The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama on Letterman

Default Obama on Letterman

I was curious.......since there is such a concern with accuracy and truth, what is everyone's critique of the "performance" by the President of the United States on the David Letterman show?

Standing by...............
    Stan b & Elvis

sorry, I did not see it.
    there was like a 30 sec tease after the fact on the morning news.
    any great policy changes talked about?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I mentioned on another thread that it was reported that Letterman asked about the situation of the violence against embassies in the ME. That was when Obama responded in a way that was already counter to what Carney had released earlier in the day ... backpedaling on the line that it was "all about the movie."

Has anyone else noticed that there has been no mention of Oprah's name this time around? I recall that she said some months ago that she would vote for Obama again, but that she would not be involved in campaigning for him as she was in 2008. Yet, I'm still surprised that we haven't heard her name mentioned in connection with any of the fundraisers. (maybe I missed something?) Maybe there was accuracy in Ed Klein's book about the cold shoulder given to Oprah after the election was over last time? Seems they traded Oprah for George Clooney.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I was preoccupied watching Rand Paul on the Willis Report/Fox Buisness News.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd_u9...ature=youtu.be
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Damn, I missed it! I was watching some paint dry.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

While I believe that Ron's ship sailed a while ago ... Rand should have a political future. Fact is that Ron comes off as cantankerous, while Rand is much more "approachable", while he also remains forceful for his principles.

I agree with Rand on this issue for sure. Is there a reason we send foreign aid to China and Russia? Cut me a break!! $2.6 Billion to Russia, alone! That could do a lot of good right here in the US. Maybe some of that could have provided the funds for helping get health care for those with pre-existing conditions, rather than re-vamping the whole health care system? The clip didn't mention (or I missed it) how much we give to China.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

He looked cool like he always does but he made a big mistake when he said people feel America is safe. I guess he didnt get the memo that a former Gitmo prisoner was behind the libya attack and not the 14 min film that he and his admin laid all the blame on . It would be to hard on him to admit they really do hate him. Romney should jump all over that for a tv ad, have Obama commenting on how safe we are with the picture of Chris Stevens being dragged down the steet and his compound on fire. WE get hit by another terror attack on 9/11 and our Pres lies to all us week because he doesnt want to admit it. Bush took heat because he sat with those kids when he was told of the trade tower attack but as soon as he left the room he told us what was happening , this guy and his admin have lied to us for over a week.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-20-2012 at 10:05 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Another portrayal of Obongolo moving his mouth and not saying anything. He made a fool of himself when he said he didn't remember what the federal deficit was
    when he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    While I believe that Ron's ship sailed a while ago ... Rand should have a political future. Fact is that Ron comes off as cantankerous, while Rand is much more "approachable", while he also remains forceful for his principles.

I agree with Rand on this issue for sure. Is there a reason we send foreign aid to China and Russia? Cut me a break!! $2.6 Billion to Russia, alone! That could do a lot of good right here in the US. Maybe some of that could have provided the funds for helping get health care for those with pre-existing conditions, rather than re-vamping the whole health care system? The clip didn't mention (or I missed it) how much we give to China.
    We give a lot more to China than Russia in Foreign Aide I don't know the exact amout. I just know they get more because the have more Human Rights violations. Funny how we borrow money from them to give to them. Tell me that our Foreign Policy isn't sick!

I like cantankerus. My Grandfather was as cantankerous as they come and never minced words and I loved that man! What the USA needs is more cantankerous public servants!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We give a lot more to China than Russia in Foreign Aide I don't know the exact amout. I just know they get more because the have more Human Rights violations. Funny how we borrow money from them to give to them. Tell me that our Foreign Policy isn't sick!

I like cantankerus. My Grandfather was as cantankerous as they come and never minced words and I loved that man! What the USA needs is more cantankerous public servants!
    That why you like BobbyB so much???
    Just Win