The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Health Care provider drops my insurance carrier

Our Grand Welfare President (you know... the guy who is "in touch" with the workin class folks) creates a new law by which:

PEOPLE are mandated (read : Required by Law) to purchase an insurance product (or else pay the tax/penalty whatever sounds good to the scotus)

BUT

The insurance company is NOT mandated or required by law manage rates, co-pays, etc.

SO... (in my demented car-dealer brain)....

If I were an insurance company owner, this would be the greatest birthday present EVER!! I would have all the customers in the world, who cannot shop state to state, so I have a near monopoly and now the doctors are at MY mercy with no requirements on premiums OR coverage levels....

And yet this is somehow NOT crony capitalism and it's GOOD for the people?????? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Let's dig in and see which insurance groups, funded by TARP and now supported by Obamacare donated to a SuperPac.

???????????????????????????????????????????And you say Romney is a bad guy??????????????????????????????????????????

This president has blatantly lied to the American people, subjected them to serfdom, is begging to remove our God and our guns, and wants to shove Mohammad down our throats.

I am so excited for him to have some flexibility "after" the election.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

No who ever told you the above lied to you

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Our Grand Governor (you know... the guy who is "in touch" with the workin class folks) creates a new law by which:

PEOPLE are mandated (read : Required by Law) to purchase an insurance product (or else pay the tax/penalty whatever sounds good to the Governor)

BUT

The insurance company is NOT mandated or required by law manage rates, co-pays, etc.

SO... (in my demented car-dealer brain)....

If I were an insurance company owner, this would be the greatest birthday present EVER!! I would have all the customers in the world, who cannot shop state to state, so I have a near monopoly and now the doctors are at MY mercy with no requirements on premiums OR coverage levels....

And yet this is somehow NOT crony capitalism and it's GOOD for the people?????? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Let's dig in and see which insurance groups, funded by TARP and now supported by Romneycare donated to a SuperPac.

???????????????????????????????????????????And you say Romney is a bad guy??????????????????????????????????????????

I am so excited for him to have some flexibility "after" the election.
    Changed a couple words, yet it remains true.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    This happened to me about 10 years ago. I was informed that the ER docs don't work for the hospital, they are like independent contractors. They can take or leave your insurance even if the hospital is on your provider list. It sucks, but that is the reality that a lot of folks run into. I think it's total BS.

Bon, please explain how this is in any way related to Obama Care. When I first moved to South Dakota 10 years ago, I was getting injections for a trapped nerve in an incision scar from a surgery I'd had. I had to pay through the nose because the anesthesiologists in the state would not contract with BC/BS, there was a dispute about payments and it was statewide. So there was not a single doc in the state that I could visit for my injections that would take my insurance, and the injections were like $1200 per. Talk about rape. I would get prepped by a nurse, a doc walks in, gives the injection and walks out. Total of maybe 2 minutes. That'll be $1200. It was just a steroid injection for crying out loud. We are getting raped by the medical profession because we HAVE to go to them. Witch doctors are not an option...
    No, the doctors don't work for the hospital. If they are on staff, they have to be on duty in the emergency room or on call a certain amount of time each month, mostly at night and on weekends. If the patient doen't pay them and there is no insurance and the gov. doesn't pay them, they don't get paid. I'm waiting for someone to tell me the last time they went to work and their boss told them that they might not get paid that day at all. Never mind that it might take 3-6 months before they will be paid if at all and you have to work under those conditions. You eveer work under those conditions? I doubt it.

As to having to go to a doctor here, have you tried Cuba, N. Korea, Greece just to name a few. It amazes me you think they are so dumb and make so much that I wonder why, if you are so smart, that YOU aren't a doctor. Just asking.

Such hate being generated by something you don't understand to begin with...just have been told its bad for you

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Changed a couple words, yet it remains true.
    yes., it works for both ways for these two.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    No who ever told you the above lied to you
    So, the insurance industry has been regulated by the federal government as to the rates they can charge for healthcare and the copays, deductibles, etc are also government mandated? this is new....do tell....
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    This is why we need legal reform on malpractice suits. I have no problem with a guy that loses the function of a hand due to an operation getting compensation, but a guy who has "mental distress" after butt cheek implants should not even be able to file suit.
    Sorry to hear you are having problems with your 'work'. You do look fabulous, though!

Banned

This will probably get me pounced on. I believe if the govt is going to mandate insurance coverage, they should also tell the insurance companies that you can only charge this much for the bare minimum coverage, and this is how much you have to pay out for claims. If it is govt mandated to have insurance, the insurance companies should not be able to deny claims or charge exorbitant premiums with high deductibles and co-pays either. One problem I see coming is this. They cannot deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions, but there is no limit on what they can charge you for that coverage. that is what needs to be fixed. there's that evil word, "Regulate" the insurance companies and alot of problems will go away.

Or the DR's can just leave like 2 of ours did today plus raise your co pay & premiums .
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-19-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )