The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Why not just look at Saban vs Miles since that's more relevant than records that have nothing to do with either.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ny-other-coach
    I think it's pretty clear why he has had success against Saban. Look at all the talent in LA and the talent they can get to LSU. LSU is one of the premier teams in the country these days. Any decent coach could have great success down there. IMO.
    HRCH DRAKE

Only Wednesday and I am already losing sleep concerned with what I will cook for the game. I am leaning towards a fresh squirrel and rabbit gumbo with Andouville sausage served over popcorn rice and garlic bread.

How's that sound?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Only Wednesday and I am already losing sleep concerned with what I will cook for the game. I am leaning towards a fresh squirrel and rabbit gumbo with Andouville sausage served over popcorn rice and garlic bread.

How's that sound?
    I had the same conversation with my game watching buddies earlier. But it sounds like you got it figured out! Send some of that to NE Bama!!
    HRCH DRAKE

Quote Originally Posted by TDB87 View Post
    I had the same conversation with my game watching buddies earlier. But it sounds like you got it figured out! Send some of that to NE Bama!!
    Saturday, I helped out the local club and co-judged a Q all the while thinking I wanted to go squirrel shooting with my .22
    On the short ride home I called a buddy and asked him about a piece of hardwoods near his home. He told me the kids had shot all the squirrels a couple of weeks ago but I was welcomed to see if one survived. So, I was there for daybreak Sunday monring. At 7:15am I saw one grooming himself at the very top of a tree. I put the crosshairs on him and he made a big thump when he hit the ground. Then, one barked behind me at 15 yards and I nailed him too. Walked 30 yards down the tree line and saw two chasing one another. Placed the crosshair on him and pop! The other took refuge behind the tree and a few minutes later I saw it peaking at me from the backside of an oak. He too was soon on the ground and that went on till around 9am when I had my limit of eight.

Last weekend I went on a dove shoot in Pickens County, Alabama. We wouldn't be heading to the dove field until 1pm so on the drive up Friday, I called an old friend from Aliceville that met me at 8am with his three Basset Hounds. We shot two limits of rabbits by noon!

Squirrel and rabbit gumbo is whats for dinner gametime!
    Last edited by Franco; 10-31-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Saturday, I helped out the local club and co-judged a Q all the while thinking I wanted to go squirrel shooting with my .22
    On the short ride home I called a buddy and asked him about a piece of hardwoods near his home. He told me the kids had shot all the squirrels a couple of weeks ago but I was welcomed to see if one survived. So, I was there for daybreak Sunday monring. At 7:15am I saw one grooming himself at the very top of a tree. I put the crosshairs on him and he made a big thump when he hit the ground. Then, one barked behind me at 15 yards and I nailed him too. Walked 30 yards down the tree line and saw two chasing one another. Placed the crosshair on him and pop! The other took refuge behind the tree and a few minutes later I saw it peaking at me from the backside of an oak. He too was soon on the ground and that went on till around 9am when I had my limit of eight.

Last weekend I went on a dove shoot in Pickens County, Alabama. We wouldn't be heading to the dove field until 1pm so on the drive up Friday, I called an old friend from Aliceville that met me at 8am with his three Basset Hounds. We shot two limits of rabbits by noon!

Squirrel and rabbit gumbo is whats for dinner gametime!
    very selfish of you to tell us about the dove and not cook them as well. stingy cajun!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    very selfish of you to tell us about the dove and not cook them as well. stingy cajun!
    Wrapped the breast in thick cut bacon and deep fried them a week ago Sunday night

I think it's hard to concentrate on revenge with a 300-pounder trying to take your head off, but otherwise I agree 100%.

I look at it this way;

LSU has the revenge factor as Bama had in the Champ game in January.
    Tigers have more talent at RB than last meeting.
    Both teams have awesome O and D lines with the D line edge to LSU.
    Maybe a better QB then last season, a lot to be seen or not seen yet.
    LSU Beer
    and Death Valley at night!

Alright, I couldn't get any takers on the ND / Oklahoma game.

I'll put up a couple slabs of KC ribs and fixings on Alabama if one of you Cajuns will put up some crawfish for a boil come next spring on your Tigers?

Don
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

KC ribs? Puhlease. The ribs we do are far superior.

Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post
    Alright, I couldn't get any takers on the ND / Oklahoma game.

I'll put up a couple slabs of KC ribs and fixings on Alabama if one of you Cajuns will put up some crawfish for a boil come next spring on your Tigers?

Don
    How about if Bama wins, I wear a Kansas City Chiefs shirt for a day and post a photo of it on this thread and if LSU wins, you do the same?