing for KK's job (OC who left for TT head coach). Say it isn't so Joe (Kevin).

#1,118 ·
That has to be a bogus rumor...OC Bryan Harsin left and took the HC job at Arkansas State (we are very happy for him and his family, Mrs Harsin said her son was not happy in Austin)

Major will take over the play calling duties in the bowl game, he might end up with the OC job and eventually more, so common sense would say that him interviewing for the OC job at TAMU are probably a hoax

#1,123 ·
I'm shocked - SHOCKED, I tell you - that suddenly the fiscal cliff and school shooting have reduced this matter to irrelevance.

I'm further shocked that, instead of just saying that the person in charge saw it differently than you after 10 days of frame-by-frame review, folks would choose to fall back on the old "the SEC protects Alabama" argument. Where was this protection when Bama was sucking hind teat, as Dustin recently pointed out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.