The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Default What would you do?

Over the weekend I watched a documentary about Germany during WWII. One point that was made was that there were many Germans who were not Nazis and did not agree with Hitler's agenda but by the time they realized what was happening, it was too late. Hitler was, after all, elected in a legal election. Over time, various civil liberties were taken away until the ability of the populace to resist was so diminished that nothing could be done.
    I also saw something a while back that discussed how the Brits recently lost all their handguns and what some of the negative impacts of that have been.

Sooooooo.......... my question to all you law abiding citizens out there is what will you do when it becomes law that we have to register all our firearms with the federal govt? What will you do if it becomes a felony (punishable by prison time and/or really significant fines) to be caught with an unregistered firearm? Will you be wiling to go to prison, or be driven to bankruptcy by fines and legal fees? Easy to say you will resist, but................

Once the feds know this info, it becomes much easier to completely lose our right to own firearms.

Wish this was postable as GDG on the main forum, but I know it would be moved.
    Last edited by HPL; 09-18-2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Over the weekend I watched a documentary about Germany during WWII. One point that was made was that there were many Germans who were not Nazis and did not agree with Hitler's agenda but by the time they realized what was happening, it was too late. Hitler was, after all, elected in a legal election. Over time, various civil liberties were taken away until the ability of the populace to resist was so diminished that nothing could be done.
    I also saw something a while back that discussed how the Brits recently lost all their handguns and what some of the negative impacts of that have been.
    Sooooooo.......... my question to all you law abiding citizens out there is what will you do when it becomes law that we have to register all our firearms with the federal govt? What will you do if it becomes a felony (punishable by prison time and/or really significant fines) to be caught with an unregistered firearm?
    Once the feds know this info, it becomes much easier to completely lose our right to own firearms.
    Excellent point.........I have often said that eventually the secular progressives (the party that BOO's God) will hate us for letting them have their way!!!

BTW--You will not get a straight answer on this from them.
    Last edited by road kill; 09-18-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Sooooooo.......... my question to all you law abiding citizens out there is what will you do when it becomes law that we have to register all our firearms with the federal govt? What will you do if it becomes a felony (punishable by prison time and/or really significant fines) to be caught with an unregistered firearm? Will you be wiling to go to prison, or be driven to bankruptcy by fines and legal fees? Easy to say you will resist, but................

Wish this was postable as GDG on the main forum, but I know it would be moved.
    I will never give up my right to own guns, or any other rights I currently have. My ancestors died for the opportunity to enjoy the rights (i.e. the vote, equal rights, etc). Their sacrifice was too great for me to give away any of my rights without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    I will never give up my right to own guns, or any other rights I currently have. My ancestors died for the opportunity to enjoy the rights (i.e. the vote, equal rights, etc). Their sacrifice was too great for me to give away any of my rights without a fight.
    As law abiding citizen, exactly what do you mean by "a fight"? That's really the question I think.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

As law abiding citizen, exactly what do you mean by "a fight"? That's really the question I think.
    I would refuse to surrender any guns I own. I would hope not to go to jail over it, but I would if necessary. I am sure there would be a considerable amount of organized protests and political actions. I would get involved with any of them I felt had a chance at overturning any such law. I would not be rioting in the streets like you see in the Middle East, but I would participate with whatever level resistance I deemed appropriate.

We have always owned shot guns. We have never owned a hand gun. Now we are shopping for two handguns -- one for him, one for me. Our son in law purchased two handguns last month. We are going to get ours now before laws are changed and it becomes more difficult.

We hope there is a change in our government come November so we don't have to contemplate having to register all of our firearms with the federal government.

If that becomes a law in the future, regular folks like us will be buying from the black market and not from our local gun shop.

Helen

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    We have always owned shot guns. We have never owned a hand gun. Now we are shopping for two handguns -- one for him, one for me. Our son in law purchased two handguns last month. We are going to get ours now before laws are changed and it becomes more difficult.

We hope there is a change in our government come November so we don't have to contemplate having to register all of our firearms with the federal government.

If that becomes a law in the future, regular folks like us will be buying from the black market and not from our local gun shop.

Helen
    Helen, what are the laws concerning handgun possession in Ca. I was under the impression that you might have to have some sort of permit to own one there. I haven't bought any type of forearm in many years but I thought that there was some type of federal law requiring background checks and paperwork already when purchasing from licensed dealers (hand gun or long gun).
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    We already have... try getting on a plane without being searched. Now the TSA is showing up at public events at places other than "transportation". It is getting ridiculous. I do a lot of big game hunting all over the country and I will gladly drive 25 hours rather than fly just so I don't have to be a sheep at an airport.

Unfortunately I have to fly tomorrow, as I'm judging in MT. I dread the flights... Prior to 9/11 and for several years after I flew several times a week with my job... Enough to last a lifetime.
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-18-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    Bill Davis

You will give up your guns if Obama gets in you wont have a choice.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Helen, what are the laws concerning handgun possession in Ca. I was under the impression that you might have to have some sort of permit to own one there. I haven't bought any type of forearm in many years but I thought that there was some type of federal law requiring background checks and paperwork already when purchasing from licensed dealers (hand gun or long gun).

In California (unless the law has changed since I lived there) there is a 14 day cooling off period when purchasing a handgun...and many states FFL laws will not reciprocate when transferring buying a gun on line from a place like Guns America or Gun Broker.....any transfer of a firearm, even as a gift requires a Brady document/fee....I know that when I was in Colorado at a gun store, the first thing the man asked me was if I was from Calif. because their state laws prohibit handgun sales to Calif residents...I know that NV has tightened up restrictions on selling guns to Calif residents because so many "assault type" weapons were being sold and then taken back across state lines
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"