The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Anyone Using Your BB Upgrade Hawx System To Run Wingers?

Default Anyone Using Your BB Upgrade Hawx System To Run Wingers?

Curious if anyone is using the Hawx Bumper Boy system to run their Wingers? Neither Zinger or Gunners Up could answer the question if their Winger system was compatible or not. Thanks in advance!

http://store.bumperboy.com/ProductDe...=BB%2DWingerWH

Here you go...off BB's site:

Bumper Boy receiver & antenna. The receiver can be used to control third-party launchers like Wingers. Uses the motion button on the Master Transmitter.

Adding a Winger or bird release- On the receiver there is a jack that can produce 6 volts through a standard audio plug, commonly used on wingers or bird releases. This jack is activated by the launch button. In addition, the motion plug can also provide another 6-volt supply to control a second winger (activated by the motion button).
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

I have used them for my Malcom's. The way I have the transmitter programed. The side button is used to raise and lower the Malcom. I use the motion plug in on the receiver. A plug in was proided (bought), from bumper boy with a female speaker wire end. Which plugs into a 8' speaker wire and into the Malcom. When everything is working its a pretty good system.

I use it on a Zinger Winger and a Malcom. I use it with the new system and used it with the old.

Since the receivers are pretty expensive you can use the receiver that's already on a BB launcher too. Just put it beside the winger and plug it in.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

I do not have the newer Hawx electronics but I have used BB receivers for my Zinger wingers for years. I have a formula somewhere hidden in this computer that tells me how to connect the servo wire to a male RCA plug. I use an extension wire so I do not permanently alter the main wire. From one receiver, I can remotely fire a shotgun with a popper, fire the launcher and retire my white flag. Cannot un-retire the flag but since I have to reload the winger anyway I just re-set the flag. Try doing that with one receiver at a station with any other equipment.
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Lebanon, OH

Thanks for all the info!

Ok I plugged my Zinger Winger II's in using a Mono Male/Female mini stereo cable from Radio Shack. It did not work, so I took the cover off the Winger servo cover and reversed the 2 plug in wire leads and now it works just fine! This now answers the question neither Zinger or BB knew the answer to as to the wiring compatibility.