The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 88 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 GDG

Looks like the Auburn job is going to open...no surprise....quite a few SEC jobs open and up for grabs..Arkansas, Tenn. Auburn, Kentucky...Does Gruden take one of them ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Maybe in south bend...they have a seventy point loss coming in about 45 days.
    Really? ND number one. D2 maybe. Yeah I am an SEC guy but who can seriously say ND is number one or really stands a chance of beating any of the top five teams?
    When Sam Jankovich was AD at Miami that was their mantra - a couple of patsies - a good team - then a couple of more patsies - then a good team - a couple of more patsies - a good team & eventually you are considered a powerhouse . Then you get a good coach like Jimmie Johnson & he legitimizes what is being done - from there it's all downhill . Any one on this forum think ND could go through any of the major conferences with the record they have - I think we would be looking at a 2 to 3 loss record - SEC, Little 10, Big 12 (short a few teams) or PAC 12 - I personally hope it is a 70 point loss, the preening of their Heisman candidate linebacker got a little sickening.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Looks like the Auburn job is going to open...no surprise....quite a few SEC jobs open and up for grabs..Arkansas, Tenn. Auburn, Kentucky...Does Gruden take one of them ?
    Why would he - he's well respected where he is & has about the best gig in sportsdom.

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Why would he - he's well respected where he is & has about the best gig in sportsdom.
    I agree but guys like Gruden are wired differently from the rest of us, maybe it is ego, maybe it is boredom. The talk about his returning to coaching may just be sports talk chatter but Chucky has a dynamic personality and I am surprised he hasn't been lured back to coaching. If our idiot owner JJ would step aside and give him the reins all of us would be happy including Gruden!

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I agree but guys like Gruden are wired differently from the rest of us, maybe it is ego, maybe it is boredom. The talk about his returning to coaching may just be sports talk chatter but Chucky has a dynamic personality and I am surprised he hasn't been lured back to coaching. If our idiot owner JJ would step aside and give him the reins all of us would be happy including Gruden!
    As an owner he is not bad - as a GM he sucks - IMO - but he let Jimmie Johnson get away so that tells you a lot!! It's tough to see a franchise be managed into the ground but yours is not the only one, if that's any consolation - is there a dearth of talent at those heights or is it folks afraid to make a real decision? Peter Principle anyone ?

Marvin S

Gruden's personality fits perfectly for CFB...it wears thin on high paid NFL instant millionaire prima donnas...could you imagine him recruiting him your kid after Nick Saban comes in, flashing that Super Bowl ring, and looking like that Chucky doll character...I think he would jump at the chance to go head to head against Nick and the Hat @ LSU..Gruden is a football gym rat, he is still a very young guy who is hip enough to relate to the high school/college recruit...

If by some chance the Oregon job comes open if Kelly goes to the NFL, Gruden would Just Do It with Nike

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    How's this sound now?
    Chick-fil-A /Clemson vs. LSU

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ls/predictions
    No chance again. Say it with me. Capital One or Cotton. Doesn't that feel better?

Surely Les had a better use for his time, the outcome was predetermined, only the final score was in doubt
    Actually Les Miles said he was going to watch every snap of that Game where AUB was tied or in the lead.

So I guess he switched the channel after the coin toss

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    the preening of their Heisman candidate linebacker got a little sickening.
    It's actually pretty sad. The dudes good, but Heisman material?...a stretch I think.

Well the line on the Bama vs UGA game just came out....Crimson Tide minus 8 points: over/under at 51

expect both numbers to move later after they open to the public

Sorry, I thought LSU fans (and particularly Les Miles) would have been watching to figure out how to beat *uburn worse than 12-10.

You cannot throw bait like that right in front of my face and expect me not to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Pretty sure only Bama fans and Les Miles watched the Iron Bowl, so with no video it's going to be hard to say.