The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Media's Rape of Reality

I can tell you what is stated that Rapid /City SD School of Mines graduates command more money than any other school to include Harvard. Now Uncle Bill has met me a few times. They take the finest hardy pioneer people they can find and spend lots of money training them for special things. If you really want to learn how to comprehend things it doesn't take more than a 2 min click to a few places on the internet to figure it out. There is no perfect. Everyone is equal but it depends on which state or country you live in. At least in the US you can move freely from place to place with the proper ID and passports. Just add a Military discharge for that has lots of awards and what you get is normal. You can never cheat the system. They will screen you before you enter a prison to see if you are safe. Drinking and drugging will only cause problems. Before you dump lots of money on a expensive private school check out some of the finest schools that my Dad and family attended. They will pay off big time when you have offspring who do well . USD University of South Dakota at Vermillion. Spearfish, SD. Great program if you are "Green" and into drilling or digging. Now there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by featherqwest View Post
    I can tell you what is stated that Rapid /City SD School of Mines graduates command more money than any other school to include Harvard. Now Uncle Bill has met me a few times. They take the finest hardy pioneer people they can find and spend lots of money training them for special things. If you really want to learn how to comprehend things it doesn't take more than a 2 min click to a few places on the internet to figure it out. There is no perfect. Everyone is equal but it depends on which state or country you live in. At least in the US you can move freely from place to place with the proper ID and passports. Just add a Military discharge for that has lots of awards and what you get is normal. You can never cheat the system. They will screen you before you enter a prison to see if you are safe. Drinking and drugging will only cause problems. Before you dump lots of money on a expensive private school check out some of the finest schools that my Dad and family attended. They will pay off big time when you have offspring who do well . USD University of South Dakota at Vermillion. Spearfish, SD. Great program if you are "Green" and into drilling or digging. Now there are others.
    And please don't say things bad about Iowa people. The truck driver from long meadow told me that thing there are something too!! Let me tell you that there are some fine communities in IOWA. They take those chicken and farmrer types. Send them to Cedar Rapids. Now Wesfield Mass has a nice teachers college too... Many of those elementary schools in Rapid City are names after places in CT and Mass.

There are fine people in Texas too!! In the CONUS everyone can move around at will.

Back to the media's rape of reality ... lots of discussion lately on various websites as to whether the polling of the outcome of the election is being cherry-picked for details.

Saw one analysis that the best way to assess what is happening with polls (to even out the sampe differences) was to look at the averages of the polls ... when that is done, back in June Obama was ahead by 2.3 %-age points, and in Sept. is ahead by 2.6%. Basically no change. The lead could be as large as 3%-age points.

OTOH, I am really puzzled that O's lead would hold through the upset in the ME and the way it was handled; and the increase in gas prices over the past month; and no really good news coming out about the economy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...Lid%3D209475Is this not something and BUZZ AND MENMOM SAY FOX IS ALL WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by featherqwest View Post
    I don't know how you arrived here from the OP but, SDSM&T has one of the most demanding curriculum in the US, at least it did when I was there. Used to go up to a spot on Rapid Creek & study on warm autumn days. But I was able to do the whole nine yards on a $110/month GI Bill, still have my slide rule . One of my sons went to State, Dairy Manufacturing at a lower cost with OS tuition than in state here in WA. TBS I have one for you about aesthetically awesome Spearfish that we did at Mines . Far beyond the hills of Rapid, there for all to see, lies an old abandoned outhouse, called BHTC!!!!!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I don't know how you arrived here from the OP but, SDSM&T has one of the most demanding curriculum in the US, at least it did when I was there. Used to go up to a spot on Rapid Creek & study on warm autumn days. But I was able to do the whole nine yards on a $110/month GI Bill, still have my slide rule . One of my sons went to State, Dairy Manufacturing at a lower cost with OS tuition than in state here in WA. TBS I have one for you about aesthetically awesome Spearfish that we did at Mines . Far beyond the hills of Rapid, there for all to see, lies an old abandoned outhouse, called BHTC!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! But, But, But...ALL those schools of higher larning aimed a producing "teachers", got all uppity and had those names scuttled. They are now, for the most part, still teaching the same classes, but NOT with the same name.

