RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#297 ·
In this mornings paper, Mack Brown won't retire. So, I guess UT will have to fire him. UT let Will Muschamp (sp?) get away but there will be lots of good coaches interested in a UT head coach job.

#299 ·
UT wont fire Mack they will reassign him within the athletic dept the same way they did with John Mackovic (his job was to find the Univ a golf property)or the deep pocketed alums like Red McCombs will write a check and buy out his contract..You can bet that many coaches will apply for the job when it becomes available because they know that UT paid MB 5million per year....but as long as DeLoss Dodds is the AD they will always make the safe hire of the coach that says all the right things and is non controversial...image is everything on the Forty Acres

#307 ·
Dr. Ed, are you ready to accept LSU winning this weekend in College Station? 11:00 kickoff is for the birds though.
If the Aggies lose it certainly will not ruin my day, they have a nice competitive team and are far from the worst team in the SEC West. In 2 or 3 years they might be quite pesky, their 3 polint loss to the Gators is looking better and better. When I was in school we played an annual game with LSU and got beat up almost every year, can you spell the Chinese Bandits? Losing to Les's team would not be humiliating whereas UT's loss to the Sooners was!

#302 ·
Jacob we will see, Aggies are at home. If it was in Death Valley your prediction would carry more weight. Kyle Field can be very inhospitable to any foes. To bad the SEC made us move the corp to the corner. Guess they had to level the playing field.

#303 ·
http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/4167492-123/rabalais-lsu-and-am-will

Scott Rabalais looking to poke the old coals of a rivalry from my youth. I loved the idea of TAMU joining The SEC.

Johnny Manziel brings an interesting skill set. If LSU's DL dominates the LOS like most anticipate, "Johnny Football" will have to do something that Keith Price couldn't do. The early kickoff is the only thing holding this game back. A clash of styles. Plenty of room for drama. It'll be a fun game to watch IMO. Unfortunately I won't catch a lick of it.

#304 ·
Scott Rabalais

Man I'd love to take a poll here on who could pronounce that last name. LOL
One of the oldest names in Louisiana History along with my last name.

I work on Fort Polk so we have lots of retired foreigners. I like to post up random Louisiana names and words just to hear them try and pronounce them. I tell them all the time, don't feel bad, even us born and raised here have trouble pronouncing some of these names ROFL!

#326 ·
http://espn.go.com/colleges/lsu/foo...ers-their-experience-dual-threat-quarterbacks

Article of LSU's DL talking about stopping "Johnny Football".

Tweets from Rece Davis yesterday.

"@ESPN_ReceDavis: @Mark_Schlabach I'll give away our ages. Reminds me of manning. Archie. I only saw film of Archie at om but it was like that. Tarkington too"

"@ESPN_ReceDavis: @Mark_Schlabach If LSU isn't sleepy, I don't think Johnny football will find the running room he's used to seeing. But man is he creative."

#328 ·
It was a good game....A&M came to play, but you cant turn the ball over against a physical team like LSU and expect to win...looks like your early assessment of Mettenberger was just that, a bit early....good thing for Texas that they dont play the Aggies anytime soon because they have no one near fast enough or who can tackle well enough to tackle Manziel

and Florida looks like the real deal..Muschamp has them playing tough physical football, and Brent Pease has brought the Boise St playbook with him to the SEC

#331 ·
Roll Tide!
Alabama took care of Tennessee as i expected that they would. A lot of the talking heads were saying Bama secondary would have a hard time with Bray and the TN recievers. I think the Bama secondary answered alot of question that people had about this defense.

Ready for MissSt!!

#337 ·
Roll Tide!
Alabama took care of Tennessee as i expected that they would. A lot of the talking heads were saying Bama secondary would have a hard time with Bray and the TN recievers. I think the Bama secondary answered alot of question that people had about this defense.
Ready for MissSt!!
if the Vols had any kind of secondary that would have been a very close game. Bama got some cheap points off of several blown coverages.

#333 ·
probably , but only if that one loss team is the SEC Champ...if Alabama were to win out but lose in the SEC title game I could see them still going...but the USC Trojans still have Notre Dame and Oregon on their schedule so they could win out and be a one loss team in the mix, as could Oklahoma if they win out and win the Big 12..the teams that lost early may be better off than those that lose late...lots of scenarios left

#334 ·
The Aggies left seven points on the field (missed pat and two missed field goals). Those points made the difference between winning and loosing. And one of the field goals was practically a chip shot. But LSU won fair and square and it was the outcome I was expecting. Two loses to the top 3 and 6 team by only a small margin shows they can compete in the SEC.
I don't look forward to the AL game but who knows they could have a bad day. It will have to be a really bad day though.

I think they will win this week against the other AL team.

#346 ·
The Aggies left seven points on the field (missed pat and two missed field goals). Those points made the difference between winning and loosing.
...and so did LSU's FaceMask at the end to extend the Aggies chances which led to 7 points with only 70 seconds left on the clock. :mad:

That penalty made the game like 15 minutes longer than it should have been.

LSU gave the Aggies 102 yards, most of them on 3rd down.

We have some horrible issues on penalties. 13 for 102 yds this weekend.

I have no clue what to expect Nov. 3rd.

#347 ·
Drew Alleman missed a FG too. The simple fact is LSU shutdown Johnny Football after the 2nd possession of the game. Who gets up for an 11:00 KO???? The terribly coached LSU team had a crap load of penalties against them. What about all the drops by LSU WRs? Do I count that in the if & buts were candy & nuts everyday would be Christmas collection?

#339 ·
Sure Florida and Bama. One has to lose the championship and the winner could also lose one along the way.
Miss state may be able to hold on and finish with one loss but I doubt it. That leaves only Fl and Bama with one loss.
I know your saying LSPhew but Bama is going to give them loss number 2. They are also 128th in passing, 28th in rushing, 52 in points for, and 10th in points against. That ain't going to finish them with one loss.

#342 ·
I assume you are an LSU fan due to location and name. If so, you should be happy that your team will have its shot in a couple of weeks. Assuming of course that Bama gets by a vastly improved MSU team this week.

#341 ·
There are a lot of teams out there who haven't played much of a schedule. Not just Bama. ND has played no one, Lsu has played a few teams and got handled by FL and beat a SC team that Florida murdered in the swamp. Oregon-nobody, Kstate- OK and depends on your thought of WVU. As of now FL has the most impresive resume hands down. But with the eye test Bama is the most complete team in the nation and also the most balanced on offense and the most balanced on defense.These next 3-4 weeks will tell a whole lot for a lot of teams, several teams like Bama,oregon,ND are back loaded schedules. I expect my Tide to keep on Rollin though. :)

#350 ·
Floating around the net;

This is a list of starters that or currently not playing. Tell me what coach in the country could be 7-1 in the SEC with 45% of the starting lineup out?

1. Starting RB (Blue)
2. Starting LT (Faulk)
3. Starting RT (Hurst)
4. Starting RG (Williford)
5. Starting RG (Turner)
6. Starting C (Lonergan)
7. Starting CB/PR (Mathieu)
8. Starting OLB (T. Jones)
9. Starting OLB (Muncie)
10. Starting OLB (K. Alexander)
for what it's worth...

I still can't wrap my mind around Miles/.

#354 ·
LSU has a bye this weekend and Bama has to play a tough Miss St team.

Against BAMA, LSU is going to have to rely on thier D to get the win. That's because Bama will place 8 in the box to stop the Tigers run game and make Mettenberg throw the ball. If Mett has a good game the Tigers will win. That and the fact that it is almost impossible for teams to beat LSU at night, at home. If Mett is as inconsistent as he has been for most of the season, Bama wins.

And, a two loss SEC team is better than Oregon, ND or Kansas.

#358 ·
And, a two loss SEC team is better than Oregon, ND or Kansas.
That would be Kansas State, KU is abysmal, time will tell about Kansas State but no coach in the country gets more from his team than Bill Snyder does, they pretty much drubbed OU in Norman and that has happened very rarely

#359 ·
Amen Dr. Ed. Don't forget they also went to Morgantown and handed WVA their backside to them on a plate. I am really rooting for them this year with their center coming from the HS team my boy is playing for this year. Their defense just keeps getting better every game. If they keep on winning I am figuring they will be in the big game. Once again Bill Synder has turned the program around to one of the class acts in the country. By the way that center wanted to go to Oklahoma State and they snubbed him. Isaac and he still wrestle with each other when he comes for workouts with the team. Great kid and only a red shirt sophmore.

LT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.