The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 142 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    face the fact that it was your team that wasnt that good,
    I've faced it. LSU could have JUST AS EASILY been a 6 loss Team this year just like Notre Dame could have been.

vs AUB / 12-10
    vs USCe / 23-21
    vs A&M / 24-19
    vs Hogs / 20-13

All Last seconds wins by LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Y'all people floor me. The game Monday night proved nothing more than 1 team played the worst it could & the other played over their heads. Sometimes that crap just happens. The gumps should have lost three games. They weren't that good.
    jacob,

i appreciate the courtesy you show folks constantly in your posts on rtf. you say yesir and thank you maam to dr.ed, miss sylvia, the caire's and many others throughout the year. you are always first to congratulate others on their dogs performance in trials. i enjoy your admiration and dedication to the great dogs you know and train with, like ali, tia etc. i like that you always state your appreciation for danny farmer and your pros at vinewood by noting the positive impact they have on you, your dog and the sport. i like the way you work hard and play hard. that bowl of christmas dinner gumbo you posted the picture of looked fabulous. in all respects you seem to be a young man that a mother and father "raised right"!

if i am one of the folks who "floored you" i am here to say i am sorry.

but let's face it, your love of your team(which i also appreciate btw) and your seething envy of "the gumps" have caused you to post things in this thread that seriously bring your status as a football prognosticatior into doubt.

i wish you well in the upcoming trial season and i wish the lsu tigers well in their work going into recruiting and the upcoming signing day.

jmc
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Jacob : I know you are an LSU homer but at least give the Champion their props, saying they werent that good smacks of sour grapes...face the fact that it was your team that wasnt that good, even though your self proclaimed prophecy to annoint them as such early in the season proved otherwise
    But...but he's Jacob of Oz - immune from Internet prosecution.

Anyhow, the highlight of the Who's season was looking powerfully good in the 2d half and coming from behind against Towson...

MG

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    but let's face it, your love of your team(which i also appreciate btw) and your seething envy of "the gumps" have caused you to post things in this thread that seriously bring your status as a football prognosticatior into doubt.
    Jacob is the same guy who basically told me I was stupid for failing to recognize that ND's defense was "the best front 7 [Alabama] would face all year" and for thinking that we should commit to running the football against them. Maybe some of us "gumps" know a little more about what we are watching than Jacob is willing to give credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I only know of one person that thinks that. Oregon was manhandled by the last two SEC teams they played.

College playoffs can't get here soon enough and I wish it were an 8 team system.
    Yep, it's a regional thing. Everybody always thinks their region is the best, so when it come to speculating rather than actually playing, they lead with their hearts. I agree with you on the eight team thing, with four teams this last time we still would have had Notre Dame and Florida in the picture as two of the four teams.

Regarding Oregon, I personally hate that style of football, I much prefer the smashmouth style of LSU, Alabama and Stanford. I also like the more pro style that USC played under Pete Carrol, so it frustrates me to no end when I see it working so well. If Oregon had played in the NC bowl, that would have been on of the few times I rooted for an eastern team against a Pac 12 team. I still think they would have put up a much better showing than ND did, and that Stanford (even though they lost to ND), would have given Alabama a game.

John

I too like Stanford and if I was a highly recruited kid coming out of High School, that would be my choice. They would have played a better game than ND, but I think Bama was just too much team for anyone to upset.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I too like Stanford and if I was a highly recruited kid coming out of High School, that would be my choice. They would have played a better game than ND, but I think Bama was just too much team for anyone to upset.
    Except for A&M?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Y'all people floor me. The game Monday night proved nothing more than 1 team played the worst it could & the other played over their heads. Sometimes that crap just happens. The gumps should have lost three games. They weren't that good.
    Jacob your bengal tigers could of as easily been a six loss team. We all understand that you are full of your self and you think of your self as the nostradamus of CFB and clearly only look at things through your purple glasses. But damn have some common sense about the things you say. Every team out there coulda,shoulda,woulda lost under any circumstances through out the year.

The game monday night proved that with ND playing like they have played all year wasn't near good enough to of played with Alabama on their "A" game.

Get over it, look to next year and tell us why ole Mett siah will be the leading QB in the nation and give us a breakdown of why LSU will be the best team in Americana/the land/world-- or maybe just only the best team in there state next year...
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    jacob,

i appreciate the courtesy you show folks constantly in your posts on rtf. you say yesir and thank you maam to dr.ed, miss sylvia, the caire's and many others throughout the year. you are always first to congratulate others on their dogs performance in trials. i enjoy your admiration and dedication to the great dogs you know and train with, like ali, tia etc. i like that you always state your appreciation for danny farmer and your pros at vinewood by noting the positive impact they have on you, your dog and the sport. i like the way you work hard and play hard. that bowl of christmas dinner gumbo you posted the picture of looked fabulous. in all respects you seem to be a young man that a mother and father "raised right"!

if i am one of the folks who "floored you" i am here to say i am sorry.

i wish you well in the upcoming trial season and i wish the lsu tigers well in their work going into recruiting and the upcoming signing day.

jmc
    I think you were the best @ catching some of my sarcasm in the post. 1 of my BEST friends is a firefighter in that town where Alabama's campus is located. Believe me, we are VERY passionate about the games. We just can't watch a game together when our teams are playing.

I love trash talking & really enjoy it when somebody else is good @ it in return. For the most part, I get along well with Alabama fans. Honestly it's the pompous a$$hats who think that they are god's gift to CFB & everything else that really get me. Do NOT get me wrong, LSU has their share of dbags & we have almost got into it with them before because of their lack of respect towards opposing fans.

All that said, I can't wait for College Baseball. LSU is suppose to be good. Hopefully the Jeckyll & Hyde phenomenon of a year ago is over with.

Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Jacob is the same guy who basically told me I was stupid for failing to recognize that ND's defense was "the best front 7 [Alabama] would face all year" and for thinking that we should commit to running the football against them. Maybe some of us "gumps" know a little more about what we are watching than Jacob is willing to give credit for.
    He's also the same guy who at the begining of this season gave it to me for saying that LSU's QB play would not in any way be better than last years production with Lee and Jefferson.He was comparing ZM to Peyton Manning . Wow was he wrong once again.

On a serious note. McCarron did break Peytons previous record of TD-INT ratio.. Ended the season with 30TD'S-3ints. Not to bad right there.

HRCH DRAKE