The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Only

Default Ladies Only

This is a request for REAL information.... no sucker punch, no "gotcha" moment.... no b.s.

Do any of you feel that there is a War on Women? Do you feel you are paid a lower wage than a man in an equal position?
    I won't go into abortion, but do you feel you are somehow disenfranchised (or that you could be) by those who think abortion is wrong?

I am asking because I just don't see it here.... but it could VERY easily be the area of the country I am in...many things are different in the big city than they are here
    Last edited by ARay11; 09-13-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    This is a request for REAL information.... no sucker punch, no "gotcha" moment.... no b.s.

Do any of you feel that there is a War on Women? Do you feel you are paid a lower wage than a man in an equal position?
    I won't go into abortion, but do you feel you are somehow disenfranchised (or that you could be) by those who think abortion is wrong?

I am asking because I just don't see it here.... but it could VERY easily be the area of the country I am in...many things are different in the big city than they are here
    Not me but women that I know or have known have been paid less than the men doing the same work. One young lady that I know well at this time is being paid less than the men in the company that she works for. Those men probably work less time during the day than she does. More work has been put on her etc. She
    is not like most young people hired today ( her work ethic is very good ). Same work not the same pay in that case.

Another woman that I know was paid less because "she was not the head of a household". She was divorced and her employer was well aware of this. Her husband had decided he wanted a younger woman. So, yes, I do see a war on women in some places in this country. She no longer works for those people.

Abortion does not figure into either of these cases of course.

N.E Oklahoma area.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I don't see a "war on women", but there is inequity in workplace compensation. We also have to accept gender differences, since they are a fact. Only a small percentage of women would be capable of being firemen (sorry, fireperson sounds dumb). It takes a certain amount of physical strength that women don't generally have. For those who do, the opportunity should not be denied.

It is also a fact that women were "designed" to have the babies. If they don't want to have a baby, then they have great motivation to use birth control. Birth control was not always readily available, but the pill has now been around over 50 years. With the availability and acceptability of birth control, if you're too dumb to use it, maybe you shouldn't reproduce?

I don't see abortion as "birth control." I can accept early-stage abortion for rape, incest, and danger to the mother. I have mixed feelings about other reasons for abortion, when birth control is so available and inexpensive. Third trimester abortions? I don't think I can deal with that. There would have to be a very good reason, like life of the mother ... and if the baby survives the abortion there is no way I can accept not saving that baby.

IF (notice capitals) there is a "war on women", it is not partisan ... think about it ... it would be all men, regardless of party. Men will usually be more careful to use different language when women are present. Men have traditionally been the "hunters"; then the primary wage-earners; the partner with more physical strength.

Men view women differently than they do other men. Why not? They ARE different. Studies have proven than men and women have different operation physically in their brains; in the way they talk and hear. Some of this is probably related to different hormones.

I think God had a great idea when he made two sexes
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

After many conversations with my wife. She was unaware of the war on women. She is treated no different than her male coworkers. The war on women is just another grab at creating something that does not exist. BC is a choice, so is not having sex, so are annual exams. Same pay for same work, that is really hard to answer, Same degree,same experience,same everything then pay should be equal if it isnt then pay should be different regardless of sex.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Theres no war on women under Obama there is a war on everyone.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I don't see a "war on women", but there is inequity in workplace compensation. We also have to accept gender differences, since they are a fact. Only a small percentage of women would be capable of being firemen (sorry, fireperson sounds dumb). It takes a certain amount of physical strength that women don't generally have. For those who do, the opportunity should not be denied.

It is also a fact that women were "designed" to have the babies. If they don't want to have a baby, then they have great motivation to use birth control. Birth control was not always readily available, but the pill has now been around over 50 years. With the availability and acceptability of birth control, if you're too dumb to use it, maybe you shouldn't reproduce?

I don't see abortion as "birth control." I can accept early-stage abortion for rape, incest, and danger to the mother. I have mixed feelings about other reasons for abortion, when birth control is so available and inexpensive. Third trimester abortions? I don't think I can deal with that. There would have to be a very good reason, like life of the mother ... and if the baby survives the abortion there is no way I can accept not saving that baby.

IF (notice capitals) there is a "war on women", it is not partisan ... think about it ... it would be all men, regardless of party. Men will usually be more careful to use different language when women are present. Men have traditionally been the "hunters"; then the primary wage-earners; the partner with more physical strength.

Men view women differently than they do other men. Why not? They ARE different. Studies have proven than men and women have different operation physically in their brains; in the way they talk and hear. Some of this is probably related to different hormones.

I think God had a great idea when he made two sexes
    I agree mostly with Gerry.

Typically, women are not as assertive so that could be some of the wage differences (squeaky wheel gets the oil).

As far as abortion, while its not an option I would use or is right for me, its not my place to tell you what is right for you. I don't walk in your shoes and you don't walk in mine.

WRL

Senior Member Lesa Cozens Dauphin's Avatar

I also mostly agree with Gerry.

I have always worked outside the home, but my focus was on my family, not my "career". I enjoy my job, always have, but it does not define me. I took care of payroll for years and quickly learned if you always worry about what the other guy is making you will never be happy. There is always going to be someone that you feel doesn't earn what they get.

As for women and their reproductive rights, I think to each their own. I will do what is right for me and expect others to do what is right for them, without each of us telling the other what to do.

lesa c
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers

Having spent many years working in both payroll and HR I can't say that women are not in most cases given equal pay for equal work. I'm including experience, qualifications and performance.
    If anything I think women with kids get away with a heck of alot in the workplace compared to those who don't.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

I am repeating myself since I said this on another thread. But whenever a man (or organization) tries to sell a woman a line about how good it will be if she just surrenders her autonomy... the implicit promise is that he'll still "respect you in the morning."

There's no NEW war on women. It's the same old deal. Baby, you need me. It'll be so good for you. I'll take care of you.

Nothing new under the sun.

I am not sure if I would call it a war, But I am aware of women who get less pay for the same job a man does.

I also have seen women with kids get away with much more than than other both men and women without kids.

And it really pisses me off that a bunch of men think it is OK to tell me and my doctor what medical procedures I have to have.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.