The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Guns Versus Alcohol

Default Guns Versus Alcohol

OK so gun control advocates say that they present too great of a danger to society and only have limited social benefit. However, why don't these people look at other things that present even greater danger and less social benefit. Look at Alcohol. The only benefits it provides is social recreation. The cost is:

• 250,000 people have died in alcohol related accident in the past 10 years.
    • Over 50% of all fatal highway crashes involving two or more cars are alcohol related.
    • Over 65% of all fatal single car crashes are alcohol related.
    • Over 36% percent of all adult pedestrian accidents are alcohol related.
    • An average of 30,000 people die per year from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much
    • 36% of all adult pedestrian accidents involve an intoxicated pedestrian.
    • 40% of all suicide attempts are alcohol-related
    • 54% of all violent crimes are alcohol-related
    • 60% of all emergency room admissions are alcohol-related
    • 80% of all domestic disputes are alcohol-related

At least guns provide some degree of protection. The reality is that gun control people don't like guns. They grew up without them and all the know about them is the violent side. When they think about guns they think about the nightly news and I think about spending time with my father in a hunting blind. Getting rid of guns has zero impact on them so why do they care. However I bet if you made they same argument about alcohol they would scream about government over steeping their bounds and trying to control people. Seems pretty hypocritical isn't it. People love making their lives better by making someone else sacrifice.
    Last edited by Nate_C; 12-19-2012 at 10:56 AM.

I think last time they tried that they realized it was more profitable to tax it than ban it. Just like tobacco.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~