The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Chris Stevens

Default Chris Stevens

Like all Americans I am saddened by the lose of Amb. Stevens. The events in Cairo and Bengazi trouble me.

As the son of a career diplomat I have been witness to many troubles. My father was a career diplomat for the SD, (Read CIA, there is little distinction.)
    I grew up in Turkey and visited many duty stations in the 1950's, and 60's. While I did not always travel with my father, I was the junior bartender at the meetings at our house with his deputies. The house was considered more secure because it was easier to sweep than the offices at the embassy.
    I was privvy to conversations I should probably have not been. I learned alot though how our intelligence network operated.
    In regards to the statement released by the Cairo Embassy two days ago, they were in total compliance with their directives.

I'm talking too much, and I have chicken to cook. JD

PS We should honor Amb. Stevens and the work he was doing. Bombing, military strikes should not be considered. Amb. Stevens should be replaced ASAP and his work continued. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 09-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

JD,

I agree with you whole heartedly. The loss of Ambassador Stevens is a tragic loss. I posted this on another thread and will ask this again because I think it is relevant to your post.

Is there a good reason why American Embassies would not be on high alert and on full lock down on the anniversary 9-11???? Especially those Embassies in the Arabic Speaking parts of the world? We let our guard down and we got sucker punched again. I could see us being unprepared for these attacks on any other date but for us to be standing around with our thumb up our arse on 9/11 is inexcusable.

I'm afraid some have already forgotten 9/11, who we fight and why.

RD
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

RD,
    There is no good reason. The chair was empty. Again. Time for a change.

Amanda
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    RD,
    There is no good reason. The chair was empty. Again. Time for a change.

Amanda
    empty suit.jpg

It's time for him to go.
    Bill Davis