Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast and Furious Conclusion

Default Fast and Furious Conclusion

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/19...ment-failures/

You guys can look for some new scandel now...this one did not stick

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

Yep, Communist News Channel always tells it straight up the middle.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Only a sycophant like you can buy into this. If you weren't such a toad, you'd still be concerned about Holders contempt of court charges that will bring him through the civil enforcement of those charges. Hopefully, since the messiah got involved with some unconstitutional gobbldygook, he too will be involved in the entire court case.

All of their 'fall-on-the-sword' little people now being fired to cover their collective arses, will not be adequate protection. Their only hope is the entire affair will probably be dropped when Obama isn't re-elected.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Did you read the part that said this began in 2006....who was the POTUS then.....I'm sure he put the sting in motion....lets file charges and sue him too. This is typical right natzi crapollla

Did you read the part that said this began in 2006....who was the POTUS then.....I'm sure he put the sting in motion....lets file charges and sue him too. This is typical right natzi crapollla
    Yep, it was all Bush!!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

if he is responsible...yes, he should be held accountable!

I can never accept the manager's position of "I had no idea it was happening"

No business accepts that. The USA should not be any different.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

In which case, if Holder had no idea what was going on, he must be grossly incompetent; as well as whoever of his staff should have known, and either didn't know or didn't report to Holder.

Yes, we know there was a similar type of operation during the Bush administration, but it was shut down when they discovered that the GSPs that were being implanted in the weapons they were tracking were being removed by the criminals. That operation had been shut down before F&F began. The reference to 2006 was in Holder's statement, but was a vague reference, without detail. The Wide Receiver operation (under Bush) was mentioned long ago, and also that it had been terminated while Bush was still POTUS.

From the full CNN article:
    Wednesday's report criticized Breuer and another top official, Gary Grindler, who was acting deputy attorney general when the events took place, for failing to pass along information to the attorney general and other top officials. But they remain with the department.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Get your facts right. While, the program of attempting to follow the gun trail did start under Bush it was a completely different program than the one started under Obama / Holder. Under the previous program the guns were never let over the border without safe guards in place and many of them at that. Under Holder the guns were just let loose and we hoped to find serial numbers after murders of border patrol agents I suppose. The operation wide receiver started under Bush was shut down in 2007 after it was deemed a failure....

And two HUGE points. Under Bush's separate program no Americans were killed. Secondly is the fact that the Mexican government was kept in the loop through the entirety of the program.

You are either uninformed or lying...typical left wing crapola....
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 09-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Get your facts right. While, the program of attempting to follow the gun trail did start under Bush it was a completely different program than the one started under Obama / Holder. Under the previous program the guns were never let over the border without safe guards in place and many of them at that. Under Holder the guns were just let loose and we hoped to find serial numbers after murders of border patrol agents I suppose. The operation wide receiver started under Bush was shut down in 2007 after it was deemed a failure....

And two HUGE points. Under Bush's separate program no Americans were killed. Secondly is the fact that the Mexican government was kept in the loop through the entirety of the program.....
    Worth repeating. Cody is right.

In Wide Receiver, the guns had gsps installed, the guns were tracked on both sides of the border because Mexico was involved in the operation. Arrests were made. When it was discovered that the bad guys learned about the gsps and removed them from the guns, the Wide Receiver operation was terminated. A little over 300 guns were involved and many were recovered.

In Fast and Furious, Mexico was not told and not included in the operation. Over 2,000 guns walked across the border and were not tracked at all. The F & F operation continued until our border agent Terry was killed. And then the DOJ denied that guns had walked. Took them 8 months before they admitted it.

Wide Receiver and Fast and Furious were totally different operations. Do your homework and take time to research both operations so you know how different they were.'

The Oversight Hearing on the inspector general's report is tomorrow morning. I hope they ask the IG about Lanny Breuer's involvement and why he got a pass in the report when documents prove he knew all about it.

Helen

Also hope that the Oversight Hearing reminds everyone about the whistle-blower at the field level who said superiors refused to respond to warnings that the operation was failing (BEFORE the border agent was killed) ... and that the gun dealers who were recruited to cooperate with the operation also objected; and would never have otherwise made the sales to such obvious straw buyers.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.