Kinda like the school my brother went to in Fargo, ND. At the time it was known as the "AC"...acronym for North Dakota Agricultural College. But then many students got their panties in a bunch after being referred to as the 'cow college', so they changed their name, and so did the one of similar distinction in Brookings SD. To be completely honest, however, they did add several 'colleges' to their offerings, so becoming a UNIVERSITY was totally understandable.

That said, I still like to tease my brother of having graduated from the "AC"...and voted "Most likely to Sack Seed".

Concerning the School of Mines...or Tech...or Hardrockers...as they are known in Rapid City...have many grads that START in the 6 figure range. A close friend's son has been promoted to managing a huge division of Cat, at the age of 34. He makes double the Obama taxable gottcha. Another friend's daughter, at age 27, makes more in a month than her dad made in a year. She was a perfect 4.0 as a mathematician and physics. Now works for Raytheon.

Sorry if I aided in hijacking this thread, but Marvin got me going, so it's all his fault. heh heh heh heh (BTW, who da hayel is Featherqwest?)

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! But, But, But...ALL those schools of higher larning aimed a producing "teachers", got all uppity and had those names scuttled. They are now, for the most part, still teaching the same classes, but NOT with the same name.

Kinda like the school my brother went to in Fargo, ND. At the time it was known as the "AC"...acronym for North Dakota Agricultural College. But then many students got their panties in a bunch after being referred to as the 'cow college', so they changed their name, and so did the one of similar distinction in Brookings SD. To be completely honest, however, they did add several 'colleges' to their offerings, so becoming a UNIVERSITY was totally understandable.

That said, I still like to tease my brother of having graduated from the "AC"...and voted "Most likely to Sack Seed".

Concerning the School of Mines...or Tech...or Hardrockers...as they are known in Rapid City...have many grads that START in the 6 figure range. A close friend's son has been promoted to managing a huge division of Cat, at the age of 34. He makes double the Obama taxable gottcha. Another friend's daughter, at age 27, makes more in a month than her dad made in a year. She was a perfect 4.0 as a mathematician and physics. Now works for Raytheon.

Sorry if I aided in hijacking this thread, but Marvin got me going, so it's all his fault. heh heh heh heh (BTW, who da hayel is Featherqwest?)

UB
    - In the Midwest that passes for humor - In my day at Mines when the first ones couldn't cut it they went to Vewrmillion which had fairly good Business & Law programs. If they failed there it was off to one of the normal schools to step into the 1st tier of what I called the McDonalds of being a professional.

FQ has been called out for being in the sauce before posting on the other forum, but claims on this thread to have met you many times, what gives UB ?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    - In the Midwest that passes for humor - In my day at Mines when the first ones couldn't cut it they went to Vewrmillion which had fairly good Business & Law programs. If they failed there it was off to one of the normal schools to step into the 1st tier of what I called the McDonalds of being a professional.

FQ has been called out for being in the sauce before posting on the other forum, but claims on this thread to have met you many times, what gives UB ?

I wish I knew???? There's only two folks I know, or know me, that I am aware of, in Iowa. One was a prolific poster on RTF, but was so far left, he got upset with the conservative bent most of us advocated, and erased all his posts and left the forum a few years ago. He was a good 'dog-man', so he may have returned under another alias, but I doubt he'd be all that cordial to me.

The other was a good conservative that almost got drowned in the Iowa floods a few years ago, and it cancelled a hunting trip I'd invited him to in Sodak. When he got his feet under him again, and contacted me to try and reschedule the hunt, I had sold out my property on the Oahe, and was into chemo and not strong enough, so all I could do was advise him where to hunt, which he did. Dan didn't use that FQ alias that I was aware of, although it would certainly fit him. I suspect some time down the road, I'll be PM'd and then I'll be slapping my forehead with a "V-8" moment.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.