The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: interesting read.....checked snopes, it's for real

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I agree 100%. MAXIMUM 2 terms for Senate and House. Further, 2 terms MAXIMUM in the legislative branch. Also, 10 years MAXIMUM as SCOTUS- no more appointments for life.-Paul
    Since House terms are for only two years, and Senate terms much longer, I think the # of terms for House members should be balanced with the length of those terms. 2 for Senate; max 10 years for House.

If SCOTUS terms were only 10 years, they would vary almost in conjunction with whoever is POTUS. I think 15 might work better ... but "life" is certainly does not seem appropriate. I do wonder that when the Constitution was written that the anticipated lifespan was shorter than today, and it was not anticipated that a SCOTUS would be serving as long as they can today.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Limiting the authority of the federal government to those powers clearly stated in The Constitution and returning powers to the individual states would fix our mess.

BINGO!!!

We are NOT a democracy,, we are a republic of states, binded by a constitution.. Very simple...
    What has caused this mess, is the departure from simple ideas. Pay attention to the people you vote for locally.

Hold them accountable for the job they do, just like your Boss does to you.. They dont perform,, or lie, cheat, steal,, they are gone...

I never post here,, But things really have to change,, and it has to begin with Us. The constitution starts off with the words, "We the people"

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    BINGO!!!

We are NOT a democracy,, we are a republic of states, binded by a constitution.. Very simple...
    What has caused this mess, is the departure from simple ideas. Pay attention to the people you vote for locally.

Hold them accountable for the job they do, just like your Boss does to you.. They dont perform,, or lie, cheat, steal,, they Get to stay for life

I never post here,, But things really have to change,, and it has to begin with Us. The constitution starts off with the words, "We the people"

Gooser
    Welcome to the dark side, Gooser! I took the liberty of fixing your post.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Cary,

I don't think any reasonable person could make a case for bigger government. Therein lies the problem!

The secondary problem is going about reducing the size of Government agencies and programs in a manner that will ensure the people are well served, and that is a HUGE task that demands non-partisan thinking by folks that are well versed in what those agencies and programs were created to do.

So, the short answer is that i think we need less Government intervention in our lives.
    Thanks for the answer. Reducing the size of gov. agencies and programs is a step in the right direction, as opposed to reducing the GROWTH RATE of agencies and programs. I even go farther. My yardstick is that if an agency has not met it's mission, then eliminate that agency and program. Start over recognizing it's failure and try another tact. The important factor is what works.

In my opinion, the most destructive event in the history of this country was the implemantation of the income tax. Who in the world can argue that it is not fatallly flawed? 70,000 pages of deductions shold be enough proff that it can never work. Had we not had the income tax, I doubt that many of these failed agencies and programs would have ever existed. Boy, that is change I could live with. Maybe that makes me a radical liberal.

I go even further than term limits. Make the pay so small that a member of the congress has only a part time job and has to return home and have a real job to live. If they can't get their business done in 90 days then they should quit. Republicans had term limits in their contract with America and failed to honor it. Big mistake and had they done so, I do believe that the American people would have known they were serious instead of pandering. Dennis Hastert et al spent money like drnken sailers and now the democrats make them look like beginners. Republicans were on the same path as the democrats but wanted a slower rate. Hopefully, they have learned their lesson before it is too late. I have no illusions as to the difficulty of weaning us off dependence and control by the gov. but I truly hope it will be done.

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I will repeat that THE biggest issue facing America with this election is the appointing of 2-4 new Supreme Court justices in the next 4-8 years. That is more important than a figure head that is called a Commander-in-Chief that can veto what congress pimps.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Your right!
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )