The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies Only

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    I am repeating myself since I said this on another thread. But whenever a man (or organization) tries to sell a woman a line about how good it will be if she just surrenders her autonomy... the implicit promise is that he'll still "respect you in the morning."

There's no NEW war on women. It's the same old deal. Baby, you need me. It'll be so good for you. I'll take care of you.

Nothing new under the sun.
    You got it right. This is why I married my husband...........I never heard any of this stuff from him. And I told him........."Never raise your hand to me etc. because it will never be safe for you to eat or to sleep in this home again". We understood each other !!!!!!!! 55 years this month. No lies, no promises you can't keep.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Pam... it isn't right to tell a woman and her doctor what procedures (or meds) she can have. On the other hand, the notion of rationing health care seems hunky dory to progressives. So, no... you shouldn't have to wait for a D and C, but neither should I be told I can't have my hip replaced when I decide the chronic pain is too much to live with.

Progressives promise full autonomy between you and your Ob-Gyn, but promote the notion that a centralized bureaucracy can decide everything else. Do you remember anyone opining that old people should just take "the blue pill" and be made comfortable as they approach the (presumed) end? Did you know if you're a citizen of the UK and arthritic... tough nobs. No joint replacement for you.

Oh, and Pam... when I had my knees replaced, I didn't ask the taxpayer to take care of it. I got a job that had adequate health insurance and paid my deductible and co-pay.

I don't see a "war on women" in the work place. Just the opposite. I see a good portion of women wanting all the perks, all the money, they want the family, the family leave (paid of course), the promotions, etc etc. But they also want the door held open for them when they leave the lunch that the man paid for and they don't want their own feet held to to the fire if the project at work blows up in their faces.

I also see it in social problems. There are no men's shelters and I know a number of men who have been beaten up by their partners. My girlfriends brother was routinely beaten up by his partner (female). When the police arrived he went to jail even though he was the one who was bleeding and bruised.

Equality means that - equal.

By the way, I make more money than a couple of men at my company that do the same job. I also make less than some of the men that do the same job. What does it mean? It has nothing to do with talent because one of the new guys is paid a fortune. It means the company got away with cheating some of the staff because they could. It also means that a number of us (men and women) are looking for a new employer.

Very insightful post, Leslie. We do tend to forget the impact of affirmative action in this regard. In larger companies, who have "deep pockets", they can attempt to over-compensate lest they be sued over perceived discrimination.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

One does raise the eyebrow when crazy abortion laws arise (i.e. you can't abort the baby based on gender or race....ummm, ok, or you are required to have a very invasive US first) and you watch all the male republicans vote for it and the female democrats vote against it.

Then you see on the news a male republican claiming that women who are legitimately raped cannot get pregnant.

In high school they made a show of sitting the girls in the front row for standardized testing and the boys in the back on the basis that girls get stressed out and perform poorly when they see the boys finish first. Well, I smoked them all in time and grades!

Had a guy tell me that he didn't think women could handle being president. Still that BS floating around.

Have personally felt discriminated at work based on gender. Thank goodness not working there anymore.

Know a girl who had a tubal pregnancy that would not be deliverable full term. Because of strict abortion laws had to drive out of state for an abortion. The baby could have killed her when it grew large enough.

Get sick and tired of people making comments about women who are 'too willing to open their legs' while forgetting that it takes two to tango. Also for people implying that people on birth control are just sleeping around. I know many people in committed, married relationships who are smart and waiting to be financially stable before having children or who just do not want. Good for them. If you don't want children, don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSail View Post
    One does raise the eyebrow when crazy abortion laws arise (i.e. you can't abort the baby based on gender or race....ummm, ok, or you are required to have a very invasive US first) and you watch all the male republicans vote for it and the female democrats vote against it. Since when are ultrasounds invasive...I have heard the term invasive used with ultrasounds a lot lately and it is ridiculous. If can't abort a baby based on gender or race is crazy laws then I feel extremely sorry for you.

Then you see on the news a male republican claiming that women who are legitimately raped cannot get pregnant. This is not at all what he was saying. Many times the stress and trauma from being raped WILL cause the pregnancy to terminate. This is fact. He wasn't trying to say it was impossible or when it does happen it is somehow no longer sad.

In high school they made a show of sitting the girls in the front row for standardized testing and the boys in the back on the basis that girls get stressed out and perform poorly when they see the boys finish first. Well, I smoked them all in time and grades!

Had a guy tell me that he didn't think women could handle being president. Still that BS floating around.

Have personally felt discriminated at work based on gender. Thank goodness not working there anymore.

Know a girl who had a tubal pregnancy that would not be deliverable full term. Because of strict abortion laws had to drive out of state for an abortion. The baby could have killed her when it grew large enough. Thank god she went to a different state to murder her child?

Get sick and tired of people making comments about women who are 'too willing to open their legs' while forgetting that it takes two to tango. Also for people implying that people on birth control are just sleeping around. I know many people in committed, married relationships who are smart and waiting to be financially stable before having children or who just do not want. Good for them. If you don't want children, don't have them. It takes two to tango but then people only want to allow woman have a say on murdering children and let the fathers have no say at all. The murder of children should never be allowed but to then say that if the father wants the baby too bad is ridiculous.
    My Comments in red above. I think if anything in America there is a war on white males not any of the so called discriminated minorities....

Sounds like you are lacking in your education. Because abortions are performed early it is not possible to see anything with a regular ultrasound. Many bills were supported recently for trans-vaginal ultra sounds where they insert a probe up womens' private parts in order to get a picture. And I do think it extremely ridiculous that our government is wasting its time writing meaningless law. The man who supported the race/gender abortion bill in my state admitted that it wasn't a problem. So while we have many things that are problems that need addressed people are spending their time and money on something that not only isn't a problem, but how are you seriously going to be able to prosecute someone for something like that? Seriously? At the same time all of these ridiculous abortion laws that are being written are making it difficult for women who legitimately need need an abortion.

And I guess you think it is a shame that this girl did not die along with that baby due to the ectopic pregnancy. The baby would not have lived either way, but by condemning the act you would allow both to die. Like that poor girl in the Dominican Republic who could not receive treatment for her cancer because she was pregnant. Guess what? They BOTH died. At least one of them might have lived...

And do you have any data to support your claim that most women will not get pregnant from rape or are you just blowing smoke?

Did you know Kansas passed law this past March requiring women be told if they have an abortion they are at increased risk of breast cancer...but there is NO medical evidence to support this claim?

My personal feeling is if you want to lower abortions effort is better spend educating people. JMO. I do think it is a terrible thing, but at the same time there are legit reasons and that is should be a personal, private decision between both partners. Passing oppressive/stupid laws wastes time and money that could be better spent on more important concerns like the economy, health care, etc. It also makes it more difficult for those who need it to obtain it.
    Last edited by GoldenSail; 09-18-2012 at 03:11 PM.

I think that there are many women who still get paid less than men when doing the same job. Other than that, I see no "war on women".

I believe that this is a term coined by Democrats to woo votes from women.

Makes me think about the woman who likes getting Obama money from his stash.

Helen
    Don's girls:
    FC AFC Flyway's Ruby B. Gonia - a Carbon daughter and now a grandma (my avatar)
    AFC Flyway's Long Tall Sally - Ruby's daughter
    Flyway's Iron Lady (Maggie) - Ruby's granddaughter. Maggie's the new puppy in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSail View Post
    Sounds like you are lacking in your education. Because abortions are performed early it is not possible to see anything with a regular ultrasound. Many bills were supported recently for trans-vaginal ultra sounds where they insert a probe up womens' private parts in order to get a picture. And I do think it extremely ridiculous that our government is wasting its time writing meaningless law. The man who supported the race/gender abortion bill in my state admitted that it wasn't a problem. So while we have many things that are problems that need addressed people are spending their time and money on something that not only isn't a problem, but how are you seriously going to be able to prosecute someone for something like that? Seriously? At the same time all of these ridiculous abortion laws that are being written are making it difficult for women who legitimately need need an abortion.

I would venture to say that a VERY small portion of the abortions that would fall outside of the "plan b" pill are in a period of time where you can see nothing considering you can see the baby at around 6 weeks. Supported trans-vaginal ultrasounds != required.

And I guess you think it is a shame that this girl did not die along with that baby due to the ectopic pregnancy. The baby would not have lived either way, but by condemning the act you would allow both to die. Like that poor girl in the Dominican Republic who could not receive treatment for her cancer because she was pregnant. Guess what? They BOTH died. At least one of them might have lived...
    I find it very sad that you support someone selfish enough to kill their baby instead of risking all including their own life for their baby.

And do you have any data to support your claim that most women will not get pregnant from rape or are you just blowing smoke?

This was read in a biology book for college. I will look for it and give you page numbers when I get home tonight if you like. But again you either do not have sufficient reading comprehension or you twisting words to attempt to prove your point but I never once said that most women will not get pregnant from rape. I said many times the pregnancy will terminate on its own. Usually within the first few weeks. This is not most of the time and no one except you said so...

Did you know Kansas passed law this past March requiring women be told if they have an abortion they are at increased risk of breast cancer...but there is NO medical evidence to support this claim?

Both sides of this argument may be stretching. Breast feeding / having children reduces the risk of breast cancer which is where not having a baby would be an increased risk.

My personal feeling is if you want to lower abortions effort is better spend educating people. JMO. I do think it is a terrible thing, but at the same time there are legit reasons and that is should be a personal, private decision between both partners. Passing oppressive/stupid laws wastes time and money that could be better spent on more important concerns like the economy, health care, etc. It also makes it more difficult for those who need it to obtain it.

There is absolutely zero reason to kill your own child...period.

Again, in red.............

Since this thread has turned into a debate about abortions, I'll add;

Abortions did not begin with Roe vs Wade. All Roe vs Wade did was end women dieing from abortions.

Prior to Roe Vs Wade, abortions were legal in some states and illegal in others. Libertarians would like to return to that status.

I don't see a Repub ever returning to the White House as long as anti-abortion wording is in the Repub Platform as 73% of the women support the right to choose even though they would never have one for themselves. Do you want liberal Presidents or continue a losing battle against abortions? That's because they won't be going away as this country will never return to pre1973 laws.

Don't like abortions? Then, don't get one!
    Last edited by Franco; 09-18-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson