The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    I love free enterprise capitalism and everything, but hate the renaming of stadiums and bowl games. What would be wrong with "this years Peach Bowl brought to you by Chick-Fil-A"?
    Agree 100%... but money talks...
    Bill Davis

I love free enterprise capitalism and everything, but hate the renaming of stadiums and bowl games. What would be wrong with "this years Peach Bowl brought to you by Chick-Fil-A"?
    In our case, it would make us more likely to seek their product & purchase it . Sometimes the advertising folks don't realize that in your face advertising is a real turnoff .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

X 4, I guess the 4 of us would be considered old timers or something like that. The big 4 bowl games were played on January 1, the Cotton, Sugar, Rose, and Orange. The lesser bowls were played the week before and included the Bluebonnet, Sun, Liberty, then along came the Peach, Fiesta, Independence, and on and on and on. Now the bowl season lasts two weeks and one full week after New Year's.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    X 4, I guess the 4 of us would be considered old timers or something like that. The big 4 bowl games were played on January 1, the Cotton, Sugar, Rose, and Orange. The lesser bowls were played the week before and included the Bluebonnet, Sun, Liberty, then along came the Peach, Fiesta, Independence, and on and on and on. Now the bowl season lasts two weeks and one full week after New Year's.
    I guess we are giving away our age, but dilute anything enough and nothing is special. I'm a huge USC fan, but a six loss Trojan team playing in some nondescript, lame named bowl game does nothing for me. Army - Navy has a long tradition and is worth watching for me, but to see a service academy get demolished by ASU in a "bowl" game doesn't seem right. I have always enjoyed the speculation and debate of one conference playing another in a bowl game to settle the argument of which conference style of play would dominate. For me it was always the old power, three yards and a cloud of dust Big Ten versus the more wide open Pac Ten (twelve) west. I really enjoyed this years Rose Bowl even though today's Stanford is closer to Woody Hayes than Jim Plunkett. I'm not a fan of the Oregon style of football and wasn't surprised to see LSU's fast, old fashioned defense beat them. I am really looking forward to ND versus Alabama, should be a good old fashioned slugfest.

That's all from this old dynasaur.

dyno,
    be careful talking about dilution making something "less special". everyone around here is in favor of what will eventually be a 64 team tournament to crown a national football champion.
    john mccallie

I guess we are giving away our age, but dilute anything enough and nothing is special. I'm a huge USC fan, but a six loss Trojan team playing in some nondescript, lame named bowl game does nothing for me. Army - Navy has a long tradition and is worth watching for me, but to see a service academy get demolished by ASU in a "bowl" game doesn't seem right. I have always enjoyed the speculation and debate of one conference playing another in a bowl game to settle the argument of which conference style of play would dominate. For me it was always the old power, three yards and a cloud of dust Big Ten versus the more wide open Pac Ten (twelve) west. I really enjoyed this years Rose Bowl even though today's Stanford is closer to Woody Hayes than Jim Plunkett. I'm not a fan of the Oregon style of football and wasn't surprised to see LSU's fast, old fashioned defense beat them. I am really looking forward to ND versus Alabama, should be a good old fashioned slugfest.

That's all from this old dynasaur.
    Nobody gave LSU's defense a bigger challenge last season than Oregon's offense (put up 27 points), Oregon's defense has always suffered and that's what cost them the game. Nothing is funnier in College football than the fake injury game plan.
    Last edited by mngundog; 01-03-2013 at 01:40 PM.

What? I've been asleep the infallible SEC actually lost a game? Who, what, how, when where? I can't believe it.......wait where did their best team come from? Well best team at least till Friday.......
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    be careful talking about dilution making something "less special". everyone around here is in favor of what will eventually be a 64 team tournament to crown a national football champion.
    Maybe that's why you rank 49th only saved by MS from being @ the bottom .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

well Toto guess we arent in Kansas anymore...this could get ugly
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Could be a long night for Kansas St.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.