The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trainer Field Bag

Default Trainer Field Bag

Do you guys use like a trainer bag to carry all the dogs items in? I need something to carry everything when we go train, hunt etc. Any thoughts?

Bushmills Gundogs in Canada is actually looking into producing a British style game/training bag.

I use the Avery trainers bag. I keep it in my truck. It helps me keep all my stuff together (ecollars, blank pistol, whistles, etc).
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

for years I used this yellow plastic tool box, tossed in the back of my truck photo from rtf rat trap thread. I still have it.

but after last year when tropical storm irene blew threw while our field trial was going on and all my gear got soaked and ruined 'cause of rain splashing up off truck bed and into/under the lid. I now use a soft side tool box made for building trade folk. much more compact and lives behind driver seat of pick up truck.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Mud River has a nice one available in either brown or camo -

Lots of storage and has a wide shoulder strap to help carry it from the truck to the field.
    Last edited by The Snows; 09-17-2012 at 05:58 PM.
    www.dakotacreekretrievers.com

Online store - http://store.dakotacreekretrievers.com
    Find us on facebook!

GMHR-III Dakota Creek's Royal Navigator MH
    MHR Pine Acre's Dakota Sand Creek SH WCI
    Dakota Creek's Royal Gem
    Dakota Creek's Long Shot
    Dakota Creek's Wreaking Havoc
    Drake's Bay Super Duty (2004 - 2013)

I used to use the mud river bag, then went to the final approach handlers bag for more pockets and divided space and used the mud river bag as a bumper bag. I then was using for my collars and receivers and everything a DU bag that I got for renewing. Now, I use a dry ammo box that has a tray so receivers, cables, binochs, and a couple manuals are in the bottom then the collars, transmitter, and walkie talkie fit on the top in the removable tray. It also has a snapped compartment on top of the lid where I keep training tabs, a multitool, and a couple other things. I LOVE this new set up because I know everything will stay dry and I have it all nice and organized. I still use the DU bag for leads, blanks for my BB, primers and my primer pistol case. You can pretty much find a bag or box with a couple compartments and you're set. I like the ammo box cuz like Ken said, you want your stuff (especially electronics) to stay dry.
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

Home Depot / Lowes tool bag

That looks like rusty old mouse trap. Or one of those traps I dug up in my yard Mr. Bora. Now some people in remote parts use them rodent sniffing dog to dig out things. They put a fancy tri collar on them and trackem. I talked to the customer support people in Arizona about the technology. I have some very special friends in the tech department. I think I can look up a few of them to see where they are overhead. It is pretty easy to figure out when your husband steals your GPS units all the time. Now he is going off on some wild goose chase again in October. I can't have a normal schedule when the gov decides he needs to travel again. The key to keeping things dry is higher ground. Just ask the boys down on the coast of the Carolina's. I sat thru a few hurricanes. My husband fought a few fires a few years back.

Strange response.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    Strange response.
    ayup,
    thats kinda "normal" for featherqwest.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin