The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by leemac View Post
    I just hope that my Dawgs performance was enough to hold us ahead of Florida and in the Sugar Bowl. If it isn't, can we please play Oregon, K-State or some other all offensive team? PLEASE?!?!
    Not gunna happen. Florida was locked into the Sugar Bowl the moment Georgia beat Auburn and Florida beat Florida St.
    No way UGA doesn't at least drop 1 which is all it takes to make Florida the Highest Ranking SEC Team NOT going to the SHIP. Thus auto slotting them for the Sugar.

Georgia most likely will play Clemson in Chick-fil-a Bowl oddly enough BACK AGAIN in the Georgia Dome.

Nebraska just got Eviscerated!!!

Wisconsin put 539 RUSHING Yds down their MOUTH!

2 Backs with +200 and another with +100

Gunna be Stanford vs Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl!
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Respectfully, you should go back and watch the replay carefully.

The tackle was made no more than 10 yards from Murray, who had certainly not taken himself out of the play as a potential tackler; he appeared to me to be at least heading in the general direction of the play, however half-heartedly. Remember that once possession changes there is no QB anymore, as he is a defender.

The whole "helmet to helmet" thing is ridiculous, as Dial put his shoulder right in Murray's chest. If you don't want to get hit, lay down or run away from the play.

For the record, the call on the hit on AJ McCarron earlier in the game was ridiculous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    He certainly was not acting like he was going to make a tackle on an interception that took place 30 yards downfield, he's surrounded by huge people, throws the ball downfield, gets knocked down, gets up and looks around to see what happened and BOOM he gets blindsided in the head. Guess they're going to have to kill someone before they stop players from trying to deliver traumatic brain injury. Tough is one thing, that's dirty and wrong no matter who you root for.

No one is questioning the legality, it's just pathetic. There were other UGA players around in the same position, why didn't they get hit? B/c that player intentionally singled out Murray the Quarterback/

Again, legal? Sure, it's just a shitty thing to do and judging by the complaints of the non-calls in the season to McCarron had that been him we'd have never heard the end of it.

Slow-Mo Helmet to Helmet;

http://www.youtube.com/v/YSDJad0Y7RY
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.

and the Reason he was jogging is b/c the player was going down and Murray was still 12 yds or so from the play.

As you can see here the first part of the Bama players body that touches Murray is his HELMET and the first part of Murray body that it touched is his FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Wisconsin just Eviscerated Nebraska!!!

Wisconsin put 539 RUSHING Yds down their MOUTH!

2 Backs with +200 and another with +100

Gunna be Stanford vs Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl!
    Monte Ball / all time NCAA TD leader, not even mentioned for Heisman.
    Some freshman is though..................
    Stan b & Elvis

Again respectfully, forgive me if I reject out of hand your characterization of the hit as pathetic. Particularly given your team affiliation and some of the things that I have seen them do. Mathieu's clothesline on Dre Kirkpatrick, anyone? No penalty there either.

No one is questioning the legality, it's just pathetic. There were other UGA players around in the same position, why didn't they get hit? B/c that player intentionally singled out Murray the Quarterback/

Again, legal? Sure, it's just a shitty thing to do and judging by the complaints of the non-calls in the season to McCarron had that been him we'd have never heard the end of it.

Slow-Mo Helmet to Helmet;

http://www.youtube.com/v/YSDJad0Y7RY

What happens if the returner doesn't go down? Murray and #71 are clearly putting themselves in position to make a tackle if necessary. Would it have made you feel better if we had hit #71 too or instead? And if so, why? Once possession changes Murray is just another player. He undoubtedly knows this and should protect himself accordingly, like all other football players know to do. Judging by the rest of the game it certainly didn't seem to affect him much, if any.

Remember as well that the same officials who "saw" a tipped ball on one of the biggest no-calls of the game were all standing out there watching and not one of them saw fit to throw a flag.

and the Reason he was jogging is b/c the player was going down and Murray was still 12 yds or so from the play.

As you can see here the first part of the Bama players body that touches Murray is his HELMET and the first part of Murray body that it touched is his FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Monte Ball / all time NCAA TD leader, not even mentioned for Heisman.
    Some freshman is though..................
    I don't think there's a comparison. Johnny Football is far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Again respectfully, forgive me if I reject out of hand your characterization of the hit as pathetic. Particularly given your team affiliation and some of the things that I have seen them do. Mathieu's clothesline on Dre Kirkpatrick, anyone? No penalty there either.
    OMG, I didn't see this part of the game, all I am seeing is this video. If you don't think this is as dirty as it can get, you are looking thru rose colored glasses and are extremely bias. That right there is TERRIBLE without even discussing helmet to helmet!!!! That player is as defenseless as one can be.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call