The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where was everyone 11 yrs ago today on 9/11?

Default Where was everyone 11 yrs ago today on 9/11?

I was driving to work and did a u-turn to go home when I heard the news on the radio. Went home to be with my wife and called my family to be sure everyone was ok. From that day on life has changed for me. Lost someone I knew in the towers.

I was in a meeting at work, when someone came in and said a plane had flown into the WTC. I remember thinking, "why would someone do that"? We all thought it was just some little Cessna or something....until of course we got a call from our office in L.I. - They could see the Towers smoking and some of them saw the second plane hit. Someone got a TV hooked up and we watched it all day....I just remember being so sad for weeks after that.....Then mad and still mad.

Earlene

Wow do I remember that day.
    I was actually in the air as a passenger on a test flight for a New Jersey State Police helicopter we were working on. Pilots got the call, quickly dropped us off at our base in PA and they high tailed it back to NJ to get on scene. A no fly was put into effect for awhile but several NJSP and Port Authority NY/NJ aircraft dropped in to our place for maintenance.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Banned

I was training dogs when some clients showed up and told me the news.

Angie

I was in the office and saw the news on I think Drudge. We then turned on a TV and watched the second plane...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

SHR Kerrybrook's Trollady Hero With Fire
    SHR Kelrobin Trollady's Murphy CGC

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
    Hunters Safety Instructor

I was still living with my parents at the time and for some reason they left the tv on when they left. i was listening to CDs getting ready for work so didn't hear anything. On my way out I turned the tv off but noticed some coverage of the plane flying into the tower (not sure if replay or live). I thought maybe it was the anniversary of the Empire State Buidling collision and just went on with my day. Didn't think anything of it until i got into work (call center environement) and none of the phones were ringing and nobody was talking on a call.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

I was in 10th grade in Alma, MO in a social studies class, the teacher got a call from someone at the beginning of class and turned on the tv and we watched it the rest of the hour til school was dismissed early. It was the day I decided I was going to be a soldier
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

7th grade in my mom's English class. Principal came to door and relayed news. Mom started crying and we had no idea what was going on. We went to the auditorium and basically watched the news for the rest of the day.

Haven't experienced the same feeling I had that day since, and hope I never do again.
    "This is for everybody in this city who's had homes that used to be wet," he said after receiving the NFC championship trophy. "This is for the city of New Orleans." -Sean Payton

I walked into work, and a co-worker said "They bombed New York!" What? I replied. "They bombed the World Trade Center!" Who bombed the WTC, I asked. I couldn't get a straight answer that made any sense, so we listened to the radio all morning as we worked. It was sobering. It's amazing how quickly our nation forgets the original bombing of the WTC, the bombing of the USS Cole, the bombing of the Beirut Marine barracks, the 9/11/01 attacks, etc. I'm not a Bush fan, but he acted. Bill Clinton didn't. The UN talks a big game, but does nothing. We need men of character and virtue, men of action and resolve in public office, who aren't afraid to take the fight to the enemy when the need arises. Some say that Bush lied about WMD's in Iraq, but I seem to recall that everybody thought they had them. I do know they were launching SCUD missiles at Israel. If they did nothing else, that was justification enough for me.
    El Matavenados

I was at work, my stepson was at school, my wife and 2 day old son were sleeping at the hospital. some of us will never forget for sure
    proud member of AVMA for 20 years