The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: "I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket."

Default "I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/274...-support-Obama

Cocoa, Florida (FL Today) -- A Brevard Community College math instructor is being investigated by the college for allegedly using class time to urge students to vote for President Barack Obama and for distributing campaign material that says "I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket."

Associate Professor Sharon Sweet, 58, requested and was granted an unpaid leave of absence Monday morning as senior college officials look into the matter. Sweet did not return phone messages or an email seeking comment Monday.
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

looks like the school is comming down hard on her. good for them. why would a math teacher even talk poly tics anyway?
    waste of class time
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

The Zombie Apocalypse will be coming in time for the election!

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

A caller to a talk show yesterday (didn't catch where she was from) told about her 9 yr old's school experience this year. The students were given a supplies list for the start of school. When the kids brought in their supplies, the teacher put them all in one "community" box, from which students would draw the supplies they needed as the school year progressed. It was not mentioned, bud I'd have to guess that the teacher got to dispense the supplies to each kid ... not just allow the kids to grab from the store of supplies. (Wonder how that would work out in one of Chicago's or Philadelphia's gang-dominated schools?)

Mom was stunned by this. Even the 9-yr-old felt it was "unfair". Mother further was distressed that one of the things she tries to teach her child is respect for other people's property, and was already extrapolating that such teaching was useless if all property was communal. There is no longer a reason for the words "stealing" and "theft" because everything belongs to everyone.

I can remember as a kid in NYC elementary school, that we all brought our own supplies at the beginning of the year. Everybody started out with a new box of crayons Poorer kids usually only had a box of Crayola 8s. We all lusted after those boxes of 48

As the year went on, the teacher saved the crayons that kids discarded as they broke or wore down ... and then any of the kids could search through the broken crayons if we needed a color we didn't have ourselves. However, this communal property was voluntarily (not by mandate) donated (or simply discarded) to the communal box; and thrift motivated the teacher to save the discards.

The stupid things we remember from first grade!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    A caller to a talk show yesterday (didn't catch where she was from) told about her 9 yr old's school experience this year. The students were given a supplies list for the start of school. When the kids brought in their supplies, the teacher put them all in one "community" box, from which students would draw the supplies they needed as the school year progressed. It was not mentioned, bud I'd have to guess that the teacher got to dispense the supplies to each kid ... not just allow the kids to grab from the store of supplies. (Wonder how that would work out in one of Chicago's or Philadelphia's gang-dominated schools?)

Mom was stunned by this. Even the 9-yr-old felt it was "unfair". Mother further was distressed that one of the things she tries to teach her child is respect for other people's property, and was already extrapolating that such teaching was useless if all property was communal. There is no longer a reason for the words "stealing" and "theft" because everything belongs to everyone.

I can remember as a kid in NYC elementary school, that we all brought our own supplies at the beginning of the year. Everybody started out with a new box of crayons Poorer kids usually only had a box of Crayola 8s. We all lusted after those boxes of 48

As the year went on, the teacher saved the crayons that kids discarded as they broke or wore down ... and then any of the kids could search through the broken crayons if we needed a color we didn't have ourselves. However, this communal property was voluntarily (not by mandate) donated (or simply discarded) to the communal box; and thrift motivated the teacher to save the discards.

The stupid things we remember from first grade!
    I believe that if I had not been told that the property was to be donated to the class as opposed to being supplies required for my child's use, I would have to swear out a warrent for her arrest for theft.

GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )