The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Care provider drops my insurance carrier

I was told my premium increase was because of the affordable health care act. I also expect my co pay to increase.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

BTW my wife works for the regions largest Hospital network in the region. ER visits are no longer covered unless you are transported by ambulance or Care Flight Chopper...and the insured is responsible for the first $1000

Bon,
    I started a thread a year ago. My provider dropped my plan. 'Cause of upcomming changes. Had to shop round and ended with same provider with another plan. more per month and higher co-pay.
    if we like our care we can keep it? my provider changed because if "IT" and told us so in the letter.
    am I better off than I was 4 years ago? Hhhhhmmmmmmph!
    Last edited by Ken Bora; 09-19-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    .......Bon, please explain how this is in any way related to Obama Care. ...
    Damn That George Bush!

um, that kinda don't work no more do it?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This happened to me about 10 years ago. I was informed that the ER docs don't work for the hospital, they are like independent contractors. They can take or leave your insurance even if the hospital is on your provider list. It sucks, but that is the reality that a lot of folks run into. I think it's total BS.

Bon, please explain how this is in any way related to Obama Care. When I first moved to South Dakota 10 years ago, I was getting injections for a trapped nerve in an incision scar from a surgery I'd had. I had to pay through the nose because the anesthesiologists in the state would not contract with BC/BS, there was a dispute about payments and it was statewide. So there was not a single doc in the state that I could visit for my injections that would take my insurance, and the injections were like $1200 per. Talk about rape. I would get prepped by a nurse, a doc walks in, gives the injection and walks out. Total of maybe 2 minutes. That'll be $1200. It was just a steroid injection for crying out loud. We are getting raped by the medical profession because we HAVE to go to them. Witch doctors are not an option...
    Strongly disagree...You are being raped by the doctor's malpractice insurance...the consumer(patient) bears the brunt of it..One of the reasons my brother changed specialties was because as a surgeon his malpractice insurance was astronomical...the insurance companies set the rates, not the doctors...there are many incompetent doctors and its because of them that you and I have to pay thru the nose, everyone tacks on their charges and in the end the patient pays
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

This is why we need legal reform on malpractice suits. I have no problem with a guy that loses the function of a hand due to an operation getting compensation, but a guy who has "mental distress" after butt cheek implants should not even be able to file suit.

Edit: this post was in reference to Bon's post above.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    This is why we need legal reform on malpractice suits. I have no problem with a guy that loses the function of a hand due to an operation getting compensation, but a guy who has "mental distress" after butt cheek implants should not even be able to file suit.

Edit: this post was in reference to Bon's post above.
    I hope things have gotten better for you lately, as for you getting compensation, I believe you deserved it after all you went through.

My insurance sucks...the only good thing about it is I don't ever use it...and I don't use it when I should because of the pain of using it. Obamacare can not be any worse.

Please quit pretending that the system in place works well because it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Beck View Post
    Thats ok. I was just denied coverage by a new health insurance coverage. This was all based on info i gave them plus the info they already had since I went from a group policy to an individual policy. I think in the last 5 years ive been to the dr maybe 10 times. had the flu twice, a couple of sinus infections and a few physicals. im 37 in decent health.. My only major problems are this time last year i was 330 pounds and now i am 240(im 6'2).. i had a heel spur act up in april and last month i got hit in the face with a piece of wood that kicked out of the wood chipper.. Im perfectly fine.. In fact im in better shape physically now than i was when i was 18.. I called to find out why and they danced around the answer with the standard HIPPA crap.. They told me I had to request in writing, then they would write back, then i have to reply in writing to their nonsense.. Needless to say i said alot of 4 letter words today and cant wait to read their BS response,
    Wayne, you were declined due to your height/weight ratio only. Doesn't matter how healthy you are.
    Nobody has mentioned that those of us who have insurance are paying the bill for all of those who don't. It's a vicious cycle; Pedro gets stabbed on Saturday night, ambulance picks him up, hospital saves his life, he is both illegal and indigent, NOBODY GETS PAID and our rates go up to cover Pedro. Now, let's add 20-30 million more uninsured folks to the mix under Osamma and you have Socialized medicine in 3-5 years.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

6 million people will pay the health care penalty under obamacare so enjoy.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )