The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Under attack in Lilbia and Egypt at least one American dead

Well, yesterday the WH said that the Libyan violence was a terrorist act after all ... while Obama was still saying, on Letterman that night, that it was all about the video. Lack of communication there? Betcha there were more people listening to Letterman than to Carney.

However, Carney is still not saying it was pre-planned ... duh? was my general impression that a terrorist act required some pre-planning by its very nature.

I can't remember, correct me if I'm wrong, when a sitting President ever did a late-night talk show gig.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Well, yesterday the WH said that the Libyan violence was a terrorist act after all ... while Obama was still saying, on Letterman that night, that it was all about the video. Lack of communication there? Betcha there were more people listening to Letterman than to Carney.

However, Carney is still not saying it was pre-planned ... duh? was my general impression that a terrorist act required some pre-planning by its very nature.

I can't remember, correct me if I'm wrong, when a sitting President ever did a late-night talk show gig.
    didnt Bill Clinton play saxophone on the Arsenio Hall show....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Somebody better tell bo what they found out about the 9/11 planned attack he shouldnt be the last to know. Will this Pres ever be held accountable for anything? They spent all week telling us it was caused by this film, which we all knew was one big lie. Do you feel safe knowing we were hit again on 9/11 and our President didnt even have the guts to be honest with us because it would make him look bad.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-20-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

The media will allow this to die. If it were a Republican in office, they would be alll over it for weeks on end and it would destroy the incumbent's ability to be re elected.

Our President put our Embassy and everyone in it in harms way...by his works and his words.

One thing I will credit both Bill Clinton and GBush :

They knew they could marginalize BinLaden and others like him. And that was better than killing them.

BHO is a complete fool. He ordered a dying man to be killed, removed the controlling powers in Egypt, and went on bragging about it.

Now he wonders why they chant "Death to America"

genius.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

How safe do you feel knowing we had another terror attack, 4 Americans killed and he lied to us. I guess if more had been killed maybe he would have said something. Hes so afraid of losing this election that he will stand up and LIE to us. They are burning his figure in the streets, chanting death to Obama and he cannot admit that his policies are not working, that after all we have done, all the money we have given they hate us and will kill us any chance they get. WE could have been hit again and we were unprepared because we were told its nothing just some people upset over a movie. WRONG!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I understand that France is withdrawing its personnel from embassies 20 ME countries as a result of threats over a "blasphemous" cartoon published in France.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

France is about to expose the fact that cartoons, videos, etc produced in other countries do not incite violence.

Presidents mocking and bragging about killing one of their leaders does.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Interesting point made in the Rand Paul clip ... in Egypt the E'n govt gave 2 or 3 days' warning that the demonstrations would be taking place. However, their govt did nothing to defend the embassy, like sending govt troops to control the mob.

If something like that were to happen in this country, our govt would do all in its power to protect the foreign embassy of another country. This is what responsible sovereign nations do.

Morsi was willing to sound the alarm, essentially, "Get the heck out of there!" but was not willing to offend his political base by protecting the embassy property. In a way you have to give him credit for his fancy footwork on that, politically speaking.

The fella in Libya was not nearly as spry in his maneuvers ... or he didn't want to be? Evidently, the embassy in Benghezi is welll known not to be as secure as the main embassy in Tripoli. Why would Stevens have been going to Benghezi if there was any warning of what might happen there? Where was the intelligence? Then he was actually separated from his official security detail, and the ex-SEALS, who were not assigned to actually protecting Stevens, picked up the slack when they saw the situation developing. They were assigned to some form of security duties, but not specifically to personal protection for Stevens.

I haven't heard what finally transpired in Sudan, after the Sudanese govt refused to let the the US send in some Marines to evacuate the embassy there.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Seems that the Romney campaign is being pretty silent today on the "evolution" of the position of the WH on what actually happened in Libya. And the "evolution" has been an about-face on the original statements.

Honestly, this seems like such a bunch of lying that went on for about a week, in an attempt to cover up what appears to be a real botch job ... and then the truth came out. Gist seems to be that nobody in DC who knows anything about foreign affairs ever believed the "story" that was put out there by the WH. Valerie Jarrett must have cooked that foolishness up.

How long can Carney continue to do this Press Secty thing before he ends up in a padded room? Who would ever be willing to take his job if he decided to leave?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Carney admits it was a terrorist attack and the President today in an interview with Univision blames the video. He is clueless