The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

  1. #1211
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I love free enterprise capitalism and everything, but hate the renaming of stadiums and bowl games. What would be wrong with "this years Peach Bowl brought to you by Chick-Fil-A"?
    Agree 100%... but money talks...
    Bill Davis

  2. #1212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I love free enterprise capitalism and everything, but hate the renaming of stadiums and bowl games. What would be wrong with "this years Peach Bowl brought to you by Chick-Fil-A"?
    In our case, it would make us more likely to seek their product & purchase it . Sometimes the advertising folks don't realize that in your face advertising is a real turnoff .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #1213
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I love free enterprise capitalism and everything, but hate the renaming of stadiums and bowl games. What would be wrong with "this years Peach Bowl brought to you by Chick-Fil-A"?
    X 4, I guess the 4 of us would be considered old timers or something like that. The big 4 bowl games were played on January 1, the Cotton, Sugar, Rose, and Orange. The lesser bowls were played the week before and included the Bluebonnet, Sun, Liberty, then along came the Peach, Fiesta, Independence, and on and on and on. Now the bowl season lasts two weeks and one full week after New Year's.

  4. #1214
    Senior Member John Robinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bigfork, Montana
    Posts
    3,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    X 4, I guess the 4 of us would be considered old timers or something like that. The big 4 bowl games were played on January 1, the Cotton, Sugar, Rose, and Orange. The lesser bowls were played the week before and included the Bluebonnet, Sun, Liberty, then along came the Peach, Fiesta, Independence, and on and on and on. Now the bowl season lasts two weeks and one full week after New Year's.
    I guess we are giving away our age, but dilute anything enough and nothing is special. I'm a huge USC fan, but a six loss Trojan team playing in some nondescript, lame named bowl game does nothing for me. Army - Navy has a long tradition and is worth watching for me, but to see a service academy get demolished by ASU in a "bowl" game doesn't seem right. I have always enjoyed the speculation and debate of one conference playing another in a bowl game to settle the argument of which conference style of play would dominate. For me it was always the old power, three yards and a cloud of dust Big Ten versus the more wide open Pac Ten (twelve) west. I really enjoyed this years Rose Bowl even though today's Stanford is closer to Woody Hayes than Jim Plunkett. I'm not a fan of the Oregon style of football and wasn't surprised to see LSU's fast, old fashioned defense beat them. I am really looking forward to ND versus Alabama, should be a good old fashioned slugfest.

    That's all from this old dynasaur.

  5. #1215
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    dyno,
    be careful talking about dilution making something "less special". everyone around here is in favor of what will eventually be a 64 team tournament to crown a national football champion.
    john mccallie

  6. #1216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I guess we are giving away our age, but dilute anything enough and nothing is special. I'm a huge USC fan, but a six loss Trojan team playing in some nondescript, lame named bowl game does nothing for me. Army - Navy has a long tradition and is worth watching for me, but to see a service academy get demolished by ASU in a "bowl" game doesn't seem right. I have always enjoyed the speculation and debate of one conference playing another in a bowl game to settle the argument of which conference style of play would dominate. For me it was always the old power, three yards and a cloud of dust Big Ten versus the more wide open Pac Ten (twelve) west. I really enjoyed this years Rose Bowl even though today's Stanford is closer to Woody Hayes than Jim Plunkett. I'm not a fan of the Oregon style of football and wasn't surprised to see LSU's fast, old fashioned defense beat them. I am really looking forward to ND versus Alabama, should be a good old fashioned slugfest.

    That's all from this old dynasaur.
    Nobody gave LSU's defense a bigger challenge last season than Oregon's offense (put up 27 points), Oregon's defense has always suffered and that's what cost them the game. Nothing is funnier in College football than the fake injury game plan.
    Last edited by mngundog; 01-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.

  7. #1217
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,943

    Default

    What? I've been asleep the infallible SEC actually lost a game? Who, what, how, when where? I can't believe it.......wait where did their best team come from? Well best team at least till Friday.......
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  8. #1218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    be careful talking about dilution making something "less special". everyone around here is in favor of what will eventually be a 64 team tournament to crown a national football champion.
    Maybe that's why you rank 49th only saved by MS from being @ the bottom .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  9. #1219
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,548

    Default

    well Toto guess we arent in Kansas anymore...this could get ugly
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #1220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    On this crazy planet in N.E Texas
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Could be a long night for Kansas St.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •