The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Health Care provider drops my insurance carrier

Quote Originally Posted by murral stark View Post
    this will probably get me pounced on. I believe if the govt is going to mandate insurance coverage, they should also tell the insurance companies that you can only charge this much for the bare minimum coverage, and this is how much you have to pay out for claims. If it is govt mandated to have insurance, the insurance companies should not be able to deny claims or charge exorbitant premiums with high deductibles and co-pays either. One problem i see coming is this. They cannot deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions, but there is no limit on what they can charge you for that coverage. That is what needs to be fixed. There's that evil word, "regulate" the insurance companies and alot of problems will go away.
    aaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!! i CAN'T STAND IT.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    aaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!! i CAN'T STAND IT.
    Is that the sound an ox makes when being gored? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

This will probably get me pounced on. I believe if the govt is going to mandate insurance coverage, they should also tell the insurance companies that you can only charge this much for the bare minimum coverage, and this is how much you have to pay out for claims. If it is govt mandated to have insurance, the insurance companies should not be able to deny claims or charge exorbitant premiums with high deductibles and co-pays either. One problem I see coming is this. They cannot deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions, but there is no limit on what they can charge you for that coverage. that is what needs to be fixed. there's that evil word, "Regulate" the insurance companies and alot of problems will go away.
    When the government keeps regulating ( read: adds more and more regulations on a business ) it usually puts whatever the business is out of business. You really don't want the government to run the insurance business.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Is that the sound an ox makes when being gored? JD
    No, JD, I just made the decision a couple of years ago to stay out of the Obamacare discussions on POTUS. It's pointless and I have to do it enough in "real life" on a daily basis. As my predictions from past threads come true, "Aaarrrrrggggghhhh!!' is as close as I can come.

Told you so regards,
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    When the government keeps regulating ( read: adds more and more regulations on a business ) it usually puts whatever the business is out of business. You really don't want the government to run the insurance business.
    But it is perfectly fine for the insurance business to determine what health care you receive, how much you pay for it, can charge you more or drop you completely at any time? So it is better for the insurance companies to, in effect, operate "death panels", not pay Dr.'s what they want to charge for service, and the whole thing costing more in administrative fees and red tape than actual medical care?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

This will probably get me pounced on. I believe if the govt is going to mandate insurance coverage, they should also tell the insurance companies that you can only charge this much for the bare minimum coverage, and this is how much you have to pay out for claims. If it is govt mandated to have insurance, the insurance companies should not be able to deny claims or charge exorbitant premiums with high deductibles and co-pays either. One problem I see coming is this. They cannot deny you coverage for pre-existing conditions, but there is no limit on what they can charge you for that coverage. that is what needs to be fixed. there's that evil word, "Regulate" the insurance companies and alot of problems will go away.
    That was done with Obamacare. So you got your wish.

The Affordable Care Act requires insurance companies to spend at least 80% of the premiums they receive on health care services or they must rebate a portion of the premiums they have received. No more than 20% may be spent on administrative costs such as salaries, sales, and advertising. This is referred to as the "Medical Loss Ratio" standard or the 80/20 rule.

Where does the govt intrusion stop? Wait till the govt comes into your business and tells you how much profit you deserve to make. I know, it would be great if the govt controlled everything in our lives because we are to freaking stupid to take care of ourselves! (sarcasm)
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Numbers used for example only:

$200,000 in premiums (20%)= $40,000 for salaries, advertising, etc

$2,000,000 in premiums (20%) = $400,000

So the incentive to keep rates low for the individual is...?????
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    But it is perfectly fine for the insurance business to determine what health care you receive, how much you pay for it, can charge you more or drop you completely at any time? So it is better for the insurance companies to, in effect, operate "death panels", not pay Dr.'s what they want to charge for service, and the whole thing costing more in administrative fees and red tape than actual medical care?
    Your so right! How dare those evil, money grubbing insurance companies even think about making a profit. In fact, they are making so much money there are literally hundreds of insurance companies competing for you business.

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh! regards,
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Your so right! How dare those evil, money grubbing insurance companies even think about making a profit. In fact, they are making so much money there are literally hundreds of insurance companies competing for you business.

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh! regards,
    I see your point. 20% is not enough unless you are a HUGE company... and even then I don't see how salaries, admin costs, and advertising can all be paid out of the 20% (bigger you are, more you cost).... The 20% rule is new enlightenment for me and I am deeply appreciative of it. This is nuts.

So, now, there is no limit to what the individual can be charged, the insurance company MUST cover pre existing, birth control, abortion, well child care, and a host of other things.... and can only have 20% for operating expenses.

It appears as though the only one left operating will be the largest insurers. There would be no way for a small insurer to survive?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994