Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    guess it costs more to tailgate in the SEC

Damn Right!

They should have Texas's for $9.99

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Damn Right!

They should have Texas's for $9.99
    even better because then you would have TEN bucks left to buy beer to put in the cooler.....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Georgia/LSU in Atlanta again.
    and you're prognosticating this based on what? How great UGA is playing while getting run off the field by USC and having UK put up a fight with them and having a 5pt win? We all know why you're so high up on LSBOO (besides your purple and gold glasses) , because of Mettsiah, the almighty best QB to ever grace the SEC, I must say, he is having a nice year "lighting" up all those secondarys...
    HRCH DRAKE

LSU has a bye this weekend and Bama has to play a tough Miss St team.

Against BAMA, LSU is going to have to rely on thier D to get the win. That's because Bama will place 8 in the box to stop the Tigers run game and make Mettenberg throw the ball. If Mett has a good game the Tigers will win. That and the fact that it is almost impossible for teams to beat LSU at night, at home. If Mett is as inconsistent as he has been for most of the season, Bama wins.

And, a two loss SEC team is better than Oregon, ND or Kansas.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    and you're prognosticating this based on what?
    ...maybe the fact that it's College Football in October.

You just never know what's going to happen.

TT shuts down WVU, then lets TCU put up 53 points?
    Fla St. gets rocked by NC State then puts up 51 on BC,
    A&M puts up 69 points and 500 yds, then well we know what happen,
    South Carolina goes on a 2 week slump?

I mean I could go on with stories like this for a dozen more teams. You just never know what the heck mental flub some teams are going to get over or have week in and week out in College Football in OCTOBER!

UGA knows that if they beat the Gators, and finish off Auburn and Ole'Miss they go to the SEC Championship AGAIN!

They also HATE Florida, so it'll be a Rivalry game for the ages if they come to play. They'd love NOTHING more than to end Florida's chances.

UL Ragin Cajun Water Ski Team takes NCAA second place in the nation for 2012!

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I hear you, but I am not sure I agree.

It appears to me that, as of this moment, Alabama is simply a better team than LSU. That said, MSU has not beaten us very much, but they have always beaten us up in a very physical football game. While we are doing that, LSU will be sitting at home healing up and getting players back.

You can't throw everything out the window just because the game is at night in BR. You should know that Alabama has historically enjoyed a lot of success down there whether during the day or at night. I don't know of any Alabama fan who trembles at the mention of Death Valley, nor should we. The team that plays there regularly is another story, however.

As I see it right now, LSU is probably one of 2 - 3 teams that can begin to match up physically with Alabama, which of course means the converse is true as well. If both teams play as good as they can play Alabama wins. If Mett pulls a Stephen Garcia, or if Alabama somehow shows up not ready to survive the first 1.5 quarters or so as the residual anger from last January wears off, or if Bama turns the ball over, LSU will win. I am of course assuming no injuries either this week or next, which could change the entire complexion of the game.

I will say this: I am interested to see how our D matches up with your O. Everybody thought UT would be our first real test, but they could not run the ball with any consistency. If LSU can somehow line up and run on Bama it could be a very long evening for Bama fans. If anybody is physical enough to actually do this it would be LSU for sure.

I just wish I was coming down there to eat at Pyrrain's and George's. Not to mention the tailgating before the game in BR.

Does anybody know if/when Middendorf's over in Manchac will be reopening?

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    Yes and yes. But I don't see things through purple and gold glasses. I think our defense can hang with any off them, our offense needs some luck with it. Just depends what offense shows up for Nov 3rd. But , but you can throw everything out the window come 7pm Nov 3rd. I dont expect LSU to fall apart like a nickel mop like they did in the NC game. It will be a hard fought game that either team could win. And yes I wouldn't take Miss State lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

And, a two loss SEC team is better than Oregon, ND or Kansas.
    That would be Kansas State, KU is abysmal, time will tell about Kansas State but no coach in the country gets more from his team than Bill Snyder does, they pretty much drubbed OU in Norman and that has happened very rarely

Amen Dr. Ed. Don't forget they also went to Morgantown and handed WVA their backside to them on a plate. I am really rooting for them this year with their center coming from the HS team my boy is playing for this year. Their defense just keeps getting better every game. If they keep on winning I am figuring they will be in the big game. Once again Bill Synder has turned the program around to one of the class acts in the country. By the way that center wanted to go to Oklahoma State and they snubbed him. Isaac and he still wrestle with each other when he comes for workouts with the team. Great kid and only a red shirt sophmore.

LT

"Does anybody know if/when Middendorf's over in Manchac will be reopening?"
    They have been open for several weeks. When they rebuilt after Katrina it was done with future flooding in mind.