The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is our Spineless President going to do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Begins to make a case for drilling our own oil, and letting the middle east self-destruct.

Wonder how Europe is feeling right now. They supported the rebellion to save their oil supplies ... can't believe those supplies are very reliable under the new order in Libya.
    Let them?? Lets help them... We could do it pretty quickly. And be done with them...
    Bill Davis

What's the solution send twenty thousand troops and occupy Libya for the next 10 years to prove we have a spine? It's a serious question if Romney was in office, besides making the right speech what would you want him to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    What's the solution send twenty thousand troops and occupy Libya for the next 10 years to prove we have a spine? It's a serious question if Romney was in office, besides making the right speech what would you want him to do?
    No... one bomber
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Let them?? Lets help them... We could do it pretty quickly. And be done with them...
    Ok but I want a special income tax say 5% to cover the cost...still want to go war...or is this another one you want on the Amex?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No... one bomber
    That sounds like Iraq...didn't it start by protecting a fly zone....Lockheed couldn't make enough on a few jets flying over.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    Ok but I want a special income tax say 5% to cover the cost...still want to go war...or is this another one you want on the Amex?
    I think the bomb is already paid for... just need the fuel for one sortie...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Back to my original proposal. Now that we know we have extensive energy reserves, walk away from these people.

In all these years the region has not been able to make peace among themselves, even though Islam should bind them together. Since that would have been too simple, they divided Islam into Shiite and Sunni, so they could have a reason to kill those they didn't agree with. It seems perfectly obvious that no "outsider" can accomplish what they couldn't do themselves.

The only glitch is Israel. The Islamic countries might get together long enough to destory Israel.

Then, go back to their infighting. And probably Iran would then gobble them up. That would only give temporary respite, as the rest of the countries would not like being subservient to Persians. Might keep the Iranians busy quelling local revolts. Other countries would not be happy with Iran building nuclear capability. I'm sure they don't trust Iran any more than western countries do.

We should keep our noses out of it. At most, provide Israel with means of self-defense and evacuation for those who wish to do so. They can move back when the rest of the mid-East has self-immolated.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Maybe a problem is best taken care of when you can still take care of it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Guys there were no Marines there.

From what I have been able to find Marines were pulled from there and a few other hot spot Embassy's b/c if something did happen it would be a softer headline to read 'Security Guards' fired upon crowd, then US Marines.

This is why NOW they are sending a couple platoons to secure the area.

There were none there to protect these people, just doens't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Guys there were no Marines there.

From what I have been able to find Marines were pulled from there and a few other hot spot Embassy's b/c if something did happen it would be a softer headline to read 'Security Guards' fired upon crowd, then US Marines.

This is why NOW they are sending a couple platoons to secure the area.

There were none there to protect these people, just doens't make sense.
    It does to Obama.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth