The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by rboudet View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Typical. I bet your a regular on the Finebaum show too. And by the way I don't agree with Jacob's Gump comments either. But corndogs? Alabama redneck County Fair food. We dont eat corndogs, thats for the common people.
    I didn't give y'all that title. An Auburn fan did years ago. After you asked I hit up Wikipedia to copy and paste so you'd know. I couldn't copy from my phone so I winged it by what I read. Google it and you'll find exactly what i found. You ask questions, I supply answers. Stupid or not, did you want me to lie about it to make you happy with it. And I've never call his show for the record, however it can be humorous and extremely stupid at times, but neither because of me.

1. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_LSU..._like_corndogs
    2. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_are_ls...alled_corndogs
    3. http://www.gatortailgating.com/conte...ling-corn-dogs

The third one has the orginal post from the AU fan from the message board.
    Last edited by TDB87; 10-22-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    So when we refer to a dog that was a National Amateur or National Open winner do we have to include if it was in the pre Entry Express Era

when in Texas I prefer Fletcher corny dogs, they used to be the official Corn Dog of the Texas State Fair, and the Byron Nelson Golf tournament
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

So when we refer to a dog that was a National Amateur or National Open winner do we have to include if it was in the pre Entry Express Era
    Bon, Alabama fans are used to opposing fans very carefully choosing the periods of time they like to talk about or even recall. If I were them, I would want to limit discussion to the years between 1997 and 2007 as much as I could too.

Quote Originally Posted by RookieTrainer View Post
    Bon, Alabama fans are used to opposing fans very carefully choosing the periods of time they like to talk about or even recall. If I were them, I would want to limit discussion to the years between 1997 and 2007 as much as I could too.
    And none of that matters come Friday Mornings

or Saturday afternoons/evenings

What games are y'all looking forward to this weekend and who ya got? Fla/Ga, OK/ND, UA/MS are a few i'm ready to check out. I've got FL over GA. I just cant buy into Ga winning a game that matters, I think Arron Murray is still yet to beat a top 20 team since he's been a starter. He will definately have to bring his "A" game, if so they stand a chance. I expect him and Richt to choke another loss down. I think Ok will hammer ND. ND has to much of a mess at QB and i think for them to beat OK they would have to score 28pts and have a overall solid D to slow down OK, I just dont think ND will be able to. I think OK beats em by 2tds. Alabama will have a tough test with MS but will pull away in the 3rd&4th with the depth they have. I think bama wins by about 17.

I've also been known to go winless while picking games a whole lot in my life. So i don't hold to much faith in my picks. Lol but i feel pretty good about the Bama pick.
    Last edited by TDB87; 10-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    HRCH DRAKE

my picks?

i can say with certainty that the lsu bengal tigers will not, i repeat will not lose this weekend!!!!!
    john mccallie

Bold Predictions;

-
    If UGA has '0' turnovers, they will win.

- Miss St. will bring the wood, just not out of halftime. 17-14 Bama @ Halftime, 38-14 Final - Bama
    and McCarron throws his first INT this year.

- Notre Dame will keep OU under 27 points, Notre Dame might score 17.
    unless Chokelahouma shows up.

- Texas Tech has already killed their once a year Giant. K-State is playing at their best right now and Texas Tech doesn't have the 'D' to stop them. 38-24?

- A&M should NOT sleep on Auburn. I'd HATE to play an SEC Team that hasn't won at home yet. Lot's of pinned up aggression there. Will they take it out on the new kids? Doubtful, but possible. 27-23 A&M

-LSU will get plenty of chances to score. Their 'D' will give them the ball back time and time again but will eventually wear out. The Offense will be stuttered not just by the Bama 'D' but by the horrible play calling as well. They'll miss FG's but give Bama a good fight. If the the 'Hat' pulls something out of his bag and it = 7 points, LSU takes home the 'V' by 3. Oh wait, this is not til next weekend.

like I said, BOLD Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Bold Predictions;

-
    If UGA has '0' turnovers, they will win.
    Not sure that is going to happen the way our D has been playing! It's nice to be playing UGA in a meaningful game for a change.

Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Bold Predictions;

- A&M should NOT sleep on Auburn. I'd HATE to play an SEC Team that hasn't won at home yet. Lot's of pinned up aggression there. Will they take it out on the new kids? Doubtful, but possible. 27-23 A&M
    the Aggies will hang 50 on the hapless and helpless Tigers who probably have the worst team in the SEC with the possible exception of the other Tigers (Mizzou)