The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 102 of 152 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Again respectfully, forgive me if I reject out of hand your characterization of the hit as pathetic. Particularly given your team affiliation and some of the things that I have seen them do. Mathieu's clothesline on Dre Kirkpatrick, anyone? No penalty there either.
    Way off topic here. You've never seen me condone such actions anyway so it's a moot OFF TOPIC point.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    What happens if the returner doesn't go down? Murray and #71 are clearly putting themselves in position to make a tackle if necessary. Would it have made you feel better if we had hit #71 too or instead? And if so, why? Once possession changes Murray is just another player. He undoubtedly knows this and should protect himself accordingly, like all other football players know to do. Judging by the rest of the game it certainly didn't seem to affect him much, if any.

Remember as well that the same officials who "saw" a tipped ball on one of the biggest no-calls of the game were all standing out there watching and not one of them saw fit to throw a flag.
    Feel better? It wouldn't make me feel better b/c I really have no care in the matter.

My issue is with you condoning such a hit. I never said it was illegal but it was indeed unwarranted and dirty and you see nothing wrong with it. Just pointing that out. he could have NOT led with his helmet just as easy and pushed him down.

Football is tough and I like it. Hits like that happen and are legal I know and I get it, but that doesn't mean it's not Dirty. it's your choice to approve of not of such plays.

I for one think it's absolutely no different than a sucker punch.

Oh Dustin, LSU to The Cotton Bowl to play Texas. It's unfortunate The Capital One Bowl Committee has enthroned TAMU as well as political movements in TX to keep TAMU from destroying Texas in Jerry's World. It doesn't matter as both LSU & TAMU would dismantle Texas or NU.

Such a simple fix for the head hunting hits. Make facemask illegal. Stop all the leading with the head. Technology has made the helment a protector and a weapon.

I did enjoy watching a good hard hitting football game. Congrats to both teams for providing a good game.
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Oh Dustin, LSU to The Cotton Bowl to play Texas. It's unfortunate The Capital One Bowl Committee has enthroned TAMU as well as political movements in TX to keep TAMU from destroying Texas in Jerry's World. It doesn't matter as both LSU & TAMU would dismantle Texas or NU.
    Yea I thought it was going to be Okla. St but forgot the Head to Head was Texas. The Alamo Bowl still likes Texas too. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Monte Ball / all time NCAA TD leader, not even mentioned for Heisman.
    Some freshman is though..................
    Same here. I REALLY think he should have been a contender AGAIN. Shows you just how fluid the Heisman Voters can be.

When a Running Back breaks that kind of Record how can he NOT be mentioned? Politics ....

He'll win something though for sure, or better.

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Just for the heck of it before the National Championship game since ND is 11-0 and ALABAMA IS 12-1 I think that to have equality in the numbers ND should have to play either Florida, Georgia, LSU or TAMU to even up the records. On TV this morning Lou Holtz says that ND will have a cakewalk with Alabama ....what a CROCK. This was TRULY one of the best games I have seen lately. Alabama and Georgia. If ND had the 5 abovementioned teams on their schedule they would be at best 7-5 and not even in the BCS picture. I think that football has been always a violent sport and having played back in the late 50's with a single bar on the facemask they are trying to take too much out to be PC .
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    Just for the heck of it before the National Championship game since ND is 11-0 and ALABAMA IS 12-1 I think that to have equality in the numbers ND should have to play either Florida, Georgia, LSU or TAMU to even up the records. On TV this morning Lou Holtz says that ND will have a cakewalk with Alabama ....what a CROCK. This was TRULY one of the best games I have seen lately. Alabama and Georgia. If ND had the 5 abovementioned teams on their schedule they would be at best 7-5 and not even in the BCS picture. I think that football has been always a violent sport and having played back in the late 50's with a single bar on the facemask they are trying to take too much out to be PC .
    Don't worry, reality will step in come Jan. 7th and Order will be restored.

Completely aside from the game last night, I still wouldn't doubt Bama over Notre Dame.

Notre Dame has never seen the size and speed like Bama has on 'D'. Notre Dame has also let some mediocre RB's put yds on them. Lacy/Yeldon far from mediocre. Plus Notre Dame's D-Line is not even as strong as UGA's from what I've seen.

If it were up to the Stats Notre Dame doesn't stand a chance. But it's not and this is where Nick Saban comes in. Who has more experience? Bama players will indeed be ready to play and play like there hair is on fire. Notre Dame? Might be so glazed over to be there it might take them by storm.

Going to be a long month once again waiting around. But where most are getting it wrong is assuming Bama trains the whole time. Nick said they don't do that. They'll start training in a few weeks only for a few weeks to prepare for the game. That's what they've done in the past and said he see's no reason to change it. Training for weeks up to the game leads to burn out.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 12-02-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Typical problem, to many good SEC teams and not enough quality bowl spots. Dont think for a min that the Cotton Bowl folks wouldnt love a TAMU - t u matchup. Aggies would enjoy the chance to beat up on a pitiful tu team, but we would also like to go someplace new. Welcome to Disneyworld!
    'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' - Bear Bryant / Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBoley View Post
    Typical problem, to many good SEC teams and not enough quality bowl spots. Dont think for a min that the Cotton Bowl folks wouldnt love a TAMU - t u matchup. Aggies would enjoy the chance to beat up on a pitiful tu team, but we would also like to go someplace new. Welcome to Disneyworld!
    Pitiful? They're 8-4 Considering some of LSU's games, we could easily have the same record.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Pitiful? They're 8-4 Considering some of LSU's games, we could easily have the same record.
    They are 5-4 in conference and 0-the season against ranked teams, 2 of their wins against Wyoming and New Mexico.

They (UT) are alleged to have a top 10 recruiting class every year and they may have the worst Div I QB situation in the country and ended the season with 2 conference losses. While it may not be pathetic it is at least pitiful.
    Last edited by EdA; 12-02-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown49 aka Otey B View Post
    Just for the heck of it before the National Championship game since ND is 11-0 and ALABAMA IS 12-1 I think that to have equality in the numbers ND should have to play either Florida, Georgia, LSU or TAMU to even up the records.
    You might be interested in this article.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...5.html#more-id

The gist of it is that game for game, ND has played a more difficult schedule than either Alabama or Georgia did and have aquitted themselves quite well. I live in the SE and it's easy to get caught up in the regional interest. However, that doesn't win games. Dunno what the future holds except that the Alabama - Notre Dame game will not be a cakewalk for either team.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge