The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Carrying lines on blinds

Quote Originally Posted by Bartona500 View Post
    I'm not looking for any more validation. Anything added would not be a validation, just further ideas. Maybe someone has another drill or something that has worked for them. Several of these "training help" threads go on for 6-7 pages. I'm sorry, but I'd rather people keep adding ideas to a thread like this than read 10 pages of arguing over whether a British Hunt Test Amateur Dog is better than a FC American Pro Dog who only eats such and such... you get the idea.

Just wanted folks to keep weighing in with training ideas on a training thread... Sorry!
    Feed your dog Euk 30/20 and it will take your casts just fine.

Renee P

Banned

I'm not looking for any more validation. Anything added would not be a validation, just further ideas. Maybe someone has another drill or something that has worked for them. Several of these "training help" threads go on for 6-7 pages. I'm sorry, but I'd rather people keep adding ideas to a thread like this than read 10 pages of arguing over whether a British Hunt Test Amateur Dog is better than a FC American Pro Dog who only eats such and such... you get the idea.

Just wanted folks to keep weighing in with training ideas on a training thread... Sorry!
    Your forgiven...

My point is that there is only so much in the way of drill work. The concept of holding a cast is a simple one. There is only so many ways to skin a cat. Think about the concept that has been asked to be addressed?? There's no way that this particular issue would need to be addressed with 7 pages of advice. It's not that kind of problem. Unless it gets derailed which is pretty typical...

What are you looking for in addition to what has been given in the way of advice? Something different? How?, What?

Discussion is good but making it into something bigger then it is well,,,, rather silly.

FWIW

Angie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Feed your dog Euk 30/20 and it will take your casts just fine.

Of course.... Why didn't you bring this up sooner....

Angie

WHEW.. I already feed Euk 30/20! I knew it couldn't be the training that was straightening all these casts out... glad to finally know what it was.

I get what you're saying, Angie. I had just never run the drill exactly like the picture was posted. I'm always hoping for new pictures or videos (Wayne) that show something I don't know or something better than what I do. I'm still new at this (training 3 years now).

Speaking of derailing the convo, you live in Aubrey? I used to live in Dallas, but I wasn't in to training dogs back them. I wish I had been, seems there are a ton of great trainers in the area.
    -Barton Ramsey

Banned

WHEW.. I already feed Euk 30/20! I knew it couldn't be the training that was straightening all these casts out... glad to finally know what it was.

I get what you're saying, Angie. I had just never run the drill exactly like the picture was posted. I'm always hoping for new pictures or videos (Wayne) that show something I don't know or something better than what I do. I'm still new at this (training 3 years now).

Speaking of derailing the convo, you live in Aubrey? I used to live in Dallas, but I wasn't in to training dogs back them. I wish I had been, seems there are a ton of great trainers in the area.
    I figured you were new to all this retriever training stuff.

I personally don't use a drill to work on casting. I just practice A Lot!!!! I don't have the time flexibility an amateur has. Though poor Howard has to deal with the weather...

Sorry you had to leave Dallas for Mississippi?? Bloom where you're planted.

Angie

Angie you missed a lot of fun and good food this past weekend at Lonesome Dove.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

I can't find the picture!! Its not showing up. I was going to call Howard about this drill and now he is gone--I am still in shock. Can someone help out with the picture?

Nancy, I didn't read back to see which one you're talking about, but if it's Howard lining drill, he had it on his facebook page. I will try to get it and post it.

253094_484467684904253_2056715875_n.jpg
    Was it this one, Nancy?

That is it!! Thank you so much. I could not remember the distances between the back piles and I couldn't find it in my notes. Thanks for taking the time to look it up.