The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 14 of 152 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    So people are excited about the possibility of having a legitimate passer and leader. What's wrong with that?
    coach, mettzenberger(sp) does look good. the excitement by the lsu faithful is completely understood. getting jacob riled up is the most fun thing about football season! it's all good down south.....for now!
    john mccallie

Dustin, you know at least once or twice a football season a given team just doesn't play well, uncharacteristically lays the ball on the ground a couple times, or runs into a hot QB or some other bad matchup. If that happens against Florida Atlantic, you are likely so much better physically that you can overcome it and win the game. If that happens against LSU you don't have such a physical advantage and you will lose.

If you flip the two teams you can say exactly the same thing.

I've personally seen Alabama win 5 championships, and every time they had to win a game they really shouldn't have. The best example of that would be a 3-0 win over the Tigahs in Red Stick in a driving rain storm. See the Tennessee game in 2009 where we had to block 2 FGs to win. If we had played against LSU in 2009 the way we did against UT, LSU would have won by double digits.

Once you get to the level of Bama and LSU, there is a great deal of luck involved in actually winning out and winning the NC. I should say something here about a certain team managing to win he NC with two losses, but that would just be mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Have you looked at the schedule?

Bama will play Miss St. and then LSU
    LSU will play A&M (BYE Week) then Host Bama at home.

Not sure if that's good or bad

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Once you get to the level of Bama and LSU, there is a great deal of luck involved in actually winning out and winning the NC. I should say something here about a certain team managing to win he NC with two losses, but that would just be mean.
    Very true. That being said, there are certain teams like Alabama and LSU that often make their own luck.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    not a thing to see in alabama, unless you want to see one of those last three crystal footballs they give out at the end! sec-six in a row, state of alabama-three in a row!

i think the little footballs are on display at wal-mart in eastaboga, al this weekend. stars of the swamp people will be there too!
    It's nice to see that The BCS finally got it right. You have to win your conference (Or @ the least your division.) to play in The BCS Nat Champ.

coach, mettzenberger(sp) does look good. the excitement by the lsu faithful is completely understood. getting jacob riled up is the most fun thing about football season! it's all good down south.....for now!
    You can't get me riled up. Of that I'm certain. I'm really disappointed in the game tomm. LSU/AU has a lot of bad blood, but I can't even take them seriously this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Dustin, you know at least once or twice a football season a given team just doesn't play well, uncharacteristically lays the ball on the ground a couple times, or runs into a hot QB or some other bad matchup. If that happens against Florida Atlantic, you are likely so much better physically that you can overcome it and win the game. If that happens against LSU you don't have such a physical advantage and you will lose.

If you flip the two teams you can say exactly the same thing.

I've personally seen Alabama win 5 championships, and every time they had to win a game they really shouldn't have. The best example of that would be a 3-0 win over the Tigahs in Red Stick in a driving rain storm. See the Tennessee game in 2009 where we had to block 2 FGs to win. If we had played against LSU in 2009 the way we did against UT, LSU would have won by double digits.

The problem with that is they were heads & tails the best team that year. A mixture of a lot of injuries & sling blade roaming the sidelines is the only reason they lost those games.

In any event, I have to wait a few weeks before LSU plays the gayturds to get somewhat excited about a game. Bluh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    You can't get me riled up. Of that I'm certain. I'm really disappointed in the game tomm. LSU/AU has a lot of bad blood, but I can't even take them seriously this year.
    It's a SEC game. They're all serious.

It's nice to see that The BCS finally got it right. You have to win your conference (Or @ the least your division.) to play in The BCS Nat Champ.
    Yea that would make since IF everyone played a conference championship game
    . Unfortunately for you and every other LSU fan, the BCS is designed to play the best two teams in the land. And the best team won 21-0 in LSU's back yard.
    HRCH DRAKE

i told you last year that miles was pissed when he figured out saban had outsmarted him again by losing and avoiding having to play that silly conference championship game! by making this change the bcs is just asking bama to practice field goal kicking a couple of weeks earlier this year! the requirements change the outcome will likely be the same.

i wish major league baseball would have left it "right" where only division winners went to lcs and ws. those damn wild card cardinals wouldn't have even been in it last year. now they have two wild cards this year.....go figure?
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by KNorman View Post
    It's a SEC game. They're all serious.
    This isn't a typical AU team. I'm not sure what word best describes them, but underwhelming is a start.

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    Yea that would make since IF everyone played a conference championship game
    . Unfortunately for you and every other LSU fan, the BCS is designed to play the best two teams in the land. And the best team won 21-0 in LSU's back yard.
    It doesn't matter. Win your conference. Damn sure win your division. It's not like the gumps last year were the 1st to play for it all, but they'll be the last.

i told you last year that miles was pissed when he figured out saban had outsmarted him again by losing and avoiding having to play that silly conference championship game! by making this change the bcs is just asking bama to practice field goal kicking a couple of weeks earlier this year! the requirements change the outcome will likely be the same.

i wish major league baseball would have left it "right" where only division winners went to lcs and ws. those damn wild card cardinals wouldn't have even been in it last year. now they have two wild cards this year.....go figure?
    No doubt your team was rewarded for losing. That said, if sling blade was mad in Jan, hopefully he's going to be happy in Nov. Luckily there's nothing he can be overly retarded about this year.

I hear ya on baseball. The same way with The NFL (See the packers run.). That's another thing to love about CFB. Every game matters. Ya don't have to be the best team in the country that week, just the best team in the stadium.