The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Officials

Default Replacement Officials

Of those of you that watched NFL football this weekend how do you think they looked in the games you actually watched (not just the highlights) compared to the officiating you typically see? I saw all of the Vikings/Jaguars game and segments of a few others and they looked equal to or better than what I saw last year, just wondering what others are seeing.

it was BAD today.
    I mean....
    how do you screw up the 2-min warning?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

looks like the "pick" play is very much in vogue amongst NFL receivers, saw it executed in more than a few games (Pack vs 49ers) (Saints vs Skins) and was never called
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The NFL owners only made 9 Billion in profit last year and they can't give the Refs a raise?

The replacements are horrible!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

The replacement refs are not good.
    Stan b & Elvis

I remember some bad officiating by the regular officials as well. Ed Hochuli comes to mind. Did these temps change the outcome of any games?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    ...... Did these temps change the outcome of any games?

you think the cowgirls coulda beat my giants at home without um?
    the non-call and ball placement changed the hole flow of the game.
    that, and no ground game gave Dallas that win.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    you think the cowgirls coulda beat my giants at home without um?
    the non-call and ball placement changed the hole flow of the game.
    that, and no ground game gave Dallas that win.
    Yes I do. Dallas outplayed them for a change. What call are you talking about? I just read two articles (Bloomberg and NBC) about the officiating in that game. Both were very complimentary about the officiating in that game except for a missed pass interference call. That happens with the regular officials.

I did notice that one official used the wrong hand signal for delay of game penalty early on. Did that cost the Giants the game?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

There were several calls that were questionable, but hardly so awful that I would have 'wished' for the so-called "regulars". They have made PLENTY miscues...and certainly aren't to be put on a pedestal.

What I noticed mostly, was the 'slowness' of throwing the flag, like they needed to mull over what they had seen before they could make a decision. Not sure that's all bad, but Collingsworth was almost apoplectic about it.

I did get a kick out of the Stillers attempt to throw the red coaches flag...all it cost them was a lost time out.

The call that COULD have had implications for turning around the score, was the hit in the back during a punt return that was flagged and then "picked up", with the result of that play being a TD. But in the end, it didn't matter, since the Skins took it to the Saints, in a pretty entertaining game.

After not being a huge Payton Manning fan I was still happy to see him back to playing with no obvious pain or disability. I'm sure he has worked hard to rehab and return to playing form. It was good to watch how well his team responded and seemed to be on the same page with him when he went to running the offense with no hudle. That was also an entertaining game.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Since the regular refs are on strike, but the players union is not honoring the strike how do they expect to get their demands met? Are there other unions supporting them?

Terri