The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

I don't see LSU's O-Line being very dominant against Bama. Successful some, but not Dominate.

The only way I see LSU winning is with more than one TRICK play that leads to points on the board. Not likely.

I also am anxious to see McCarron. Our secondary isn't the BEST, but I doubt you'll see Bama receivers with their feet planted in the endzone just waiting for McCarron to set his feet and throw the ball at them like he's been doing all year, especially last Saturday. That was horribly pathetic secondary coverage by TN.

I don't expect Messyberg to be spectacular, but I've noticed that Bama's secondary does get sucked in pretty hard at times to the play action. Not sure if that will be a problem but just noticed it the last couple games and against TN.

Should be a good game, but the 'HAT' will have to come out for this one and pull something big off at least once.

All this talk about the gumps not being concerned with DV is typical. After Nov 3 LSU will be 10-4 against them since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    All this talk about the gumps not being concerned with DV is typical. After Nov 3 LSU will be 10-4 against them since 2000.
    Jacob, why the year 2,000 cut off? Does the record change more in Alabama's favor if you go back another fifty years, twenty years? As a Pac Ten, Big Sky Conference guy I really don't know much about LSU's or Alabama's records, just thought it was curious how you put the "since 2000" in there.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Jacob, why the year 2,000 cut off? Does the record change more in Alabama's favor if you go back another fifty years, twenty years? As a Pac Ten, Big Sky Conference guy I really don't know much about LSU's or Alabama's records, just thought it was curious how you put the "since 2000" in there.
    Actually it should have been 98'. This would be considered the modern era of College Football being as that's when the current system that College Football runs on began.

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Actually, since the DiNardo days, LSU has dominated the gumps. Really the only time when they had continued success was when Bear Bryant was coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Actually it should have been 98'. This would be considered the modern era of College Football being as that's when the current system that College Football runs on began.
    Revisionist college football history....or maybe because you werent old enough/or born yet so anything before that is irrelevant ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Revisionist college football history....or maybe because you werent old enough/or born yet so anything before that is irrelevant ?
    Yea, that's exactly what I said

I thought I said it pretty clearly but will try again.

The Modern Era of Football is the BCS Era. This Era started in 1998 when ALL OF Division I Football started following its RULES. Since it changed the game of College Football it was the dawn of a new Era.

This is why you don't hear Sports Analyst say, 'Well you know Jim, against Purdue, Notre Dame leads this series 56–26–2"....about a Rivlary started in 1896.

Talking about Football in absolutes would be ridiculous.

...maybe the fact that it's College Football in October.

You just never know what's going to happen.

TT shuts down WVU, then lets TCU put up 53 points?
    Fla St. gets rocked by NC State then puts up 51 on BC,
    A&M puts up 69 points and 500 yds, then well we know what happen,
    South Carolina goes on a 2 week slump?

I mean I could go on with stories like this for a dozen more teams. You just never know what the heck mental flub some teams are going to get over or have week in and week out in College Football in OCTOBER!

UGA knows that if they beat the Gators, and finish off Auburn and Ole'Miss they go to the SEC Championship AGAIN!

They also HATE Florida, so it'll be a Rivalry game for the ages if they come to play. They'd love NOTHING more than to end Florida's chances.
    I agree with you, the only thing predictable in college football is the known fact that it is un predictable. I just like giving Jacob a hard time about his assessment of Mettsiah to begin the year. Fl vs GA will be a good game, Bama vs MS will be a good game, Bama VS LSU will be a great game under the lights in death valley. I look forward to the next several weeks. I've got bama winning by 17 over state. I think vegas opened them up as a 24pt favorite
    HRCH DRAKE

Yea, that's exactly what I said

I thought I said it pretty clearly but will try again.

The Modern Era of Football is the BCS Era. This Era started in 1998 when ALL OF Division I Football started following its RULES. Since it changed the game of College Football it was the dawn of a new Era.

This is why you don't hear Sports Analyst say, 'Well you know Jim, against Purdue, Notre Dame leads this series 56–26–2"....about a Rivlary started in 1896.

Talking about Football in absolutes would be ridiculous.
    Thats a bunch of BS, now because of the BCS all college football history before 1998 is irrelevant? I remember going to watch my uncle play guard for USC in the early fifties, I was at the 1967 USC-UCLA game where OJ ran for a 67 yard touchdown to win the game late in the fourth quarter 21-20. The game today is the same as it was in the 60's, same rules with perhaps a tweak or two, but it still comes down to blocking, tackling, running, throwing and catching the football. To just wish away past accomplishments, records and National Championships is, to me, a form of denial.

I don't feel old, but as you can see from my post I have witnessed a lot of football over the years, and I have learned to take a longer term view of the sport as my team has had it's ups and downs over the decades, nothing last forever. As a lifelong USC fan I have lived through long periods of good and bad. Strings of National Championships when I was in HS and College, then a ten year period where we lost to Notre Dame every year, then a turnaround in the 2000's, then the prohibition from the Reggie Bush debacle. I am certain that if I live another 30 years, I'll live through some more good and bad years as will every other good college football program.

John
    Last edited by John Robinson; 10-22-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Floating around the net;

for what it's worth...

I still can't wrap my mind around Miles/.
    i would say a coach with that many players out and a record of 7-1 should be looking for a new "strength and conditioning coach" and/or new "chief of campus police"!
    john mccallie