The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago teachers on strike

Default Chicago teachers on strike

oh the irony....

didnt BHO vow to walk the picket line with them.....that is except in an election year...

lets see how Rahmbo handles this one....

unfortunately the real losers in this case are the kids
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

There is no appeasement for unionistas...no amount of increased wages is ever enough!

While everyone is gingerly walking around the problem, and attempting to 'seperate' the unions from the teachers, I'd just submit that it isn't ONLY the union officials carrying those picket signs, and lambasting the press with their vitriol, just like it wasn't only union officials that crowded and trashed the capitol building in Madison, Wisconsin.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

If I were only getting a 16% raise to a base pay to what is one of the highest pay scales in the country, I'd be hissed too. What's really funny is that Rahm Emanuel has to deal with it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    .................................................. ...What's really funny is that Rahm Emanuel has to deal with it.
    I chuckled when I saw that. You had the same reaction that I had.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Since 1970 the US student population has increased 8.5% while the number of folks servicing that population, educationwise, has increased 100%. There was no discussion of the increases in costs in the article. All you have to do is look at the result - & UB, I agree with you, those supposed intellectual giants are carrying those signs of their own free will .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

And they want to keep their current health care coverage. No obama care for them!!

I wish Emanuel would handle this the way Reagan handled the ATC. My guess is that there are plenty of teachers willing to relocate for the current levels of compensation. They would have to live in Chicago tho.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

I'm sure they are just doing this for the kids though........
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I wish Emanuel would handle this the way Reagan handled the ATC. My guess is that there are plenty of teachers willing to relocate for the current levels of compensation. They would have to live in Chicago tho.
    There is a precedent in the education field - The teachers in Hortonville WI went on strike though there was a no strike clause in effect. The School Board gave them 2 days to return & when they did not fired them all. The firing stuck - does anyone believe that the children would get any less if there were replacements? I for one don't. Many years ago the Seattle teachers struck & gained a perceived victory - our teachers were feeling their oats in negotiations & came to the School Board meeting en masse with "Seattle Did" buttons on (buttons made for them by one of the principals, a supposed member of management). As Chair of the board at the time someone had alerted me to their protest so I showed up with a home made "Hortonville Did" button. This caused quite a stir among the staff & there was no strike nor threat of one since. They were never sure of where I stood but were sure I would follow the law - WA has a no strike law.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

This problem has been solved here in WI.

Thank you Governor Walker!!!
    Stan b & Elvis