The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: For the "independants"...something you might want to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    Let's all look back at a little history. What happened to Russia after they spent 10 years fighting in Afghanistan? Their country collapsed if my memory serves me correctly. To just pull out and throw our hands in the air, would just embolden the camel jockeys. The crazy thing is that we helped the afghans fight russia, and now they are attacking us. Not just the afghans, the entire ME. If we are going to leave, we need to make sure we make a very definitive statement to them that we are not playing with them. We need to really thump them real hard before we leave. The other thing that we need to do is quit playing by the rules of the Geneva Convention. Just kick their tails by whatever means necessary.
    So what do you propose we do, use a nuclear option and start Armageddon? do you think the other side even recognizes the Geneva convention..there are no ROE because you arent dealing with an Army , you are dealing with an ideology, you are dealing with people that will blow themselves up for a prophet, the Geneva convention only exists on old movies...There are no rules in war

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    People say if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't like the neighborhood you live in, move. If you don't like the town you live in, move to a different town. So if you don't like the way the president is handling things, Throw your hat in the ring and run for president. Once you get elected, you can wave your magic wand and fix everything overnight that took decades to mess up. Do we really believe that one person can fix all the problems of our country? As long as we have a 2 party system with polar opposite beliefs, we are not going to make any progress toward fixing things. We need people in office that will put all of their differences aside and work together toward a resolution. My employer tells us that anybody can point fingers and lay blame, but true leaders will come to the table with solutions.
    No you fire your elected officials and elect new ones, you start at state levels and work your way up, unfortunately most want your incumbent fired but not their own (except in my case, I wanted my incumbent fired too)
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    So what do you propose we do, use a nuclear option and start Armageddon? do you think the other side even recognizes the Geneva convention..there are no ROE because you arent dealing with an Army , you are dealing with an ideology, you are dealing with people that will blow themselves up for a prophet, the Geneva convention only exists on old movies...There are no rules in war

No you fire your elected officials and elect new ones, you start at state levels and work your way up, unfortunately most want your incumbent fired but not their own (except in my case, I wanted my incumbent fired too)
    I am in no way saying use nukes. I am just saying that we should leave a definite imprint on their mind as Reagan did to Libya back in the 80's. Remember though that when Russia pulled out of Afghanistan how their country crumbled, because they weren't as powerful as everybody thought. We need to make sure they have been pounded into submission. If we just throw our hands in the air and pull out over night, the rest of the world will view us as weak. Some have posted about how Obama apologizes and what not and criticizes him for that. I believe that we should take a firm stand and let them know who the alpha is. If there are no rules in war, then lets just go and win the fight and throw the rule book out the window. When you pick a fight, you'd better be ready to do whatever it takes to win, or you will be viewed as weak. We started the wars over there and we should finish the wars we started just to let them know we are not playing defense, we are playing offense. We need to stop giving all the foreign aid money to these other countries around the globe. we are always there to help them when they have a crisis, yet when we were attacked on 9/11, none of the countries that we give money to sent anybody to help us out. Nor did they give us money that didn't have to be paid back. If we would quit giving other countries money that they don't have to repay. we would be in far better financial shape. We have enough of our own home grown problems that we could throw that money at instead of pissing it away to some foreign country that doesn't appreciate our help.

I think Gerry has it nailed down folks. I worked in too many gov places fixing computers and electronics. What will happen will happen. It will all fall out in November. Now being "green" does help all those Midwestern States stay very rich. Resources has we get most of our oil from Canada. Don't forget our neighbors now who are so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by featherqwest View Post
    I think Gerry has it nailed down folks. I worked in too many gov places fixing computers and electronics. What will happen will happen. It will all fall out in November. Now being "green" does help all those Midwestern States stay very rich. Resources has we get most of our oil from Canada. Don't forget our neighbors now who are so nice.
    Nothing is going to happen. Life will go on as normal.

Under Obama to many people now consider the life we live as "normal" (unemployment being so high, so many on food stamps gas prices, etc...) they just accept the belief that this is now the America we live in. Nothing will happen... thats right under this Pres we get 4 more years of nothing .
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-22-2012 at 08:22 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

That's a good idea. the only thing though, if you keep electing people with the same philosophical thinking, you get the same thing. Two polar opposites fighting each other and the rest of the country suffers. Somebody once said, "insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." Or something to that effect. I'm sure somebody can correct it for me if it is not worded quite right. Please do so.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    How many died while your boy was on watch? I love it when folks use stragedy for political gain...speaks volume about their charactor
    Did you forget 9/11 But muslim talaban or whoever with your boy would of just turn the other cheek

Banned

No, he probably would've gone after the ones that actually attacked us. Not somebody that he had a personal axe to grind with. Sadaam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11. We should've put pressure on the Saudis to help us root out al Qaeda instead of letting them get on planes and leave before we did anything. that wouldn't have been good though, 'ol dubya didn't want to anger his oil cronies. Every one of the terrorists, at least what i'v seen and heard were/are Saudis, not Iraqis. So why did we punch somebody in the face that had nothing to do with it? We should've punched the Saudis in the face instead of Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Under Obama to many people now consider the life we live as "normal" (unemployment being so high, so many on food stamps gas prices, etc...) they just accept the belief that this is now the America we live in. Nothing will happen... thats right under this Pres we get 4 more years of nothing .
    You must have forgot that was also "normal" during the last couple years with Bush (unemployment being so high, so many on food stamps, gas prices. etc...) that was America under Bush and now that this is America under Obama. The new life we live are because both parties dug us into this hole, and neither want to get us out, instead they fight amongst themselves.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You must have forgot that was also "normal" during the last couple years with Bush (unemployment being so high, so many on food stamps, gas prices. etc...) that was America under Bush and now that this is America under Obama. The new life we live are because both parties dug us into this hole, and neither want to get us out, instead they fight amongst themselves.
    Very well stated. they are like a bunch of whiny brats crying and arguing over stupid stuff, when they should be working together to get things fixed. You are also correct in your statement about gas prices and such. I seem to remember that gas prices doubled from the time Clinton left office to the time Bush left office. Somebody check the facts for me please.