The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assault of US Embassy in Egypt

Default Assault of US Embassy in Egypt

U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement
    September 11, 2012
    The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others
    I wonder what's in the movie that is so offensive?

I'm guessing that there is some significance that this occurred on 9/11.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I wonder what's in the movie that is so offensive?

I'm guessing that there is some significance that this occurred on 9/11.
    The same thing that make them go ballistic when someone supposedly burns a Koran (whether it really happens or not) they are one step removed (barely) from cavemen...
    Bill Davis

Christianity was brutal during The Dark Ages. On a timeline, Islam may still be in its "Dark Ages" now (since it evolved hundreds of years after Christianity.) So, maybe just leave them alone and let nature take its course.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Christianity was brutal during The Dark Ages. On a timeline, Islam may still be in its "Dark Ages" now (since it evolved hundreds of years after Christianity.) So, maybe just leave them alone and let nature take its course.
    I could sort of go along with that as long as they stay completely away from us. In order to do what you suggest, we would have to 1. halt ALL immigration of muslims to the US, & 2. completely free ourselves from middle east oil. Not sure we can accomplish the second anytime soon, and I'm positive we are too PC to take on the first.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Gerry, clear some messages from your PM box and I'll send you a link.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Just send to me directly ... email address is in my signature line.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I could sort of go along with that as long as they stay completely away from us. In order to do what you suggest, we would have to 1. halt ALL immigration of muslims to the US, & 2. completely free ourselves from middle east oil. Not sure we can accomplish the second anytime soon, and I'm positive we are too PC to take on the first.
    Freeing ourselves from the oil is now a possibility with the newly discovered No American reserves. If we put our minds to it, it might not take as long as we think. Yes, we would likely be cutting some corners the environmentalists don't like, but they might cool off a bit as they watch the mid-East burn.

Stopping immigration might be tougher. Not wishing to believe that EVERY Muslim is evil, I would say that background checks would be more careful. For those with evil motives, securing the borders, in general, would also be needed.

It occurs to me that if we saved $ we now dump into the mid-East, and started transition to No American oil, the # of jobs created would be immense. That would create the profits to promote the research and development required to make the "dirty" oil safer for our environment as well.

There may very well be alternative energy sources that could begin replacing fossil fuels, but only enough $ from the private sector ... with motivation to profit ... will allow sufficient funds to be allocated to those pursuits over an extended period of time. Human ingenuity is a limitless resource needing only the investment to yield results. But I truly believe that only capitalist motivation, with large profits to devote to the work, will yield the answers. Govt is just not really good at doing that, NASA notwithstanding.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

They could be burning the libs at the stake and the libs would still be apologizing for the terrorists. Common sense is not so common.
    Bill Davis

Common Sense is so rare today that it should be considered a Super Power.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Our Foreign Policy post WW2 is a major reason we have this situation today. We just love our Interventionist Foreign Policy ways, one that protected the Arab world from the Israelis. They would have pasified the region back then had we stayed out and they would be the Super Power in that region today!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson