The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    Would it be better to be a second tier team in the SEC or a second teir team in the collapsing Big 12 which has lost 4 of it's members in the last two years and now has only 10 teams. Expect Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to follow suit, then Texas will have it's dream, a private conference which it will dominate. I'm sure they can add SMU, Rice, and Houston. There is lots of Texas high school talent going to the SEC, now TAMU will have a shot at keeping some of them home. If you were a hotshot high school football player would you rather play Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, and Auburn or Kansas, Iowa State, and Baylor?
    I wouldn't sell TAMU short as they can be a top tier team in the SEC. Just look at all the Football talent that lives in the Houston area that goes to the SEC! Add TAMU's rich traditions and student support and you can't lose. Just wish they would have beaten Florida on Saturday.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

Iowa State, obviously. Great winters and great tradition
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

TAMU will be good, but it'll take a few years to get a solid recruiting base there. We get a lot of those prospects at LSU, and we're gonna lose a lot now since TAMU can coerce them to stay in state and still play in the SEC.

Well you used the term morons, so you can see where my confusion crept in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    He's throwing WRs open & protecting them.

ULM.

GO Cocks! Go Cocks!
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR CH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC (Blew)

Quote Originally Posted by samcollett View Post
    TAMU will be good, but it'll take a few years to get a solid recruiting base there. We get a lot of those prospects at LSU, and we're gonna lose a lot now since TAMU can coerce them to stay in state and still play in the SEC.
    ^THIS^ although I wouldn't say a lot, but some for sure.

We get a frighteningly large amount of athletes (in all sports) from Texas at LSU. I'm a first year at LSU Law now, and was here all through undergrad as well. The requirements that UT Austin puts on its incoming freshmen are insane. It's something crazy...like only the top 10% of graduating seniors are even considered to admission into UT Austin. So, a lot of those athletes that can't get into UT Austin come over here to LSU. Now, TAMU has an awesome recruiting pitch. "Come to TAMU, where you can stay in state and still play in the SEC!" = mucho prospects. They're gonna leech from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State too. This will also free up a lot of their endowment used for athletic scholarships, because they're not having to cover the cost of out of state tuition. I think TAMU is gonna be pretty scary in 5-6 years. Until then though, God help them hah. Especially with LSU being their "rivalry game."
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

We get a frighteningly large amount of athletes (in all sports) from Texas at LSU.
    Well out of the 99 players listed on the ESPN Roster(LSU Football), I only see 11 From Texas ...

We get a frighteningly large amount of athletes (in all sports) from Texas at LSU. I'm a first year at LSU Law now, and was here all through undergrad as well. The requirements that UT Austin puts on its incoming freshmen are insane. It's something crazy...like only the top 10% of graduating seniors are even considered to admission into UT Austin. So, a lot of those athletes that can't get into UT Austin come over here to LSU. Now, TAMU has an awesome recruiting pitch. "Come to TAMU, where you can stay in state and still play in the SEC!" = mucho prospects. They're gonna leech from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State too. This will also free up a lot of their endowment used for athletic scholarships, because they're not having to cover the cost of out of state tuition. I think TAMU is gonna be pretty scary in 5-6 years. Until then though, God help them hah. Especially with LSU being their "rivalry game."

I know, I was just saying.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

I'm still questionable on how good the teams will do in the SEC. I mean Arkansas moved into the SEC in the early 90's and still have yet to win a sec championship. They have been competitive every few years or so.
    If TAMU or Mizz. want to be competitive they better embrace that it's a defensive league and focus on tightening up that aspect of their game. I do look forward to watching them play, it's always good to get new members with different style play. I think is was good moves for the teams and the SEC.
    HRCH DRAKE