The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 120 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by weaver7198 View Post
    So who will be #1
    i think it will be either #1 notre dame or #2 alabama who play in the bcs title game monday evening?

monday the mighty sec will have yet another opportunity to "lay an egg" for all who are so tired of the sec's bcs success. eight in a row for the sec, we shall see? four in a row for a state that is 49th in every national statistic(thanks mississippi), we shall see?

congrats to louisville, great win, great season!!!!!!!!!
    john mccallie

This season is proving yet again that teams who aren't excited to be in a bowl game can lay an egg. Little motivation is a bad thing.

Watching Texas A&M over Alabama, Clemson over LSU, and now Louisville over Florida the SEC has some wholes. They are great at smash mouth and against other teams that play smash mouth but they have real problems against speed based option and west coast style attacks. Seems like their corners are not great cover guys. Luckily I don't think Goldston from ND is good enough to give Bama as many issues, but he is young and if he has made a lot of strides in the last 6 weeks then Bama might be in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    eight in a row for the sec, we shall see?
    It would actually be the 7th in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    This season is proving yet again that teams who aren't excited to be in a bowl game can lay an egg. Little motivation is a bad thing.
    C'mon Man! If you can't get up for the SUGAR BOWL! There is no getting up period. Florida got beat in everyway and it wasn't b/c they didn't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    the SEC has some wholes.

They are great at smash mouth and against other teams that play smash mouth but they have real problems against speed based option and west coast style attacks.
    It's holes and I knew it wouldn’t be long to hear this talk.

So how do you explain the 'Fastest Most Unstoppable Team of the WEST'-Ducks- not being able to beat two different SEC Teams on the big stage? The past history of SEC Teams beating HIGH-POWERED Offenses*rolleyes* in big games, goes back in history quite some length. It's especially been no problem in the BCS era of College Football.

I think LSU's patchy O-line got demolished and their 'D' got worn out from being on the field for 100 plays. The better team won. Boyd to Hopkins were on fire. LSU loss by 1 on a last second field goal as time expired. We watch the game. LSU was a first down away from kneeling out. They played hard and got edged out. No shame there.

Miss St? who really thought they'd win? Their Fluff schedule got them to 7-0 and then what happen when they played their Division? They went 1-4.

Florida? uh....might have to ask someone else. Cards were playing with a chip on their shoulder of course after being told for a month they didn't belong. They got a Pick 6 at the start to REALLY set the tone. A 3 & out for Florida and then a 6-minute drive for a TD and they never looked back. I think if Florida's 'D' would have got a stop on that first drive it would have slowed everything down. But the Cards came to play and looks like Florida completely underestimated them.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-03-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post

add to that the prolonged gap between the end of the season and the bowl game....one month is just too long
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    four in a row for a state that is 49th in every national statistic(thanks mississippi), we shall see?
    - U made my morning - it's 0607 PST!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    add to that the prolonged gap between the end of the season and the bowl game....one month is just too long
    Saban has proven to be the best at taking advantage of the long gap in the past. I hope it continues. I am not an SEC fan, but do like to see them pound Big 10 teams every bowl season and really would hate to see ND win. What the SEC has done so far scares me.

I guess you guys might have a point on the lack luster performance of Florida;
    http://www.yardbarker.com/college_fo...ville/12565543

No, the problem doesn't lie with the people who saw this one: it lies with the people who didn't. Because if a team's fans don't care enough to come to the games, how can't expect the players to care about winning them?
    According to the Orlando Sentinal, Florida sold fewer than 7,000 tickets from their official allotment of 17,500.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-03-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    Watching Texas A&M over Alabama, Clemson over LSU, and now Louisville over Florida the SEC has some wholes. They are great at smash mouth and against other teams that play smash mouth but they have real problems against speed based option and west coast style attacks. Seems like their corners are not great cover guys. Luckily I don't think Goldston from ND is good enough to give Bama as many issues, but he is young and if he has made a lot of strides in the last 6 weeks then Bama might be in a lot of trouble.
    TAMU beating the gumps had everything to do with Johnny Football & the gumps not being as fast as people would like to think they are.

The LSU game was a joke. KeKe Mingo got sick & if he doesn't, LSU wins going away. He was like a spotted gazelle the other night. Of course there were about a dozen other injuries & 6 free 1st downs that were NOT warranted. Not to mention the lack of OBVIOUS calls against Clemson. Paging Stud The Dud, get your fat ass out the booth & coach The OL. That was disgraceful.

The game last night had everything to do with 1 team thrilled to be there & the other was in Gainesville. 1 couldn't have played better & the other any worse.

It's not about a certain style. It's about what happens, who WANTS to be there, & unforeseen circumstances (Penalties/injuries.).

My thought last night was not necessarily that Florida wasn't excited to be there, but that Florida thought all they had to do to win was show up. I never felt like they had any real sense of urgency. Even at half time it was like they thought Louisville would never be able to hold up through 4 quarters. And let's face it - lots of times a lesser team can play with a better team for 1 or 2 quarters, but then they get wore down. I don't think Florida ever thought they could actually lose the game until the last half of the 4th.

And the LSU game - that's just Les being Les. All you can ever do is just shake your head at his descisions. He's a weird little bird.
    Tracy Hughes - Crimson Kennels
    www.crimsonkennels.com

Jessica's Chocolate Cait, MH
    Mosby's Big Jake, MH
    Tubby's Maxximum Trouble, MH
    Double G Cosmo's Dream Girl, MH
    Crimson's Coriander Dream, MH
    Johnson's Redwind, MH
    Crimson's TNT By Design, MH
    Crimson's Black Powder Girl, MH