The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iran & Nukes?

Default Iran & Nukes?

I am going to ask a couple of simple questions this week.

#1--Is Iran near getting a nuclear weapon?

If so, what do you think they will do with it?

Does it concern you at all that a terrorist supporting regime will have a nuclear weapon?
    Stan b & Elvis

If they don't have a nuclear weapon yet they are working on it. If they get it; it won't be used as a deterant against a country that has one. Iran will "bully" the region and threaten to use it. Specifically against Isreal. Isreal will not back down to their threats and needs international support with the U.S. leading the way to put Iran back in its place. If Isreal stands alone and feels threatened (Isreal has the NUKE), They will take Iran out. Isreals Nuke is far more developed and advanced than what the Iranians could or have produced. Isreal WILL NOT wait for Iran to launch, they will prevent a luanch by launching first.

This is why it is imparitive President Obama, Sec. of State Hillary Clinton do something; anything. Wow with those two leading the way, you can understand Isreals concerns and why they must wait until the next administration comes in...if there's time.

My opinion is-Isreal won't wait for them to "stock pile" WMD's. Isreal will take threat out before that happens.

Yes, I think Iran is close to having nukes and ,yes, I think they are crazy (zealot) enough to use it. I am concerned because Obama apparently is not.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Iran General says if Isreal attacks them , they ( Iran) will attack us thus causing WW3. Thats why theres more at stake in this election than a President who looks good on the view.
    Do you feel that we are safe under Obama when he still hasn't even told us that the 9/11 attack was an act of terrorism? He STILL blames the video. Plus he and Biden keep reminding us that terrorism has been wiped out now because osama bin laden is dead.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

the THREAT of using a nuclear device makes it a game changer...One nuke in the hands of Iran is one too many
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

This is a pretty complicated situation. I don't know who would step up to defend Iran if an attack was launched on them. Would China want to engage in a nuclear exchange with us over Iran? How about Russia? Seems unlikely to me so not too sure that it is in Iran's power to start WWIII. How would Iran attack us? We are half a world away. They don't have a world class navy. They have three old , soviet built, diesel/electric which would be lost the first day of any conflict. Apparently they do have modern anti ship missiles, but I have to think that the launch platforms would be lost pretty quickly. It would be pretty difficult to attack us from the air. I doubt they have any delivery system that could reliably deliver a nuke to the US, and we could certainly carpet Nuke them if we wished. If Iran gets a nuke, I feel like it is possible that they could actually use it against Israel, but what would be their target? (Tel Aviv I suppose). Seems like hitting Jerusalem would enrage the muslem world to me. We know that Israel IS is a nuclear power with sophisticated delivery systems, so if attacked, Israel could retaliate with Old Testament fury. Not sure what the sensible course of action is here.
    Last edited by HPL; 09-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    This is a pretty complicated situation. I don't know who would step up to defend Iran if an attack was launched on them. Would China want to engage in a nuclear exchange with us over Iran? How about Russia? Seems unlikely to me so not too sure that it is in Iran's power to start WWIII. How would Iran attack us? We are half a world away. They don't have a world class navy. They have three old , soviet built, diesel/electric which would be lost the first day of any conflict. Apparently they do have modern anti ship missiles, but I have to think that the launch platforms would be lost pretty quickly. It would be pretty difficult to attack us from the air. I doubt they have any delivery system that could reliably deliver a nuke to the US, and we could certainly carpet Nuke them if we wished. If Iran gets a nuke, I feel like it is possible that they could actually use it against Israel, but what would be their target? (Tel Aviv I suppose). Seems like hitting Jerusalem would enrage the muslem world to me. We know that Israel IS is a nuclear power with sophisticated delivery systems, so if attacked, Israel could retaliate with Old Testament fury. Not sure what the sensible course of action is here.
    Posted with TIC - I see little cause for concern, we have been assured by the progressives on this forum that the POTUS & SoS have our backs & are the superior FP experts, that assurance should be sufficient for us troglodytes .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Israel will nuke Iran if they are pushed to the brink. Then all Middle Eastern counties will then unleash an "unholy" war against Isreal and all countries that support Israel. All Islamic supporters including our "President" will consider Iranians as martyrs to Muslim culture/Muslim brotherhood, and will call Israels actions violent and over the top. The United States will be targeted as we have many Israeli/Jewish citizens and supporters. It would not suprise me if our President does not order military action againts Isreal to side with Middle Eastern run United Nations. Hold on tight if he'is re-elected...

Obama calls this turmoil in the middel east "bumps in the road" wonder how that makes the families of the 4 dead Americans feel.

In an interview with "60 Minutes" Obama said "there are going to be bumps in the road because ... in a lot of these places the one organizing principal has been Islam." Obama was asked about recent events in the Middle East but not specifically about the attack in Libya that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-24-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )