The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 129 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

  1. #1281
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Watched the 2nd half - wow, all Aggies should be proud . But who was the babe in the broadcast booth with eddie & joey? What a voice? Hate to wake up to that talking everyday .
    Marvin, watch your mouth. That's Erin Andrews. Besides, why does she need to talk?
    Bill Davis

  2. #1282
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Maddox View Post
    That's funny Franco!!!
    He's almost freakish how he makes backyard moves work against D1 studs. In nearly 30 yrs of coaching High School football, I've seen quite a few studs, but none that baffle me any more than Manziel.
    This win should really bolster their recruiting class!!!
    Someone back home in Kerrville Texas said that football was his third best sport behind baseball and golf. Hope he stays around for his next 3 years of eligibility.

  3. #1283
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    That explains why he ran for what?...around 250 yrds? Defense was scared to hit him? Surely you're kidding?
    No I'm not kidding. Do you watch much college football? Plenty teams know how to contain MOBILE QB's.

    One way to slow down a running QB is to shake him up early. OU was trying way too hard to avoid a Personal Foul and letting him slide late. If you let him run freely without trying to take his head off he'll do just that and that's what happen. Sometimes a late hit may be in order.

    Not that it would have mattered really, OU's defense was laughable.

    I'm not making excuses BTW, I hate OU and loved every snap of this game. I just noticed OU's defense pulling up and unwillingness to HIT SOMEBODY! especially Johnny F.
    Last edited by Dustin D; 01-05-2013 at 04:21 PM.

  4. #1284
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    No I'm not kidding. Do you watch much college football? Plenty teams know how to contain MOBILE QB's.

    One way to slow down a running QB is to shake him up early. OU was trying way too hard to avoid a Personal Foul and letting him slide late. If you let him run freely without trying to take his head off he'll do just that and that's what happen. Sometimes a late hit may be in order.

    Not that it would have mattered really, OU's defense was laughable.

    I'm not making excuses BTW, I hate OU and loved every snap of this game. I just noticed OU's defense pulling up and unwillingness to HIT SOMEBODY! especially Johnny F.

    Dustin, what line of work are you in? If you are not coaching D-1 football you missed your calling. I'm not sure why you haven't been picked up by an SEC school yet.

    Senior troll regards.
    Bill Davis

  5. #1285
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Senior troll regards.
    and right on cue.

  6. #1286
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    it already did,they will be a Top 5 recruiting class this year, they already snared former pro baseball player Ken Hill's son from SL Carroll HS in DFW, he was one of the top QB prospect in the state
    They definitely need a qb that kid they have now can't play a lick. I don't know who is advising that kid but he better be ready to redshirt and sit for a couple of years after that,
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  7. #1287
    Senior Member duk4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NE Texas
    Posts
    2,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Dustin, what line of work are you in? If you are not coaching D-1 football you missed your calling. I'm not sure why you haven't been picked up by an SEC school yet.

    Senior troll regards.
    Now Bill leave those purple and gold wearing fellas alone. I would tell you why but I think you know. Well there is one of them that is realistic but it ain't D or Jacob.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

  8. #1288
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    No I'm not kidding. Do you watch much college football? Plenty teams know how to contain MOBILE QB's.

    One way to slow down a running QB is to shake him up early. OU was trying way too hard to avoid a Personal Foul and letting him slide late. If you let him run freely without trying to take his head off he'll do just that and that's what happen. Sometimes a late hit may be in order.

    Not that it would have mattered really, OU's defense was laughable.

    I'm not making excuses BTW, I hate OU and loved every snap of this game. I just noticed OU's defense pulling up and unwillingness to HIT SOMEBODY! especially Johnny F.
    Well, that might be true, but the problem is that VERY FEW teams have the DL & overall team speed to do anything about it.

  9. #1289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    3,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Marvin, watch your mouth. That's Erin Andrews. Besides, why does she need to talk?
    No she doesn't have to. All she has to do is be insanely hotttt.

  10. #1290
    Senior Member Dustin D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA (Area)
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Well, that might be true, but the problem is that VERY FEW teams have the DL & overall team speed to do anything about it.
    Yep, it's similar to how to stop a high powered offense like Oregon. Many teams know how to stop them but only a few have the means to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •