The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1519

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Why does it matter if anyone agrees with you? That's the fun of it, arguing over things that have no real bearing on life. In the real world does any of this matter? I realize football is a big deal in the South, but people from other regions disagreeing with you is not reason enough to start a new Civil War. Now here's my thoughts on your points that I didn't copy here:

1) I agree with you, running at Jarvis Jones seemed to be a good strategy.
    2) I agree with Ed and Jabob, regardless of SEC officials decidingthe hit on Aaron Murray was within the rules, it looked like an unnecessary cheap shot to me, then your timing did seem a bit insensitive as the significance of the argument diminished against a real world tragedy.
    3) You were again correct, as a matter of fact I pointed out durring the game I wished my favorite NFL team had that line and those two runners.

I still don't think Alabama is the number one team in the Country, I just think ND was terribly overrated.

John
    In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter one iota. To use your thought, what is the fun of arguing about things that have no bearing on life if you can't come back and gloat a little bit when you are ultimately proved correct in your argument?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion that Alabama is not the number one team, all evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

I was just kidding on that last point, wanted to raise your blood pressure a bit as you seem to take this so seriously...
    Nah, you didn't raise my blood pressure. I saw the trophy this AM as I rode in to work, so I am pretty confident that I know who the number one team is.

I will also say that it would be difficult to live in Montana and have any real understanding about the relationship between Alabama fans and LSU fans. We go back and forth like this all the time. Like brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Nah, you didn't raise my blood pressure. I saw the trophy this AM as I rode in to work, so I am pretty confident that I know who the number one team is.

I will also say that it would be difficult to live in Montana and have any real understanding about the relationship between Alabama fans and LSU fans. We go back and forth like this all the time. Like brothers.
    First of all congratulations on the trophy, you guys were clearly deserving. Two, I totally get it, I grew up in LA in the heyday of the USC - UCLA rivalry. My whole family went to USC, my uncle played football for them when I was a todler. As a USC fan we could lose every game all season, but if we beat UCLA and Notre Dame, it was a winning season in our minds! In high school I was surrounded by UCLA fans, it seemed like most of my teachers went to UCLA, so I get the backand fourth. It just seems like you guys are little too far apart to have a real rivalry.

John

It just seems like you guys are little too far apart to have a real rivalry.
    Only a rivalry because nobody else fit the bill for either team - or hasn't for a while. And of course for our mutual admiration of the Great Saban. 'Bama's wiped the shag carpet with Auburn, (particularly) Tennessee, and not even worth mentioning Ole Miss, MSU or Arkansas. Only LSU (which has had no real rival for years and even then it was only Tulane) has the tenacity and wherewithal for playing on seemingly equal terms.

Will it endure? Probably - Miles is a d*mned good coach, regardless of the naysayers, and a great recruiter. Saban is both those magnified. And I think Sumlin's sneaking up as same so there'll be two new rivalries to feast our SEC fandom on - 'Bama-aTm and aTm-LSU.

aTm ended the season as the best team in the country is what I think, but I know 'Bama got the crystal football and the NC that goes with it - No. 15, by the way, if you're keeping score at home or on rtf.

MG

Well as a long as the SEC is afraid to play the Ducks then we will never know how good any of them are. Stay home and clutch your bibles, guns and trophies....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    Well as a long as the SEC is afraid to play the Ducks then we will never know how good any of them are. Stay home and clutch your bibles, guns and trophies....

/Paul
    Well, LSU wasn't and we all know how that turned out!

/Paul
    I don't think Auburn had a problem with the almighty Ducks either....
    Brandon Edmondson

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I don't think Auburn had a problem with the almighty Ducks either....
    Oh yes they did - the Uglier (Uniforms by the Week) Ducklings managed to score all of 19 points on an Auburn defense that gave up an average of almost twice that many a game during the season. And Auburn is generally considered the least accomplished of the SEC's streak of seven National Champions.

MG

Not this year they didn't....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

/Paul
    Pump your brakes a little bit. Look at Oregons gimiky offense against solid defensive teams. The record doesn't hold to good. I think that speaks for its self. BTW, whos to say either team has reached out to the other for a early season matchup? I would of loved to see the match up for the Nat'l championship. Who's to say it would be a better game with oregon struggling loosingto stanford, stanford loosing to ND and ND struggling with the many opponents they struggled with.

Maybe we'll see Bama/Oregon this next year
    HRCH DRAKE