The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Under attack in Lilbia and Egypt at least one American dead

Joe Scarborough (Republican) defended the official statements, saying they were not "sympathizing", but just expression of religious tolerance, which is our American value. Does seem that there is more religious tolerance for some relgiions than others. Seems we are more tolerant of a religion that threatens violence than those who don't. Is that the definition of extortion?

I'm not in favor of beating war drums over this ... just close all those embassies and tell Americans to leave those countries because they are not safe. If the embassy is not safe, how can any individuals be safe there?

Might as well cut off the foreign aid, since it has not proven to be enough "tribute" to keep the embassies safe from violence.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

President Obama's arrogance was on display this week, for all the world to see. He was flabbergasted to discover that Muslims have not been won over by endless apologies and bowing a scraping before Islamic royalty....stunned that Libyans were not grovelingly grateful that we had “liberated” their country from Muammar Gaddafi.
    “We came, we saw, he died,” gloated Sec of State Clinton.
    Obama, too, has made a spectacle of himself, repeatedly, publicly bragging that he killed Osama bin Laden. He bragged, too that He, and only He, was in charge of the government’s “kill list,” containing the names of Islamist terrorists that are targeted for death.
    It seems never to have occurred to this egotistical moron that such statements in public, by high government officials, just might “offend” a few million zealous Muslims, all over the world? Did it not occur to him that half the people in Libya were loyal supporters of Gaddafi, and just might, somewhere down the road, retaliate? Apparently not.
    Nor did it occur to these criminally negligent overseers of the safety of not just Americans at home, but of our citizens serving in our embassies and consulates abroad, that after all this provocation, the anniversary of 9/11 just might be an appropriate time for heightened security that included at least giving our security personnel ammunition for their weapons. The Fraud in the White House has been far too busy playing golf and doing fundraisers with “celebrities” for His collapsing campaign to attend even half of the daily intelligence briefings.
    So, combined with His cock-sure belief He knows more than anyone else about everything, it comes as no surprise that He was caught flat-footed.
    The upshot is that the Obama Administration’s Middle East Policy – calling pandering and floundering, and selling out our allies a policy, is, I admit, a stretch – the upshot is that it has failed utterly and completely. It‘s a smoking ruin of consulates and embassies in a dozen Muslim counties, many of which had “Arab Spring” uprisings, supported by Obama and a whole lot of other Democrats who are now tellingly silent, with participants that have now turned their violent attentions toward us. All that remains to create a perfect maelstrom is for Iran, in alliance with Obama’s pals in the Muslim Brotherhood, to launch a nuke at Jerusalem, the capital of Israel that the Democrat Conventioneers refused to recognize, setting off what could easily turn into World War III.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

If I wanted to vote for the person that killed Bin Laden I would vote for a Navy Seal
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

A statement from Rand Paul:
    The system of foreign aid is broken.

You know it, I know it, and 80-90% of the American people know it.

As you are aware, we send billions of dollars each year to Pakistan, Egypt, and Libya.
    Meanwhile, Pakistan continues to detain and torture Dr. Afridi, the man who helped us kill Osama bin Laden.
    And now Egypt and Libya refuse to protect our embassies from radical jihadists, which resulted in the death of four Americans including Christopher Stevens, U.S. Ambassador to Libya.

They show us contempt as they cash our checks.

I will not stand by and watch as billions of our taxpayer dollars go to countries that disrespect us.
    That's why I've introduced a bill to cut ALL foreign aid to Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan.

And I'm prepared to tie up the US Senate with every procedural trick in the book until there is an up-or-down vote -- even if it means SHUTTING DOWN the Federal Government!
    Might not be exactly what the current administration might want in the headlines with not many weeks preceding the election.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

Might not be exactly what the current administration might want in the headlines with not many weeks preceding the election.
    I'm with Rand Paul on this one...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

I hope 100% of the republican party back him, we'll see which side they are on, I'm not holding my breath.

If its the vote they took yesterday it already was defeated.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

This video is on you tube the WH asked them to review it , they did and decided not to remove it Good for them
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-17-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Rand Paul's bill in the Senate proposes removing all foreign aid to Egypt, Libya, and Pakistan, $4 billion, and putting those funds toward deficit reduction.

Reason there was nobody at the Egyptian embassy: Egyptian govt had advance warning of the planned demonstration, and alerted the embassy ... but did nothing to prevent damage or protect the property or personnel at the embassy. At least the US staff was smart enough to leave before the fireworks started.

Rand made this statement:
    The old tongue-in-check saying describes American foreign aid as a system that steals from the poor in rich countries to give to the rich in poor countries.
    Sort of sounds like the UN, too.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Egypt issues arrest warrants for the anti islam film maker, US pastor, and 6 others they want them tried under sharia law